Manchester v Liverpool

I don’t there is a better day/night out in Europe than Liverpool as a city break
And I’ve been to most major cities watching the blues

Haha just the once.

To be honest it was mostly about their early lives and where they met/hung out etc. and I couldn’t really give a shit.

I just want to listen to the music they recorded in the 2nd half of the band’s releases.
TBF it cannot be about their later lives because as soon as they got a bob or two they left the place. A bit like most of them really,

TBF it cannot be about their later lives because as soon as they got a bob or two they left the place. A bit like most of them really,
Exactly. The whole thing felt it was more about areas they’d been/lived/used in the city rather than the band themselves and the music.

It was like “here’s the first pub they met” etc.

I wasn’t interested, I wanted to know how they wrote the White Album and inspirations for songs etc. but it wasn’t that.

Mrs tried though bless her, I still enjoyed the weekend.

I don’t there is a better day/night out in Europe than Liverpool as a city break
And I’ve been to most major cities watching the blues

This is utter nonsense. It's not even in the top 5 in the UK! Nice place, but no where near as good for a day/night out when compared to other cities in Europe!

I've always got on with scousers whenver I've met them through work or on holidays. The residents of both cities have more in common than either would like to admit.

The cities themselves are quite different. The pigeons in Liverpool are huge, white and don't wait for you to throw a chip, they swoop in and grab em!

This is utter nonsense. It's not even in the top 5 in the UK! Nice place, but no where near as good for a day/night out when compared to other cities in Europe!
Its a personal preference, not nonsense. Be interested to see the top 5 UK cities that you'd put ahead of it for a day/night out and your reasons why.

Form my point of view I would never set foot in liverpool. Sorry to all the decent scousers, but LFC for me have tarnished liverpool in such a bad way I will never go there.
I know it's not a rational to avoid a city just because of one of its football teams but seeing how those fans behave towards the Manchester clubs I wouldnt feel safe even out with the missus.
Plus nowadays I know within an hour or so the horrible high pitch accent would really start to irritate me.
I know it's wrong and I always like listening to old scouse couple on gogglebox I thought he was great. Than again he was an Everton fan ;)

I have never felt nervous about being out and about in Manchester even with my very faint manc accent it's clear I havent lived here for over 50 years. In liverpool I would be worried about my southern manc accent.

We were thinking of visiting a few years ago as the missus wanted to see the caven and the Beatles stuff. After the coach attack she said she didnt want to go now, so we wont ever go to liverpool now.

For full disclosure Mrs Hef's step-dad is a scouser and a nice enough chap

As for the city of Liverpool itself. It screams of insecurity, they are always looking for validation. There are a few nice bars and shops around the water but nothing special. Manchester and it's surround areas are 100x better than Liverpool

Not by any reasonable measure can it be said that Liverpool is a better city than Manchester

Its a personal preference, not nonsense. Be interested to see the top 5 UK cities that you'd put ahead of it for a day/night out and your reasons why.

1 - London
2 - Manchester
3 - Glasgow
4 - Edinburgh
5 - Newcastle

All better days/nights out than Liverpool. More to do, better restaurants, better nightclubs/music venues etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.