Mancini blames Hart for defeat

If we win a game and perform well, the players are praised.

If we lose a game and perform well, the manager is slated.

If we lose a game and play badly, people want to sack the manager.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tiresomely predictable.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If the players underperform collectively occasionally, well that's football.

If the players underperform collectively regularly, then any manager in the game will acknowledge that it's his own responsibility alone.

I disagree. Not saying the the manager won't carry the can for the collective under performance, but no player should be allowed to play at less than his best and blame it all on the manager.

It's a cop out and it will lead to problems.

I can't stop you believing anything mate, but you are disagreeing with something which all 92 managers in the entire football league would agree with.

NipHolmes said:
We aren't Chelsea and nor are we likely to ever be. You speak of Chelsea in a bad way too, do you know who is holder of Fa cup and CL? The same club thats signed Oscar, Hazard etc in summer and chasing down the most prolific striker in football. Chelsea are massive and don't you be fooled otherwise.

Chelsea are a big club and they are going about things the wrong way IMO.

People need to sometimes embrace chnage instead of being scared by it. It reminds me of that old man who queues outside the bank for it to open so he can withdraw from the cashier even though an atm is right beside him.

Change for the sake of it shouldn't be embraced. And demanding change while we're still in with a shout of a second successive league title is change for the sake of it IMO. Not afraid of change by any means, but there is a time and a place.

As for the old man, maybe he likes a chat with the bank staff.

WNRH said:
Chippy_boy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm with you 100% Billy. I fucking hate it. I don't think there should ever be a time when a manager publicly criticises a player. Keep that shit in house. Say what you want behind closed doors but don't go berating players in front of the media. It achieves nothing, especially when it's a player who has given you 100% wekk in week out. It also alienates the rest of his team mates.

Contrast Mourinho. In all his time at Chelsea, not once did I hear him saying that his players were anything other than magnificent. No matter what the result or the performance, in public he always praised them. And in return, they would walk through fire for him.

Until the point they revolted and got him sacked.

Terry was the one that got him sacked, read Makeleles book.

He fell out with Jose and Terry went bitching to Roman. Looking back don't you think Roman regrets it? Paying compo to imo the worlds best manager who then wins treble at Inter. Meanwhile his captain is caught having affairs, blowing fortunes gambling and caught up in racist slurs. Terry is at fault for most manager sackings and undermines authority. A law to himself. Luckily for him he's a great defender, if he was say Luiz he'd be hung from the rafters.

Do you want a manager to manage, or a manager to tie his players shoelaces and pat them on the head?

There's really nothing to say on the latest "revelations" as these allegations have been made a thousand times.

This is the phoney war. It's rumoured the real thing may start as soon as the 15th December

Didsbury Dave said:
I can't stop you believing anything mate, but you are disagreeing with something which all 92 managers in the entire football league would agree with.

I doubt that.

Chippy_boy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
For me this has got nothing to do with team selection. Mancini should be free to pick who he wants when he wants, that's his job. I think all the players respect that. The problem is the continual public battering of players by Mancini, and his incredibly volatile nature when things go tits up.

If I were Lescott, Hart, and Richards, I'd have absolutely no respect for Mancini for the things he's said after games this season.

I'm with you 100% Billy. I fucking hate it. I don't think there should ever be a time when a manager publicly criticises a player. Keep that shit in house. Say what you want behind closed doors but don't go berating players in front of the media. It achieves nothing, especially when it's a player who has given you 100% wekk in week out. It also alienates the rest of his team mates.

Contrast Mourinho. In all his time at Chelsea, not once did I hear him saying that his players were anything other than magnificent. No matter what the result or the performance, in public he always praised them. And in return, they would walk through fire for him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.terra.com/soccer/sergio-ramos-provokes-mourinho-by-wearing-ozils-jersey,02a89c1cef12a310VgnVCM4000009bcceb0aRCRD.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.terra.com/soccer/sergio-r ... aRCRD.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=67839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?actio ... dsel=67839</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6220849.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 220849.stm</a>

That took me less than a minute to fine, Saint Jose...............

Damocles said:
If we win a game and perform well, the players are praised.

If we lose a game and perform well, the manager is slated.

If we lose a game and play badly, people want to sack the manager.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tiresomely predictable.

We have been winning less and scrape wins. We have Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Mario, Silva, Nasri and Yaya yet struggle to beat teams. It's not liek we have Arsenals frontline is it or Spurs single couple of strikers, we have a frontline other teams would love to have yet we don't make teh most of them and nor are we looking like we will get the most out them.

We lose to teams we should be beating with the team we have. Champions who scraped a draw at West Ham and should've lost and a team that lost and drew with Ajax who were whipping boys.

It wouldn't be funny if so many were blind and chastised others for worrying about a club we all love. It's predictable to have the York away mob blindly arguing points just for sake of it even though counter arguements are usually stronger and more concise than opposing views.

I want Mancini to succeed but for goodness sakes people need to stop blindly protecting and hating on others. We are below par, we look like we need a lift to boost form. If our form doesn't improve then, well the writings on the wall.

I think only a few managers get a certain 'grace' when it comes to their obvious deficiencies, the belief, that talent will out, etc.

They tend to be man-managers, which of course, is not Mancini's style.

However, look at the issues Mourinho also has at Real, with the likes of Ramos and Casillas.

I would say big players always hold the power, essentially, because they have a bigger monetary value.

We may not be run like Chelsea, but there are striking similarities for me between the two squads, what has gone on in previous years.

Big players want their voices heard and can undermine the manager in the simplest of ways, either by not playing to the max, or leaking peripheral crap from the dressing room.

NipHolmes said:
WNRH said:
Chippy_boy said:

Until the point they revolted and got him sacked.

Terry was the one that got him sacked, read Makeleles book.

He fell out with Jose and Terry went bitching to Roman. Looking back don't you think Roman regrets it? Paying compo to imo the worlds best manager who then wins treble at Inter. Meanwhile his captain is caught having affairs, blowing fortunes gambling and caught up in racist slurs. Terry is at fault for most manager sackings and undermines authority. A law to himself. Luckily for him he's a great defender, if he was say Luiz he'd be hung from the rafters.
Was a great defender

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.