Mancini blames Hart for defeat

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The ends have justified the means so far overall, but the point about that combatitive approach is that it leaves you wide open as soon as things start to go wrong. Players can and do get managers the sack.

Only if you have a board that gives players that power. Chelsea does, and it's to the detriment of their club. We could have headed that way a few times since the takeover and the board have been pretty consistent in backing the manager against malcontents.

And as far as I'm concerned players that get managers the sack aren't the type of people we need at the club.

It's a niaive and overly simplistic point of view, mate.

Once your senior pros turn against the manager there's no way back if the results aren't there.

Didsbury Dave said:

Once your senior pros turn against the manager there's no way back if the results aren't there.

Maybe, but having players under performing and not facing any consequences as it's "all the managers" fault is a surefire way of becoming the new Chelsea. Only a matter of time before they under perform again cause they know it's an easy way of getting rid of the next manager.

Personally I think our players have proven that whether they like Mancini or not they are professional enough to get their job done.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The ends have justified the means so far overall, but the point about that combatitive approach is that it leaves you wide open as soon as things start to go wrong. Players can and do get managers the sack.

Only if you have a board that gives players that power. Chelsea does, and it's to the detriment of their club. We could have headed that way a few times since the takeover and the board have been pretty consistent in backing the manager against malcontents.

And as far as I'm concerned players that get managers the sack aren't the type of people we need at the club.

Liverpool with Hodgson
Chelsea with numerous
Real doing it now with Jose

Your spine make your team and you win with them and lose without them. The drop in form of all our spine and the favoured attiutude to one player when another is hated does no favours.

We needed every penny from Ade sale and our position of sale would been better if Mancini played along, instead 'it was finished' and that made our position weak and our hand was forced and we lost out.

I noticed how Ade shook hands with our team before kickoff v Spurs and I do wonder if our players think he was harshly treated whereas Balotelli gets many chances. Things like that count imo.

Mancini was only one who fucked up. Tevez should've started and Nasri brought off. Instead our keeper gets the blame for a poorly defended wall. You really couldn't make it up. If this is true I'd also look back to Real v City where he mouthed at Hart again. The same Hart who saved us v Dortmund ffs.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There's no doubt that's the case and I wouldn't expect anything different from a pro like LEscott. But there have been times recently he hasn't even made the squad, that's what I'm referring to.

For me this has got nothing to do with team selection. Mancini should be free to pick who he wants when he wants, that's his job. I think all the players respect that. The problem is the continual public battering of players by Mancini, and his incredibly volatile nature when things go tits up.

If I were Lescott, Hart, and Richards, I'd have absolutely no respect for Mancini for the things he's said after games this season.

I'm with you 100% Billy. I fucking hate it. I don't think there should ever be a time when a manager publicly criticises a player. Keep that shit in house. Say what you want behind closed doors but don't go berating players in front of the media. It achieves nothing, especially when it's a player who has given you 100% wekk in week out. It also alienates the rest of his team mates.

Contrast Mourinho. In all his time at Chelsea, not once did I hear him saying that his players were anything other than magnificent. No matter what the result or the performance, in public he always praised them. And in return, they would walk through fire for him.

The cookie monster said:
WNRH said:
I hope he did, was at fault for the last goal and could have done better with the first.
You mean he was at fault because of the deflection
Behave.

The keeper controls the wall, he places it, he fucked up...........

Nasri is a fanny also

By the way, I am 49 and could be fitter, I could have saved that first goal FFS

Joe needs to stop believing the hype

Didsbury Dave said:

For whatever reason, the pressure at Inter Milan was too much for him and he lost the dressing before he was sacked. Even his players from that season have said they won the title despite him rather than because of him. His history of fall outs and his combustible nature are a matter of public domain. It will always hold him back and stop him from elevating himself to the level of people like Mourinho. He simply lacks the subtlety and emotional intelligence to understand no-one in that dressing room gives less than a fuck about how good a player he thought he was. That's his weakness, and from that stems this constant need to belittle his players, whether it be publicly or privately.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Maybe, but having players under performing and not facing any consequences as it's "all the managers" fault is a surefire way of becoming the new Chelsea. Only a matter of time before they under perform again cause they know it's an easy way of getting rid of the next manager.

If the players underperform collectively occasionally, well that's football.

If the players underperform collectively regularly, then any manager in the game will acknowledge that it's his own responsibility alone.

Chippy_boy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
For me this has got nothing to do with team selection. Mancini should be free to pick who he wants when he wants, that's his job. I think all the players respect that. The problem is the continual public battering of players by Mancini, and his incredibly volatile nature when things go tits up.

If I were Lescott, Hart, and Richards, I'd have absolutely no respect for Mancini for the things he's said after games this season.

I'm with you 100% Billy. I fucking hate it. I don't think there should ever be a time when a manager publicly criticises a player. Keep that shit in house. Say what you want behind closed doors but don't go berating players in front of the media. It achieves nothing, especially when it's a player who has given you 100% wekk in week out. It also alienates the rest of his team mates.

Contrast Mourinho. In all his time at Chelsea, not once did I hear him saying that his players were anything other than magnificent. No matter what the result or the performance, in public he always praised them. And in return, they would walk through fire for him.

Until the point they revolted and got him sacked.

Didsbury Dave said:
If the players underperform collectively occasionally, well that's football.

If the players underperform collectively regularly, then any manager in the game will acknowledge that it's his own responsibility alone.

I disagree. Not saying the the manager won't carry the can for the collective under performance, but no player should be allowed to play at less than his best and blame it all on the manager.

It's a cop out and it will lead to problems.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Maybe, but having players under performing and not facing any consequences as it's "all the managers" fault is a surefire way of becoming the new Chelsea.

We aren't Chelsea and nor are we likely to ever be. You speak of Chelsea in a bad way too, do you know who is holder of Fa cup and CL? The same club thats signed Oscar, Hazard etc in summer and chasing down the most prolific striker in football. Chelsea are massive and don't you be fooled otherwise.

If Mancini is replaced by say Pep I think Pep will be trusted for years and years. He will gel team to a more attacking unit and have academy playing uniform to senior team and we'll see the likes of Pozo, Suarez etc all playing a certain way. At the moment our senior team change formation once or twice during a game and we have no style of play and we aren't even winning all that much.

People need to sometimes embrace chnage instead of being scared by it. It reminds me of that old man who queues outside the bank for it to open so he can withdraw from the cashier even though an atm is right beside him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.