Mancini blames Hart for defeat

sjk2008 said:
The only thing that is wrong is that some **** has leaked it.

The point is that these stories have been a constant since Mancini came in. Not sure how that is a good thing for a club, any club. You can keep throwing out players who you don't trust, but eventually the owners still start wondering whether you're the problem.

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
The only thing that is wrong is that some **** has leaked it.

The point is that these stories have been a constant since Mancini came in. Not sure how that is a good thing for a club, any club. You can keep throwing out players who you don't trust, but eventually the owners still start wondering whether you're the problem.

What do you mean by 'throwing out players'?

sjk2008 said:

The theory goes if you have players leaking stories from the dressing room - you get rid of them.

Skashion said:
sjk2008 said:
Stevie Ireland.

It's essential to have a team you can trust. You can't judge a persons character from YouTube, it's only when you're managing and the chips are down that you can see a person's true character. Unless you have a rigorous selection process that includes a bootcamp of some kind. We have this luxury with the academy but not when bringing in players to the first team squad.

For the first team you need to weed out the undesirables and set a standard expected of everyone. Mancini does this through word and deed. Players who he doesn't think fit the mould are sold/loaned/left out of the squad.

The crime here as has been said already is the leak. If there is a leak. It could just be made up.

I am sure he would have had a go at a few of the players after the game.

Nothing new about that at our club or any club for that matter.

It's whether the players respond positively on Saturday that's important and all that matters.

sjk2008 said:
And since you've said "You can't keep throwing out players", who exactly has he "thrown out"?

It's not a question of who, and I'm not trying to say Mancini sold players he shouldn't have because that's absolutely not the case. It is fundamental that a manager has the freedom to shape his squad however he sees fit.

My point is simply that when Mancini came in, a lot was made on this forum about how the dressing room needed to be cleansed of players who were leaking stories about unrest in the dressing room. I believe that at different times Adebayor, Bellamy, and Bridge, were all singled out as being "cancers".

What should be of concern to all supporters is that three years after Mancini first took over, there are still the same stories being leaked. As I alluded to earlier, it's hard to have much sympathy with Mancini when he's had carte blanche to reshape his squad and bring in personalities which he can work with, and yet still his attitude leads to unhappy players leaking the same type of stories.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Stevie Ireland.

I suspected it would be one of your ilk who'd refer to Stevie. Bravo for reinforcing my opinion of you.

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
And since you've said "You can't keep throwing out players", who exactly has he "thrown out"?

It's not a question of who, and I'm not trying to say Mancini sold players he shouldn't have because that's absolutely not the case. It is fundamental that a manager has the freedom to shape his squad however he sees fit.

My point is simply that when Mancini came in, a lot was made on this forum about how the dressing room needed to be cleansed of players who were leaking stories about unrest in the dressing room. I believe that at different times Adebayor, Bellamy, and Bridge, were all singled out as being "cancers".

What should be of concern to all supporters is that three years after Mancini first took over, there are still the same stories being leaked. As I alluded to earlier, it's hard to have much sympathy with Mancini when he's had carte blanche to reshape his squad and bring in personalities which he can work with, and yet still his attitude leads to unhappy players leaking the same type of stories.

I certainly agree with you final paragraph. As for Ade, Bellamy & Bridge, I'm more inclined to believe they simply weren't in his plans for footballing reasons as opposed to personality clash reasons.

Fergie got rid of Beckham, Stam & Ruud because of differences other than purely football based and noone campaigned for him to be outed.

I guess I'll only start believing he has completely lost the dressing room when the performances really start to dry up. 1 defeat in the league all season so far says to me he still has them on board at the moment. A couple more defeats in the next few weeks perhaps and my opinion might change.

sjk2008 said:
I guess I'll only start believing he has completely lost the dressing room when the performances really start to dry up. 1 defeat in the league all season so far says to me he still has them on board at the moment. A couple more defeats in the next few weeks perhaps and my opinion might change.

I'm not saying he's lost the dressing room at all. Not even close. I believe the nucleus of our squad have too much professional pride to ever down tools in the manner in which Chelsea did during Scolari and AVB's time there.

As I say, for me it's just the wider view that this has been going on for 3 years, it's fucking tedious, and if Mancini occasionally shut his mouth and didn't feed the press negativity about his players, maybe we'd see less stories like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.