Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Penner-Pool actually do win their last 14 league games to win the league, then fair play to them.

But they won't. Our big players are going to rise to the occasion again; we will win on Sunday.

We may win, we may get beat, but no matter what I just can’t see players like kompany, yaya, silva etc allowing their performance to be affected one jot by the fact it’s the Hillsborough memorial.
That’s how it will be spun should that happen but it will have nothing to do with it.
It may give Liverpool players an extra little bit of lift, but even so if we play to our capability then we should win.

wayne71 said:
stonie said:
So the dippers are bigging it up saying win it for the 96, well we've pissed on chips before at the swamp at the Munich anniversary so let's let's win it for the 39...

Heysel wasnt their fault.
Approximately one hour before the Juventus-Liverpool final was due to kick off, a large group of Liverpool fans breached a fence separating them from a "neutral area" which contained Juventus fans. The Juventus fans ran back on the terraces and away from the threat into a concrete retaining wall. Fans already seated near the wall were crushed; eventually the wall collapsed. Many people climbed over to safety, but many others died or were badly injured. The game was played despite the disaster in order to prevent further violence.[2]
Make of it what you will, I'd put it partly down to fan violence instigated by the Liverpool fans, partly down to stadium design.

The pressure's going to get cranked up progressively throughout the course of this week. I expect some nasty, regrettable things will get said before Sunday. From a cursory glance at RAWK some of their fans are incredulous at the levels of bile directed towards their club on this board, as are some on here in reverse, which misses the point really.

Football fans love a phony war. It makes you feel so much more alive than anything Corinthian. As long as it stays in those terms, then there's no harm in the banter either, even if it gets a little acerbic.

Whatever happens this season, expect the levels of hostility between City and Liverpool fans to remain high in the next few seasons, which is much more fun than everyone slapping each others' backs imo.

We both need someone to focus our negative energy on, now united are in the wilderness......

Eeez normal. Eeeez football.

stonie said:
So the dippers are bigging it up saying win it for the 96, well we've pissed on chips before at the swamp at the Munich anniversary so let's let's win it for the 39...

That is a bit strong for me.

It is a game of football , that is all.

We will pay our respects to the memory of that awful day and then off we go.

All I ask is for a strong and fair referee , no major controversial moments and that the best team wins the game.

Nothing more , nothing less.

I am guessing Suarez will ask for a pen about three times. We need a poll on that.

robbieg said:
It's interesting to hear what United want out of the game. Surely a draw and Chelsea to come from behind and sneak the title no?
Yet I'm reading that United will be routing for us? Why??

Because Chelsea won't go the distance. And we hate, HATE Liverpool and everything about them. I've never hated City, never will - and I know many United fans who feel the same.

For me the key point with this match is who needs what from the game.
Yes it's true that the title is in both ours and Liverpool's hands but the big difference is that if we both win all of our other games, Liverpool will also have to win this one. On the other hand, if we win the rest of our games, a draw here is enough.
This will play on Liverpool's mind and I think they'll feel the pressure of having to win the match.
Hopefully them opening up a bit will give us the breaks we need.
On paper the only difficult match after this is away at Everton.
Whatever anybody says about starting with Aguero, I know that if I was a scouser, I'd be a lot more concerned with him lining up against me than Dzeko or Negredo. He'll be desperate to outshine Suarez.
Can't wait for Sunday and I really hope our fans are respectful of the anniversary, I've no doubt they will be.

I genuinely can't get my head around this business of all the pressure for this game is off L/Pool and all heaped on us. Really? How so? We've already got silverware this season, they haven't. We've won the title already in the past couple of years, they haven't. If we don't win the premier league this season we may win it next, they won't because they'll have champions league to contend with. We can afford to to lose this game they can't. So how on earth are they going into this game without any pressure?

Said this prior to the derby at Old Trafford - I hope the game at Anfield is decided by football and not the officials. We can but hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.