Manchester City vs Hull City post match thread

Pezzer2 said:
What the hell has happened?

The last few years we have been spoilt in the amount of goals and games won on our own turf. It has been been nothing short of a fortress BUT now it has been busted well and truly. I cannot honesty think of a resounding victory at home this season apart from maybe Spurs.

In my opinion we need to go all guns blazing early doors against the teams who are happy to sit back. We need that early goal to draw the opposition on to us. (Then again that didn't really work against Burnley either)

The most worrying aspect for me is the body language and how so many of our players are out of form. Zabba, Komps, Silva and Aguero have been dependable for the last few seasons but all of them are well below par.

I don't want to seem like I'm pressing the panic button but a major haul is needed this summer from top to bottom. We will have to take a step back to move forward. Ill happily take top 3 finish now and build again for next season. Pellers is a good manager but not a great one, his tactics left a lot to be desired. Paying 2 similar defensive minded players against a low on confidence team at home is one of the strangest decisions so far. Milner had a great game last week and should be starting,( at least he offers some penetration going forward. ) FFP seems to reaping its rewards for Platini and co. We really need a couple of world class signings to kick us on again, we are miles behind europe's elite. If we don't act this summer I worry we might struggle to finish in the top 4 next season. Chelsea are not going away, Arsenal are looking a force again, Spurs and Liverpool have settled down and are looking dangerous, I'm not going to even go on about the rags.

I know where your coming from re FFP taking it's toll this season, but wth the squad we have, FFP has nothing to do with it in terms of some of the losses we have suffered this season. There is something a little deeper occuring, maybe Pellers is losing the dressing room - I dunno

mosssideblue said:
Marvin said:
urmston said:
The team looks like a bunch of automatons who come out and perform the same mechanical routine every time.
Don't waste your time moaning about City. They are not interested. We saw that today. Don't blame the manager. It's the players. They've got form for this, none more so than our so called Captain who has gone missing for the last month

I'll take a lot of flak for suggesting this, but I think Jimmy would make a better skipper.
The only problem is Vince is an automatic choice while Jimmy gets rotated too often.

Is it safe to come in yet?!

Slept on and still mightily pissed off.

What was the point of putting in the graft at Stamford Bridge only to put in that sort of performance a week later at home to a team in a relegation battle?

It was a carbon copy of the Stoke/Burnley games. Have we learnt nothing from these matches? We stroll around in first gear with an air of entitlement, only ever any urgency in the last 10 minutes. So easy to play against it's unreal.

Just rewatched the goal on MOTD and it's a joke - the whole passage of play from Aguero's header is utterly shambolic.

East Level 2 said:
blueste41 said:
gary dickinson said:
Easiest title Jose's will ever win, shocking again. What has gone wrong since Christmas. Apologies to Hull for equalising

Wo wo wo, slow down. Today was bad but it's Feb and we are only 7 points behind.
Yes and in 2012 we came back from 8 points behind to win the title. Didn't we?
And it's only 7 points so clearly winning the title won't be a problem. Will it? Well will it?
Don't any of you happy-clappy "only 7 points behind" fuckwits remember how we faded to finish 11 points behind the rags in 2013? We were probably around 7 or 8 points behind them at this stage two seasons ago, so where was the come back that season and what makes you so sure we'll recover this time round.
In the past six home games we've thrown away two-goal leads against Burnley and Sunderland, both in the bottom half, struggled past mid-table Championship Wednesday in the cup, lost to Arsenal, lost to Championship Boro and scraped a draw with bottom half Hull. If you can't see a problem with that sequence then you'll swallow all the shit the club can offer.
And don't give me this "look where we came from bollocks" we were shit and in the third division (for one season only) because we had shit players and a succession of shit managers. We currently have a crop of players (and manager) that won the league and League Cup last season and that makes our recent sequence of results much harder to comprehend or accept.

Make sure someone takes his belt and shoelaces off him. If you want to call people fuckwits, I find it beter if you don't behave like one

For me the season re-starts when we have both Yaya and Wilfried in the team line-up.

I really do hope Bony comes into the team and plays brilliantly immediately, 'cos we desperately need a striker to be firing on all cylinders right now.

A lot of pressure will be heaped on Bony's shoulders to rectify problems in the team that aren't of his making i.e. covering up our manager's ineptness.

All season last season I expressed doubts about Pelligrini, then on the final day when we beat West Ham and won the league again, I apologised for doubting him on this forum, well I think I would like to take that apology back, looks like my doubts about him were right all along, judging by what has been happening all season this season. He is passionless and clueless ala Mark Hughes mark II (plus he has wasted a lot of the club's precious money (due to FFP restrictions) on rubbish players, just like the original "Clueless").

East Level 2 said:
mosssideblue said:
Marvin said:
Don't waste your time moaning about City. They are not interested. We saw that today. Don't blame the manager. It's the players. They've got form for this, none more so than our so called Captain who has gone missing for the last month

I'll take a lot of flak for suggesting this, but I think Jimmy would make a better skipper.
The only problem is Vince is an automatic choice while Jimmy gets rotated too often.

And maybe that is the problem. Would take big balls to take the band off Vinnie, but I'm sure there are some managers who would consider it.

Vinnie and kun are about 2 weeks from being fully fit, throw bony and yaya back into the mix and add a little bit of luck then we'll be firing on all cylinders again, I got absolutely no worries about us, yep we're having a blip but so what, everybody else does and they turn it round.
Watch us go, we'll win the league this season, chelsea aren't all that, 7pts can be clawed back in the blink of an eye, my glass is half full folks..

Right, I've had my Sunday morning hr reading all the posts. Whilst I'm on the SC waiting list it's costing me over £100 per home game as well as 41/2 drive to watch and, driving in yesterday, I thought today I will be royally entertained and get vfm.

Our defensive display for their goal was something you could see on an old Keystone Cops B&W film (ask your dad if you need to),.
Early on, it was obvious that Samir was very rusty but I thought he improved significantly as the game went on.
Really concerned with Zab and Vinnie - not only them arguing with each other, but their form of late.
The two Fs were not needed in this game, If we are frightened of playing Hull at home that much, then maybe we should pack up now.
We must only coach the "pass it into the net" method of scoring, as the number of opportunities to shoot that were'nt taken beggers belief (Merlin take note).
Edin and Kun in my mind has never really worked, and if we are playing Edin as a target man, I wish he would put himself in the box and not go out to the wings to get the ball.
We lack the tempo that we had last season
When you look at the distance between corner flag and goals - what's the problem in getting the ball airborne for that distance
We need a captain who will lead. Vinnie needs to up his anti or pass the band on (Jimmy I would suggest)

All in all, a disappointing day from one of those "cert 3 point matches", but I will fill the car up next week, set off several hrs before kick off and think, today I am going to see the real City and get vfm

manimanc said:
Vinnie and kun are about 2 weeks from being fully fit, throw bony and yaya back into the mix and add a little bit of luck then we'll be firing on all cylinders again, I got absolutely no worries about us, yep we're having a blip but so what, everybody else does and they turn it round.
Watch us go, we'll win the league this season, chelsea aren't all that, 7pts can be clawed back in the blink of an eye, my glass is half full folks..

I'm with you, long way to go yet

We're just having the same issue we always have when Toure is at African nations, miss him big time and don't win much. MCFC need to consider his long term replacement and not be put off by a high transfer value (which shouldn't be an issue this summer!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.