Manchester v Liverpool

Always considered a manufactured rivally by the press and a set of mard arsed fans who seemed to think they are entitled to be on top so when scousers were dominant the rags started hating them, just like they suddenly hated arsenal, then chelsea

Never heard the ship canal myth until they started cleaning it up.

Liverpool is a decent city to visit and has a lot better range of old boozers now because Sir dickie loves tearing down old manchester for shite redevelopment aimed at the rich.

Saying that I I find the pretence that liverpool is some beacon of socially nieghbourly spirit and a bastion of the left tiresome and bollocks.

Had scouse mates and in the main not that different from us, I don't class liverpool fans in that as they are mainly woolybacks, everytime I go over and talk to the peole they are normally evertonians and sound.

Last edited:
Just wondering what people's opinions are about both cities? There is a lot of rivalry between us both and that is understandable due to how close we are to each other in location. Sometimes there is bad blood and this is what tends to get reported, though I know we also get along pretty well.

I am from Liverpool, I live there, work there, and was born there. I like my city. It has it bad spots like everywhere else, but since 2008 it has began to grow again. Not too sure about the glass towers that keep popping up alongside the river, but on the whole it is a nice city centre. We are certainly a lot more than The Beatles, though we are proud of them. I like Manchester, again a city that has regenerated in recent times. I I like Salford Quays, nice place to walk around. I have visited the city many times. I even had a Manchester girlfriend when I was younger. We went out for around 18 months. I like Manchester people, and I tend to end up mixing with them when I am on holiday, but I guess a lot of us do.

I think we have a lot in common, our port and docks and you factories and mills needed one another. the canals, ship canal, over 10% of those who died fighting for the British in WW1 came from the North west area, both suffered in the blitz, both have proud working class backgrounds, both have a history of fighting for what they believe in, the music scenes of both cities is pretty amazing, the M62, the banter, both have footy teams in red who think they are better than anyone else.

We have our bad things and idiot people as well, but I like both cities. Then again, I just like people and could not give two fecks where anyone is from. I only dislike evil people and idiots. I can even abide a few kopites and manure fans (Though I have my limits) Our cities have a lot of proud histories, we also have some bad history, and neither should be forgotten

I posted this after the Livarpool thread got a few slavery comments and thought it better to discuss those things elsewhere (here) and leave that thread for Kopite fun. Hope you don't mind me starting one here.

We all have our own opinions and are entitled to them. Just wondering what everyone thinks of each city? I know there are a few Scousers on here as well. I am all up for micky taking, hatred I will ignore.

I do waffle on sorry
Nowt wrong wi' the blue bits!

Had a scouse girlfriend for just shy of 3 years a few years ago and so would spend a lot of time there and a lot of time in the company of scousers and a few “woolies” from over the sea. obviously the accent and the lingo are vastly different but there’s many similarities between us. We’re far more alike than say cockneys who may as well be American.

I got along with her family/friends incredibly well and they absolutely loved me (at least to my face) just so long as football was kept out of the conversation. The second we began to talk football, it became hard to be around them. Being somebody that follows city home and away and is my biggest interest it was an easy ice breaker conversation for many of her friends and family to have with me and aside from a few of the older generation who you could talk football with the rest were Unbearable and this was a time when City were dominant and Liverpool hadn’t won anything recently yet they were still horrible.

I recall going to crystal palace away on New Year’s Eve a few seasons back, it was the game that ended our record breaking winning streak with Ederson saving a last minute pen to spare us defeat. I then made the mad dash back to Liverpool for a NYE party and had 3 individual people that night tell me with absolute certainty over and over how Liverpool would win the league that year because we finally drew a game, that was our centurion season and the gap to the top had never been higher at Christmas, that’s the level of shite they talk when football is the topic.

As for the city itself, it has its nice parts and it’s shit holes like we do. Their underground metro is very convenient. I quite like their city centre, smaller than manchester but easy to navigate, always had a good drinking session there, we tended to do day time drinking as opposed to night and the centre is fantastic for that before moving more locally. plenty of places to drink within a short distance in Liverpool centre whereas manchester is probably more varied but a lot more spread out. Didn’t really come across much trouble either but that’s probably due to the times of day more than anything, given the way the atmosphere was turning by the time we often had enough around 11/12 I have little doubt the centre turns into a place to avoid into the early hours just as manchester has become.

Manchester is the clear better of the two places but I don’t have a lot of negatives to say about liverpool

They’ll always be a rivalry between the two places but if you take football out of it which is incredibly toxic, it’s mainly of a light hearted nature because we know we’re fairly similar.

Makes me laugh they go on about music and tourists flock to this great music city . Feel free to add / amend

liverpool

beatles , cilla black , Ken Dodd, the las , the farm and Gerry and the pacemakers

Manchester

smiths, stone roses , oasis , bee gees, take that, happy Monday’s , inspirals, the doves, sub sub, m people, charlatons , the fall, the blossoms , 808 state, simply red ( twats) , the verve , Ian brown , urban cookie collective ,badly drawn boy , k klass, everything everything , en-trance , buzzcocks , courteneers, hermens hermets , ting tings , high flying birds, elbow , new order , joy divisiosn , James , morrisey, David grey , Paul young , Crosby stiles and Nash , 10 CC, the hollies Etc etc
Crosby, Stills & Nash lol

You forgot Northside, Monaco, Electronic and The Other Two, Sweet Sensation, Swing Out Sister and The Freshies

Teardrop Explodes, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Mighty Wah, Deaf School, Flock Of Seagulls, OMD, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cook Da Books, The Wombats, The Zutons, The Christians, Space, The Coral, Big In Japan, The Lightning Seeds, Dead Or Alive, Cast, The Icicle Works, The Real Thing, Carcass, The Wild Swans, The Lotus Eaters, The Black Velvets, The Merseybeats, The Big Three, The Searchers, The Fourmost, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Lita Roza, Frankie Vaughan, Michael Holliday, Billy Fury, Etc etc

Sonia and Atomic Kitten..OK we apologise for them.

Plenty of talent from both cities, just enjoy
It's Immaterial

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.