Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

Benarbia said:
Truly diabolical and probably against the worst team in the league

This is the thing for me. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, hell even the RAGs would have beaten Hull by a few goals at home today.

We are too soft, we dont punish teams like we used to.

Title is over. NO WAY will a Mourinho team surrender 7 points. He is going to be drinking his glass of red, feet up, smiling like a twat tonight.

kippaxking79 said:
What's even more frightening is after watching Spuds v Arse they looked 100 times better than us. All over the pitch. The willingness to win the ball back, direct passing, 1-2 touch passing, running off the ball - Everything.! Finishing 2nd would be an achievement after today's performance.

Yep I watched that game and they were both miles better than us in every department. I don't know what's wrong. You could run through every one of our players and I can't think of one that is in form. They all look lethargic, other than Navas and Jimmy.

We had Kun, Edin and Nasri playing and all looking half fit, our defence was shambolic, Zab is woefully out of form, Fernando should be exported straight back to where he came from, and then Pellers takes off Silva when he is our main player to break down a parked bus.

It was lunacy from beginning to end.

der bomber28 said:
How does a team, with the best defence in the league, and the post potant attacking play, get reduced to this? Something is clearly wrong, and it's not just down to missing Yaya, I'm amazed at how bad we have become, so quickly. Yes we had a dip after the 2012 title win, but this is on another level. We seem devoid of ideas, and everything that made us a force, the last few seasons. Seems to have been systematically stripped from our game, a great manager, sees where it's going wrong, learns from it, and strives to make it right. This doesn't seem to be happening with us, and chavs away aside. We've been bang average at best for a while now. I'm not calling for Manuel's head just yet, however I'm fast loosing faith, and you can't deny the slide we're experiencing under him this season is frightening. Yes the players have to shoulder a large chunk of the blame, but when an issue as blatant as our corners, still isn't being adressed, then the buck stops with the manager and coaches. Hope we can turn this form round, but with every result like this, at what was once considered a fortress, and feared away fixture. My hope is diminishing rapidly.

Mine too but we have missed the likes of Garcia and the Beast . Someone who could just get in the way , stop a move , intercept , frustrate opposing players attacks , clear the ball away from defence etc etc Garcia was called a donkey by some at first . He was part of our winning set up .the beast stopped scoring but he would have put himself about a bit in the box and from set pieces that's important . Who do we have in the team that makes a physical presence felt when corners come in ? Those 2 were big physical men and we've missed them in my view . Play is too one dimensional and teams coming to Etihad have parked the bus and will continue to do so for the rest of this season I was surprised to see those 2 go tbh . Recall the beast next season at least .Midfield is not working . Too many gaps and that causes us to defend deep and allow opposition shots .
MP sort it out . Now !

Etihad Dave said:
Luck95 said:
Pellegrini to blame today

Players need to stand up and take the blame as well.

We need to sign 4 or 5 world class players in summer, our squad is too average compared to teams like Bayern and Real Madrid. Too many old players.

I worry for our future if we keep getting results like today.

Ha ha why as a utd fan do you say "we" , don't worry it doesn't bother me , I know you tried to be clever and called yourself etihad Dave, you lot say etihad means united, why don't you call yourself united Dave,

Not to worry we've been here before united and Liverpool thought they had won it, United had 8 points in front with just a few games remaining, remember when we won the greatest ever premier league ending.

Chelsea will wobble and CIty to win it again, do you agree United Dave, sorry I meant etihad Dave! ,

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Adebayor said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
He's right we are all picking up points. In the last 6 games we've picked up 5 points. Great return from Everton, Chelsea away and Burnley, Sunderland, Arsenal & Hull at home

Are you f*****g kidding? Great return? For a team fighting for the title we should be looking for 9 points MINIMUM from those games.

I just cannot believe Jovetic is a professional footballer.

Desperately need Yaya back, and fingers crossed Bony can push us on.

CTID
I was taking the piss out of the daft c**t that said we are picking up points mate
who you calling a daft **** you fucking nerd??
so we haven`t picked any points up what so ever in the past few weeks?
I`m all ears when you`re ready flower...

Etihad Dave said:
der bomber28 said:
How does a team, with the best defence in the league.

This is rubbish IMO. We haven't got the best defence in the league, far from it.

Kompany's best days are behind him. Clichy is average. Demichelis is average. Mangala is a poor signing. Kolorov is shite.

Only Zaba is class.

Disagree totally with that. If he was 34 and getting these knocks taking him in and out of the team ok i would agree but he has a few years before anyone can make such a claim with conviction.

City Raider said:
These performance based contracts are working out well.

That's what i was thinking - if it's all based on winning the league that would explain why they've all thrown in the towel

beano46 said:
Don't worry people It's not all bad at least we've got one of Vinnie's motivational positive tweets to look forward to later.

I would like to see him tweet some thing along the lines of

"all the team except we let ourselves,the Club and most of all our fans down today with our totally inept performance. So much so we are all donating our hugely inflated wages to a local Children's Charity"

or he could just STFU and don't bother tweeting fuck all

Etihad Dave said:
der bomber28 said:
How does a team, with the best defence in the league.

This is rubbish IMO. We haven't got the best defence in the league, far from it.

Kompany's best days are behind him. Clichy is average. Demichelis is average. Mangala is a poor signing. Kolorov is shite.

Only Zaba is class.

Oh dear :( I've read some shite on here today but this is pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.