Manchester United (A) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan has been a MOTM candidate playing in that position for the last few games. The rags aren't going to be able to compete with us in midfield, so creative ability will be the most important attribute.
Here is a man who is thinking this through.

As Tolm says they're not going to park the bus . We would just get behind them too much and they'd be slated anyway by fans and media alike. So it's basically a high enough press that we will have to play through . It nearly worked for first 15 mins v Barca so we we must be on our game and if we play to our capabilities and don't lose our discipline then there will only be one result . Huge game-at times like these I'd just love the players to show the world what they can do. We saw it midweek . We will soon know . Bring it on.

Would keep Foden in the team , he offers something different , always looking to score a goal and his movement around the box is exceptional ,as for the rest of the team , we have a squad of brilliant players and which ever team Pep decides to play , they will be far too good for the Rags, looking at the Everton performance , Ole will be in damage limitation mode , he's got the keys to Mourinho's bus.

Really hope we score early and settle into it,and gradually break them down and dismantle them,so nervous already although confident at the same time if that’s possible.

As Tolm says they're not going to park the bus . We would just get behind them too much and they'd be slated anyway by fans and media alike. So it's basically a high enough press that we will have to play through . It nearly worked for first 15 mins v Barca so we we must be on our game and if we play to our capabilities and don't lose our discipline then there will only be one result . Huge game-at times like these I'd just love the players to show the world what they can do. We saw it midweek . We will soon know . Bring it on.
They cant high press for more than a few minutes as they couldn’t at Barca. They don't have the discipline or the energy. Sure Ive read today they have ran less than the opposition in all but 2 of Olle’s games. They will sit deep and try to break in behind. Similar to spurs really but not as good.

Vinny is a must and I’d like to see Otamendi alongside him with Laporte at left back for extra solidity. Walker’s form is good enough to keep his place. Fernandinho stops teams running out our defence. He sees danger early and deals with it. It is no coincidence that we tightened up after he came on yesterday. I’d put Berny in midfield doubling up down that side with Sterling further forward; Gundogan also in midfield with Sane down the left. David Silva is always there if we need to open doors and improve our possession. Sergio has a goal in him and his strength will be needed up top:

Ederson; Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte; Bernardo, Fernandinho, Gundogan; Sterling, Aguero, Sane

Vinny is a must and I’d like to see Otamendi alongside him with Laporte at left back for extra solidity. Walker’s form is good enough to keep his place. Fernandinho stops teams running out our defence. He sees danger early and deals with it. It is no coincidence that we tightened up after he came on yesterday. I’d put Berny in midfield doubling up down that side with Sterling further forward; Gundogan also in midfield with Sane down the left. David Silva is always there if we need to open doors and improve our possession. Sergio has a goal in him and his strength will be needed up top:

Ederson; Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte; Bernardo, Fernandinho, Gundogan; Sterling, Aguero, Sane
Agree about dinho,he is the best dm in the league by far

I don't think ive ever seen the rags 6/1 for a home game. How times change.

Can't see anything but a big win for us.

1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.