Manchester Utd (A) Pre Match Thread

Manchester United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's more desperate than ever, and that's saying something. He knows that if they lose against us it's curtains.
He's also paranoid because he can't handle playing second fiddle to Pep though you think he would have got used to that by now.

But who? And when?
We are both certain he won't start with four forwards
I'm sure he will do it before we go a goal down and definately when we do.
In the first instance he would have to use a player on the pitch and in the latter, bring on Aguero/Jesus.

I'm sure we will find out before the seasons out
He may well start a game with 4 up front depending on the opponents and style of play to get the breakthrough then adjust the formation,or in the hammers game he replaced Danilo with Jesus then when we got the winner reversed it by taking off Aguero for Fernandinho.

Interesting discussion. At Bayern, Pep played sometimes with a very attacking 3-5-2 with wingers vs smaller sides. Like this:

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Alaba
Vidal Alonso Thiago
Robben Douglas Costa
Muller Lewandowski

I remember we lined up similar, but with 6 midfielders instead of 2 strikers vs Everton at home last season. Everton parked the bus big time, but it was one of our best performances of the season. It ended 1-1 with Stekelenburg having the game of his life, and 2 penalty misses from KDB and Aguero cost us the win.

Our problem last season was that we didnt have a good enough squad for us to be tactically flexible. Pep settled for the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 as the players were more comfortable with it, and the results became more stable. This season he tried to play 3-5-2 in the beginning but since Watford away he has again settled with the 4-3-3. Now that the squad has worked with Pep for longer, i believe we will see something similar at home vs a lower table side:

Ederson
Walker Stones Otamendi
KDB Dinho Silva
Sterling Sane
Jesus Aguero

I expect us to play 4-3-3 vs United though.

They'll be fouling us today hoping the referee will let them get away with their dirt. If a game of football is allowed to develop we will win convincingly. I hope the referee is fair and courteous to both sides.

Last edited:
Castles has been crying about this for weeks. So he’s feeding Mourinho eh?
Every football team on earth makes strategic fouls even my old Sunday league team.

Absolute nonsense from Rag Dunc yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.