Manchester v Liverpool

You can't possibly be serious? I was in Budapest last summer for Hungary v Wales and a group of blokes from Liverpool on a stag do were surprised to see us there (had no idea Wales were in town.) They were absolutely sound making sure we were ok for drinks etc. We all formed a huge group and went out on the piss. Laughing all night.

When I was living in Manchester, I had several work colleagues from Liverpool and I genuinely liked them both. Ditto Tony in one of my locals. He's one of the warmest blokes I know.

I've found Geordies more difficult than Scousers. Leeds people too.
Yep absolutely serious. I’ve not liked a single one, and that’s genuinely said without any football bias. Met a few on holiday which have seemed ok to start with then turn into just people you’d wish would biodegrade in front of you.

100% not saying they’re the worst, or all scousers are this that or the other, but of all that I’ve met that come to mind right now, have been the same.

I have to do work in Leeds unfortunately and I’ve met many a top bloke or girl. Funny old world.

EDIT - just thought of one scouser, well he was from Chester but an Everton fan. He was a decent lad, albeit 15 years ago so he could be a **** now

I’ve been to Liverpool exactly twice, both times to watch Lancashire at Aigburth. Never been able to come up with any other reason to go there.
To be fair, it's a terrific waterfront. Albert Dock and the trip over to Birkenhead for the Space museum on the ferry is nice. I've been to the city a few times recently and it's definitely improving. The Terracotta Army exhibition they had at the World Museum/Walker Gallery was good.

I have to do work in Leeds unfortunately and I’ve met many a top bloke or girl. Funny old world.

Yet we had Leeds in the Cup a few years back and I saw quite a bit of trouble outside. I received looks and comments on the train up and then a group of teenagers gave me some verbal making my way to the ground. Think about the **** who ran on the pitch to attack Chris Kirkland. His family tried defending what he did.

I went up to Leeds to watch Hereford who are my second team of sorts. A Leeds fan threatened me in front of his teenage daughter. There are some complete cunts in West Yorkshire. "Yer gonner gert ferking werd in werring thert shert" (You're going to get weighed in wearing that shirt) so I told him my yellow Hereford top wasn't Galatasaray. Shut him up too.

I find too many people from there argumentative, confrontational, bad tempered. It's a one club city and it shows.

Had some cracking nights out in liverpool going back to the 90's and early 2000's. Cream back in the day, concert square, matthew street were all superb nights and never had any bother. The people have always been a good laugh and some of my oldest mates are scousers. In recent years i love what they have done on the docks with the arena, albert docks etc and the city centre for me is really nice.

Problem is football and as soon as any liverpool fan gets talking about it, thats it, you are better just turning around and walking away. They ruin the city for everyone.

The Scouse accent is interesting. It's part Irish, part Welsh and part Jamaican. These are the three immigrant groups that make up the community.

I keep meaning to sort out an overnight stay or day trip there to visit the docks and a few museums. I have only been to Liverpool for a few City away games.

As many have said, aside from Liverpool FC and their cult following, I've no issues with the city of Liverpool or the people from there. Most I've met are pretty funny and warm.

Most "rival noise" stems from both teams in red hating each other. I imagine there are rival links from when Manchester factories refused to be ripped off by Liverpool dock/customs charges and so built the Manchester Ship canal.

Football aside, Liverpool is a great city...

But can you please do something about that f*cking accent??

Like nails down a chalk board.
I said that earlier but it got me thinking. I'm not sure it's the accent in itself but the combination of an accent and a high pitch. I mean Joe Anderson, Ken Dodd - they're great. Cilla Black, Steve McManananaman - aaargh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.