Manchester v Liverpool

Oh, I’m in Liverpool on Friday. Any recommendations for a bar to watch the Europa League Final? I dress down so trainers friendly, please.

I am to old for drinking in the city centre now. Loads of bars though so you should have no trouble finding somewhere to watch the game.

1 - London
2 - Manchester
3 - Glasgow
4 - Edinburgh
5 - Newcastle

All better days/nights out than Liverpool. More to do, better restaurants, better nightclubs/music venues etc.
Lived in Manchester, Glasgow and London (for a short time) as well as Liverpool, and I’ve visited the other two fairly often. Personally I’d say only London has more going on.
Glasgow is definitely the closest to Liverpool in terms of character and places to eat and drink.
Each to their own though.

1 - London
2 - Manchester
3 - Glasgow
4 - Edinburgh
5 - Newcastle

All better days/nights out than Liverpool. More to do, better restaurants, better nightclubs/music venues etc.

I do believe you've missed out Cardiff? And that comes from a man far closer to Swansea.

London above Manchester for a night out? A drink in the West End is prohibitively expensive and too many places full of wankers in suits on after work drinks or tourists thinking London is the greatest place ever.

Form my point of view I would never set foot in liverpool. Sorry to all the decent scousers, but LFC for me have tarnished liverpool in such a bad way I will never go there.
I know it's not a rational to avoid a city just because of one of its football teams but seeing how those fans behave towards the Manchester clubs I wouldnt feel safe even out with the missus.
Plus nowadays I know within an hour or so the horrible high pitch accent would really start to irritate me.
I know it's wrong and I always like listening to old scouse couple on gogglebox I thought he was great. Than again he was an Everton fan ;)

I have never felt nervous about being out and about in Manchester even with my very faint manc accent it's clear I havent lived here for over 50 years. In liverpool I would be worried about my southern manc accent.

We were thinking of visiting a few years ago as the missus wanted to see the caven and the Beatles stuff. After the coach attack she said she didnt want to go now, so we wont ever go to liverpool now.
I wouldn't worry about your accent. A lot of Merseysiders sound just like northerners and there's plenty of people from around the country there, especially around Albert Dock. The trip on the Ship Canal is worth it - very interesting.

I'm not a clubber or pub-goer and reckon these are the places an accent might be an issue, but that's the same anywhere.

Both similar Cities, great architecture, loads of bars, restaurants and shopping facilities, Manchester seems to be more spread out and Liverpool more compact.

However, the residents are different, Mancunians are far more accepting and forward thinking, it is the financial capital of the north, which attracts investment from around the world, we have an international airport on our doorstep, and as a business centre we are miles ahead of Liverpool, and this is what grates the scousers.

They ( the red side ) make such a song and dance about football coz they have nothing else in their shallow lives, their constant reference too Mancs is embarrassing, they are bitter and twisted and live in the past, hence all the mentions of history.

I ran a distribution centre there for 4 years, I met some decent ones who tended to be blues, but on the whole they have such an inferiority complex it hurts them, they think the world begins and ends in Liverpool, it's a nice city centre, but it's full of not rights.

they think the world begins and ends in Liverpool, it's a nice city centre, but it's full of not rights.

Now that I would agree with. I couldn't be bothered to argue with him but the Scouser who befriended us in Budapest was all "Liverpool's such a great place. You won't get any trouble there. Everybody's dead friendly." Did the murders of Jamie Bulger, Rhys Jones and Anthony Walker not happen? The City bus attack? Harry Enfield's The Scousers wouldn't work with any other British stereotype aside from Liverpudlians.

I'm an insanely proud Welshman but I knew some complete cunts growing up. There's some scum at Cardiff City too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.