Manchester City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali Benarbia said:
Liverpool are quick and too many of City's players aren't yet fit enough for 90 minutes, so I hope there's a heathy lead by half time. Aguero won't start, not if they've learned a lesson from last year when more than once he was brought back too soon, he'll do 20 minutes in the second half at most. Oh, and if the Stevie Gerard song gets sung too much you can bet he'll score. "Champions" will do.

ffs,they were over run by Southampton yesterday and were lucky to win..you do know Southampton lost 7 players and were gelling in..

Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandihno
Yaya
Fernando
Silva
Jovetic
Edin

Need pace at the back this match and mangala isnt some 17 year old kid! Better a debut at home than away

1074585_Manchester_City.jpg

Subs; Caballero, Clichy, Demichelis, Milner, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero

Would be tempted to put Milner in for Nasri. Tends to do well against the scouse

Hard to know what Rodgers will do but I can't see him throwing in the likes of Moreno, Can and Markovic. Guessing he'll go with something like

1075119_Liverpool.jpg

Love Demichelis these days but I really hope Mangala is ready. Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho are pacy feckers

MC ID said:
pikku said:
Going with three in the CM would be the safer option as we are likely to get overrun in the midfield.Liverpool have got very direct and pacy players upfront.

I was thinking the same, the sheer pace has made our matches much harder than they should be, a midfield 3 should go along way to stopping that.

I totally agree. My concern is MP doesn't seem to want to adjust the formation to suit and so I think he'll go 442 and we'll struggle.

Let them worry about us !

They were all over the place against Southampton and very lucky to get away with a win. The only thing to fear is fear itself and I don't think the players are anywhere near as nervous as the fans. Some of them have just held their own in the World Cup so I don't think Jordan Henderson and co are going to cause many sleepless nights.

Even if they get a surprise result, it's early doors and with their history of choking we can afford to ignore their premature title celebrations.

with skirtel and lovren in their defence , we need a more mobile attack , despite dzeko having a superb game against the geordies , I would start , jovetic and aguero up top , they will turn the mickeys defence inside out. HART - ZABS , KOMPS , MANGALA , KOLAROV - JIMMY , YAYA , FERNANDO , SILVA - JOVETIC , AGUERO , I will be setting up my candle stall opposite Mary D's so the victims can pick up a bargain. (ive also got some inflatable premiership trophies , they should go down a treat)

ElanJo said:
1074585_Manchester_City.jpg

Subs; Caballero, Clichy, Demichelis, Milner, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero

Would be tempted to put Milner in for Nasri. Tends to do well against the scouse

Hard to know what Rodgers will do but I can't see him throwing in the likes of Moreno, Can and Markovic. Guessing he'll go with something like

1075119_Liverpool.jpg

Love Demichelis these days but I really hope Mangala is ready. Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho are pacy feckers

Very strong City team your proposing matey but I think it's too big a debut for the Mangler to start. MD for an hr and then if we are comfortably ahead then introduce the MANGLER. More likely to start against Stoke IMO

Must win for me if we are to make an early statement of intent and the dippers should be more wary of coming to the Etihad than we are of hosting them. We have class in every department. Agreed, not yet firing on all cylinders but even on three we should still be too powerful.

And, as for not singing the Gerrard song - have paid £60 to join in loud and proud. After all, he's worth it!

3-1 City

Ref for Pool game

it's michael oliver so what is our record when he ref us or dippers??

Always shocks me to see so many line-ups without Nasri. Our best player at retaining possession and his link up with Yaya is usually the platforms we build attacks on be that a kolarov run, a silva through pass or a zaba overlap.

I bet Nasri's assist-before-assist stat is remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.