Mancini - Balotelli

Clichy is the 2nd best bargain of the post-takeover era after Kompany. Has been a great signing and has a claim to being the best defensive left-back in the league (certainly not the best attacking left-back). Not sure why anyone would call him a bad/average signing, he is our best left-back in years.

They both havent had more than 3 good games for us how can it be harsh
Kun Aguero said:
col40 said:
Some people have blue glasses

Mancini has lost it for us no ifs or buts, its his player he hjas brought to the club for big money that has cost us.

Hart Kompany Zabaletta Lescott De jong Richards all before him have done very well

His players are a joke

Dzeko Balotelli Augero Johnson Kolarov Nasri Clichy all a joke

Wake up and see it for what it is he has to go Mancini

Really harsh on Nasri and Clichy.

cleavers said:
didactic said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
untitled-19m0jba.gif

Nasty.

He went for the ball I dont get how people can be so malicious to their own player.

Slow motion makes everything look worse.
Put it away now, you're making yourself look like one, not for the first time.

Put what away? It was bad tackle but I do not think Mario goes out trying to hurt players its just he tries too hard. He seems to put so much pressure on himself it doesnt help when everything you do is deemed intentional.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 pm --<br /><br />
Johnsonontheleft said:
didactic said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
We all know the reason behind didactic's moronic blind defence of Balotelli. There is no point discussing it with him.

What is it?

It's because you both wear glove hats

Hahaha na I dont. I defend him because he is treated harshly. He doesnt help his cause sometimes but he gets it harder then most.

Will Balotelli be sold? Mancini: Probably- but I don't know

Mancini: Balotelli could be sold

Roberto Mancini says he will "probably'' sell Mario Balotelli this summer after the controversial striker was sent off in Manchester City's Premier League defeat at Arsenal that signalled a virtual end to their title challenge.

Mancini also appeared to suggest Balotelli would not play again for him this season, although the club later claimed he said that because he expected the Football Association to throw the book at the controversial 21-year-old.

Balotelli will serve a ban of at least three matches after his sending off in this Sunday's 1-0 defeat at the Emirates Stadium and Mancini seemed to call on the FA to take further action against his own player for a knee-high challenge on Alex Song that went unpunished.

Asked for how long he he could put up with Balotelli's antics, Mancini said: "I am finished. We have six games and he will not play in the next six games.''

Pushed further on whether he would try to sell Balotelli at the end of the season, Mancini replied: "Probably - but I don't know. It depends, because Balotelli is a fantastic player.

"I can continue to play with Mario on the pitch. Every time, we risk one sent off, like today. But he can score also in the last minute.''

Asked if the authorities should examine the incident with Song that referee Martin Atkinson and assistant Peter Kirkup took no action over, Mancini said "I hope so'' and admitted the striker deserved a lengthy ban.

Mancini insisted he kept Balotelli on the pitch because he did not see the tackle on Song until after the game and defended his decision not to substitute him even after he had been booked for another bad challenge on Bacary Sagna.

Mancini, who has known Balotelli since the forward was 17, added: "I love him as a guy, I love him as a player, because I know him. He's not a bad guy. He's a fantastic player.

"But, at this moment, I'm very sorry for him because he continues to lose his talent, his quality. I hope, for him, that he can understand that he's in a bad way for his future, and he can change his behaviour.''

Mancini had said before the game that if Manchester United were to beat QPR and his side lost at Arsenal the title race would be over, but after their 1-0 defeat at the Emirates the Italian said City will keep on fighting.

When asked if the championship was gone: "No, it's not mathematically (over), but it's clear now that it's very difficult. We have a game in three days and we will try to win. Never say never in football.

He added on Sky Sports: "In life until it's over you should do your best. In the end if we don't win it's probably because they (United) did better than us. It's clearly difficult (to lift the players) but we play in three days and this is good.

"We are a professional team, with professional players. It's important we start to win and finish the championship well.''

Arsenal had the better of the chances and hit the woodwork three times before Mikel Arteta's 87th-minute winner. The victory lifted Arsene Wenger's men up to third spot in the table, two points ahead of Spurs and five clear of Chelsea and Newcastle in fifth and sixth.

Arteta said: "I think we were the better team over the whole game, we had the most chances. We scored at the end and for us it's a massive game.

"It was so important, Chelsea won yesterday, Newcastle have been very consistent in the last few games, Tottenham are still in there and it's going to be a big fight from here to the end of the season, but we knew that today was one of the more difficult games for us.

"There was a lot to play for (for both teams). For them it was massive, because now it will be really tough for them to catch Man U and for us if we lost today we would have two teams two points behind us with six games to go. We are so happy.''
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1046627/man-city%27s-roberto-mancini:-mario-balotelli-could-be-sold?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... et&cc=5901</a>

member222 said:

really really nasty. Thank God the opponent had not fully planted his foot into the ground (he was able to lift it up just in time), or else his career might possibly be over at the moment. (I wish injury upon noone, that's just classless)
Wow. I was lucky enough that I had to spend some time with the family, so I haven't watched the game. Straight red. Should have been subbed for that.

didactic said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Make sure you get an adult to buy it for you.

*yawns*

Again what has this to do with Mario?

Nothing. But it has everything to do with a myopic Balotelli worshipper who can't see that he might just be wrong when faced with overwhelming opinions to the contrary.

You do know that the Earth is round, right?

Re: Will Balotelli be sold? Mancini: Probably- but I don't know

oh dear, you shouldn't say you will probably sell one of your players in a post match interview

didactic said:
Put what away? It was bad tackle but I do not think Mario goes out trying to hurt players its just he tries too hard. He seems to put so much pressure on himself it doesnt help when everything you do is deemed intentional.
I'm sure you'll work it out, you're wumming, nothing more nothing less, and if you seriously think he was "trying to hard" then you are one deluded idiot, in my opinion. It was potentially career ending as well you know, luckily for Mario it didn't end up that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.