Manchester v Liverpool

Used to be a pub called Top Cat Tavern round that time, near where football musuem is now iirc...that has long gone was also a Top Cat club which again iirc was a basement place round Stevenson Square. Dont know what happened to the club, this was pre NQ when I remember it.

Yes it was in a basement. I went a few times.

Used to go to every City away at Goodison. Mate is a Toffee, and had to sit in the home end with him. Few of the lads knew I was City and we used to have the banter. Can't imagine it being like that at Anfield.

Makes me laugh they go on about music and tourists flock to this great music city . Feel free to add / amend

liverpool

beatles , cilla black , Ken Dodd, the las , the farm and Gerry and the pacemakers

Manchester

smiths, stone roses , oasis , bee gees, take that, happy Monday’s , inspirals, the doves, sub sub, m people, charlatons , the fall, the blossoms , 808 state, simply red ( twats) , the verve , Ian brown , urban cookie collective ,badly drawn boy , k klass, everything everything , en-trance , buzzcocks , courteneers, hermens hermets , ting tings , high flying birds, elbow , new order , joy divisiosn , James , morrisey, David grey , Paul young , Crosby stiles and Nash , 10 CC, the hollies Etc etc

I worked in Liverpool for 8 years and it was the best office vibe I’d experienced before or since. By and large very genuinely welcoming people....proper dipper fans and evertonians too, some good football banter. Some of the women were hot hot hot, nearly got myself into deep water on more than one xmas doo...

Always found Liverpool to be less of a city and more of a series of towns with a small city centre with main bars/nightlife limited to concert square and a few decent places on hope street etc. Liverpool one area was a good investment, a few popular eateries around there too and I’ve always found it convenient to stay at the Hilton for the odd night out/shopping trip.

Manchester on the other hand has always felt larger and more varied in terms of nightlife with quite different types of night out depending where you are in the city (In my experience). in my youth we’d often start out in Fallowfield or Didsbury and slowly work our way into town.
There are less ‘ferals’ in Manchester, perhaps the large student population helps with that? I can’t say the same for Liverpool where there always seems to be scallies hanging about in most places....maybe because the nightlife seems more condensed in a smaller geography.

Liverpool has this notion that they look our for each other and that there is some form of scouse ‘community’...it’s not true of course, I just think they are more surreptitious when fucking each other over.

On the whole I think people from Liverpool are much like us. I’ve been to a few games at Anfield and Goodison, the former is much like Utd, full of tourists with many of the proper fans watching the games in the bars around the ground. Goodison on the other hand feels more real (excepting the shit view), but is probably more akin to Bolton or Blackburn these days than City.....sorry to say that but that club is in desperate need of investment...and I hope they get it.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh they go on about music and tourists flock to this great music city . Feel free to add / amend

liverpool

beatles , cilla black , Ken Dodd, the las , the farm and Gerry and the pacemakers

Manchester

smiths, stone roses , oasis , bee gees, take that, happy Monday’s , inspirals, the doves, sub sub, m people, charlatons , the fall, the blossoms , 808 state, simply red ( twats) , the verve , Ian brown , urban cookie collective ,badly drawn boy , k klass, everything everything , en-trance , buzzcocks , courteneers, hermens hermets , ting tings , high flying birds, elbow , new order , joy divisiosn , James , morrisey, David grey , Paul young , Crosby stiles and Nash , 10 CC, the hollies Etc etc

play fair- at least give atomic kitten, and sonia a mention.

liverpool

Manchester

Teardrop Explodes, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Mighty Wah, Deaf School, Flock Of Seagulls, OMD, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cook Da Books, The Wombats, The Zutons, The Christians, Space, The Coral, Big In Japan, The Lightning Seeds, Dead Or Alive, Cast, The Icicle Works, The Real Thing, Carcass, The Wild Swans, The Lotus Eaters, The Black Velvets, The Merseybeats, The Big Three, The Searchers, The Fourmost, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Lita Roza, Frankie Vaughan, Michael Holliday, Billy Fury, Etc etc

Sonia and Atomic Kitten..OK we apologise for them.

Plenty of talent from both cities, just enjoy

Teardrop Explodes, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Mighty Wah, Deaf School, Flock Of Seagulls, OMD, Echo and the Bunnymen, Cook Da Books, The Wombats, The Zutons, The Christians, Space, The Coral, Big In Japan, The Lightning Seeds, Dead Or Alive, Cast, The Icicle Works, The Cast, The Real Thing, Carcass, The Wild Swans, The Lotus Eaters, The Black Velvets, The Merseybeats, The Big Three, The Searchers, The Fourmost, The Swinging Blue Jeans, Lita Roza, Frankie Vaughan, Michael Holliday, Billy Fury, Etc etc

Sonia and Atomic Kitten..OK we apologise for them.

Plenty of talent from both cities, just enjoy

Some great bands there OMD , frankie goes to Hollywood, flock of seagulls Zutons but i still think wehave a few better .

the Christians were shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.