Manchester United (A) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be truly astonished if there were the "pride" reaction that some on here seem to be expecting, after today's absolute shambles from this lot. This is not one of the Ferguson teams that's just turned in a bad performance, and they don't have that man in the dressing room to put the fear of God into them. They've got Ole Gunnar Solskaer who, I suspect, inspires fear in no-one. People like Lukaku and Pogba know and care nothing about the “United way”.
I wasn't sure until what I saw on television this afternoon, but I'm having real difficulty seeing past anything but a win from us. If anything, I'm more wary of us taking our eye off the ball in “easy” games like Burnley and Leicester.
Sergio absolutely loves a derby, he doesn't need motivating. Tired as he may be, I'd set them on him, he could really savage them. I think Bernardo cannot not be picked, I'm afraid. He's just too brilliant, too essential. And I'd have Sané on the other side.

Pep says he will be out for a few games,we only have 5 left,we will next hear from pep on tues so we might get more news then

He guessed that but in the same breath admitted he had neither talked to KDB or the doctors. We have no further news other than it apparently isnt ligament damage

Would keep Foden in the team , he offers something different , always looking to score a goal and his movement around the box is exceptional ,as for the rest of the team , we have a squad of brilliant players and which ever team Pep decides to play , they will be far too good for the Rags, looking at the Everton performance , Ole will be in damage limitation mode , he's got the keys to Mourinho's bus.
But why make an exception for Foden though? If you are gonna go all in with Pep, then go all in my man :p

To any of our resident United fans/lurkers, what team do you think you’ll put out on Wednesday? I’m guessing something like this, but could be miles off...

De Gea
Young
Lindelof
Smalling
Shaw
Matic
McTominay
Pogba
Lingard
Sanchez
Rashford

No messing around, we need fresh legs and rags look tired - Sane can play havoc if Pep overcomes his problem with him

Ederson
Danilo komp Laporte Mendy ( 3 fresh defenders at the back)
Fern ( will provide stability )
Silva Bernie (creativity and control with Silva back after rest)
Sterling Kun Sane ( Sane's pace will do damage)
Thus supports a freshness argument. I just think Sterling, Bernado, Laporte and Gundogan have generally played so we'll the last 10 that none of them will be benched.

I think Gundogan should start, but I can understand the Freshness argument for benching him. If it gets a fresh Sane on the field I'm all for it

as long as we play our high intensity game from the off, it barely matters who plays, our squad is better than their first XI by a country mile
On the contrary, that's why it matters who plays. If they are fresh they can press.

So, Sane, Gabriel, Dihno, Silva Danilo, Mendy, Kompany. Plus out 3 best available players (Berny, Raz and Laporte) is probably our best bet at a consistent press.

Ederson
Walker Stones Kompany Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Sterling Bernardo Gündogan Sané
Agüero

3-0 City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.