Mancini blames Hart for defeat

Didsbury Dave said:
There's no doubt that's the case and I wouldn't expect anything different from a pro like LEscott. But there have been times recently he hasn't even made the squad, that's what I'm referring to.

For me this has got nothing to do with team selection. Mancini should be free to pick who he wants when he wants, that's his job. I think all the players respect that. The problem is the continual public battering of players by Mancini, and his incredibly volatile nature when things go tits up.

If I were Lescott, Hart, and Richards, I'd have absolutely no respect for Mancini for the things he's said after games this season.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Player vs manager - back the manager every time. We don't want a tail wagging the dog situation like Chelsea's got so if someone is stirring they can fuck off out of the club as far as I'm concerned.

If Mancini keeps selling players who he's pissed off to the point where they feel the need to go to the media then he'll have a dressing room of 1. The problem lies with him and not with the players and it's disgraceful that he continues to pick public battles with his squad. The guy just never learns. He's going to pay with his job though.
I thought it was a dressing room battle that the player made public?

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Player vs manager - back the manager every time. We don't want a tail wagging the dog situation like Chelsea's got so if someone is stirring they can fuck off out of the club as far as I'm concerned.

If Mancini keeps selling players who he's pissed off to the point where they feel the need to go to the media then he'll have a dressing room of 1. The problem lies with him and not with the players and it's disgraceful that he continues to pick public battles with his squad. The guy just never learns. He's going to pay with his job though.

Why don't you tell me your opinion rather than just picking holes in mine.

I knew we were headed here the moment Mancini said after Ajax "yes, it's my fault Lescott didn't jump". Managers who make comments like that regularly, in my opinion, end up losing the respect of their entire squad.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch
Mancini rebuked Hart after the derby, blaming him for not setting up the wall properly in a furious attack that "shocked" players. [Times]

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes
Mancini's relationship with squad under fresh strain after antagonising senior players with Hart attack <a class="postlink" href="http://thetim.es/UQmilS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thetim.es/UQmilS</a> (£)

I think, Mancini sacked soon or summer. Players v Manager game, always manager sacked.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:

Like I said in another post he's apparently lost the dressing room so many times now I'm inclined not to believe every bit of gossip that suggests he's done so again.

If players need to go to the media, they can start planning their next club as far as I'm concerned, and thats whether the manager stays or not.

Noone has suggested he's "lost the dressing room". But the weekend's leak illustrates fairly clearly that he's pissed a few of them off. And even his hardiest supporter will acknowledge it would be far from the first time. If he's doing that and we are top of the league and flying, then players are going to keep their heads down and just mutter in private. But if results suddenly go awry, the rumour mill starts up about his replacement, then the players can sometimes realise that they can give a little nudge. And they do.

They don't have to go out and not perform every week, but they can sneak a few things in the public domain which ramp up the pressure further. It's always happened and always will. Like it or not, in the modern game players have power.

But the fundamental point is simpler. To manage a group of well paid, headstrong professionals in any sport, you have to ultimately have them "On-side". They have to believe in you and trust you or you underperform as a unit. You don't have to be their best pal, far from it, but you have to have a communal level of respect.

cibaman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
The corrosive nature of Mancini's personality seems to be coming to the fore again this season. My personal opinion is that if he alienates Joe, Lescott, Milner, etc then he's finished at the club.

There have been reasons why all three would be pissed off with him recently. I've a hunch Lescott has had a bust up with him too as he appears to be getting the same cold shoulder we've seen others get when they've stepped out of line.

If we slip away further in the title race I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see more stories. Players know they can play their part and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the start of it.

The biggest concern is if performances on the pitch slip.

I have a hunch that Lescott isnt happy because Nastasic is deservedly being picked ahead of him, and doesn't look like losing his place.

I think so too.

If I was Lescott I would be pissef that 19 year old is before you even though last season you were great but can't fo much a Nastastic is better abd worthy of his place too. But must kill him to see this happening really it natural but Mancini is right but I swear no other manager would do this really takes balls really to be prepared to upset people like that and that Mancini for you!

He just doesn't give a shit who he upsets and could be his undoing really in general in what he does. I pray the day he decides to change his man management it's very very poor tbh. Only thing I don't like about our manager other than that he is ace!

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:

Why don't you tell me your opinion rather than just picking holes in mine.

I knew we were headed here the moment Mancini said after Ajax "yes, it's my fault Lescott didn't jump". Managers who make comments like that regularly, in my opinion, end up losing the respect of their entire squad.
I thought it a pertinent point seeing as it was in the privacy of the dressing room where he had a go (rightly so) at Hart, who was beaten by a ball 2 feet to the left of where he started before moving to his left after removing Tevez. If he had lambasted Hart in public, then your point would have stood.

The second part is conjecture and is certainly not what I hear. I hear all respect him and a few don't like him. But all Mancini cares about is being respected and they do that.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/city-tensions-run-high-as-hart-bites-back-at-mancini-8399757.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 99757.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9735716/Roberto-Mancini-and-Joe-Hart-in-dressing-room-bust-up-after-Manchester-Citys-wall-malfunction-against-United.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html</a>

Mancini is melt down.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There's no doubt that's the case and I wouldn't expect anything different from a pro like LEscott. But there have been times recently he hasn't even made the squad, that's what I'm referring to.

For me this has got nothing to do with team selection. Mancini should be free to pick who he wants when he wants, that's his job. I think all the players respect that. The problem is the continual public battering of players by Mancini, and his incredibly volatile nature when things go tits up.

If I were Lescott, Hart, and Richards, I'd have absolutely no respect for Mancini for the things he's said after games this season.

I'm with you 100% Billy. I fucking hate it. I don't think there should ever be a time when a manager publicly criticises a player. Keep that shit in house. Say what you want behind closed doors but don't go berating players in front of the media. It achieves nothing, especially when it's a player who has given you 100% wekk in week out. It also alienates the rest of his team mates.

moomba said:
BillyShears said:

Like I said in another post he's apparently lost the dressing room so many times now I'm inclined not to believe every bit of gossip that suggests he's done so again.

If players need to go to the media, they can start planning their next club as far as I'm concerned, and thats whether the manager stays or not.

Jamie Carragher's old quote has been repeated in the press again today:

"Lost the dressing room? I've never known a manager who really "had" the dressing room"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.