Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

As usual we coast through the first half without doing anything and playing catch up in the second half.

How about we start with a bit of urgency and really get at them early on.

Eccles Blue said:
I can usually get over a defeat/draw within an hour of the match finishing but tonight I am finding it difficult. Come on City just get back to your normal brilliant play. PLEASE!!

When was the last time we were brilliant? Especially at home? Last season probably...

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Silva_Spell said:
Hart 1 - Nowt to do but still managed to fuck up everything
Zaba 5 - Completely disappeared as an attacking force
Clichy 7 - Decent game again
Kompany 6 - Meh
MDM 6 - Meh
Nasri 5 - Shoooooooot
Silva 6 - Not at his best but still never should have been subbed
Fernando 3 - Being played out of position but still shit. Giving the ball away twice in the 1st 10 mins summed him up
Dinho 6 - Ran about a lot but cowardly on the ball. Another failure to step it up in Yaya's absence
Dzeko 6 - Seen him play worse
Aguero 5 - One piece of brilliance in a game with no service

Navas 6 - Dangerous but same as usual really
Milner 7 - Brilliant free kick and plenty of effort
Jovetic 5 - Busy doing nowt

Pellegrini 10 - Superb management to lose/draw (same thing really) against Hull at home

Demichellis gifted them their goal. He was fucking crap.

£32m or more spent on Mangala and he can't even get in against hull at home.

The fact that Clichy was probably our best player sums up just how shit the rest were.

Hart once again running around his area was the main reason we conceded that Goal. The keeper is supposed to pull his team out of the shit when a defender drops a bollock, he can't do that if he is dashing around the box like a fucking lunatic, very very poor judgement once again by City's / Bluemoon's golden boy.

2nd place and MOAN MOAN MOAN.. i also pay £750 for season ticket a year but coming away from ground and on the train home the fans was in good spirits laughing it off as typical city.. Most on this thread are spoilt negative attitudes.. How can we complain at winnning it the last 2 of 3 years and just because we are 2nd its a PANIC just grow up and remember where we came from not to long ago !!!

Dear Yaya,

We've screwed up yet again against a struggling team.
Thanks for providing me with an excuse.

Love from Pellers.

PS Trixie, Pixie and the rest of the backroom staff will buy you a cake on your return.

That was utter shite. End of.
And while it wasn't as bad as the shit we watched while being relegated to the third division it was possibly the worst home performance we've been subjected to since having proper footballers at our disposal.
And had Nasri shot instead of fucking about late in the first half we might have had a couple more points to paper over the cracks.
Not good enough by a long way. And I bet it's cold in Stoke on Wednesday night.

Pelle doesn't have a clue from his comments to the press after the game.....and it wasn't a surprise that Yaya is in Africa nations and they signed a striker that was also gone for nearly a month.....we should have more playmakers than just Yaya....this is just poor management and lack of planning in the transfer window.....The fact that City are in a position where the season is won or lost on Yaya (a 31/32 year old that is coming to the end of his career in a couple of seasons without a replacement in the team) is just shocking.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-pellegrini-concedes-manchester-city-5123846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-5123846</a>

Manuel Pellegrini concedes Manchester City are missing important players after Hull setback

City needed a James Milner free-kick in stoppage time to secure a point at the Etihad Stadium but Chelsea are now seven points clear at the top of the league

Manuel Pellegrini admits Manchester City are missing their key players as the Blues slumped to a 1-1 draw against Hull on Saturday.

James Milner fired home a 92nd minute free-kick to claim a point for the title-chasers, but they now sit seven points behind leaders Chelsea.

To make matters worse, it is now five games without a win in all competitions for City, who have the prospect of Barcelona in the Champions League coming up later this month.

They currently have Yaya Toure and Wilfried Bony away on Africa Cup of Nations duty, while Sergio Aguero and Samir Nasri have not shown their true form since retuning from injuries recently.

Pellegrini told the BBC: "It is frustrating because I think the team worked a lot in the game and had good possession. We did all we could to win but we are not in high performance in the attacking zone.

We work and run but you need ideas when you play teams like Hull, Middlesbrough or Arsenal when they come with nine or 10 players behind the ball.

"Maybe players coming back from injury - important players will help. We need to try and find other ways to play. It is difficult to know what the reason is for the spark going.

"Every point you lose it is more difficult to recover. But in football you never know. We are not thinking about Chelsea. They are six points clear but can lose games. But we are thinking about our performance."

Before that crucial Champions League clash with Barcelona at the Etihad Stadium, City have a trip to Stoke before welcoming Newcastle to Manchester.

Coincidentally, both Stoke and Newcastle have already beaten City this season

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Eccles Blue said:
I can usually get over a defeat/draw within an hour of the match finishing but tonight I am finding it difficult. Come on City just get back to your normal brilliant play. PLEASE!!

When was the last time we were brilliant? Especially at home? Last season probably...

I know we are all frustrated and annoyed about today . I'm just hoping MP can somehow engineer a win from Wednesdays game . He has to pick the boys up from here. They certainly can't play any worse can they ? Surely not . One win that's all . One win will give everyone a huge boost . Got to fight for it .

Oh how we all laughed when poor old Bobby said pre season that he could guarantee that the Rags would finish above us this season !!!

Hands up all those who are still laughing (my arms incidentally are firmly by my sides whilst I hide behind the sofa).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.