Mancini blames Hart for defeat

Not read much of this thread but Mancini would be well within his rights to be absolutely incensed about the third Rag goal and the part that several City players had in it. Given what we think we know about Mancini, you expect him to blow his top. In terms of professional sports team management, I don't see that as a big issue in itself; so long as, the manager eventually takes time to review the match video calmly, assess it carefully and let the players know which ones he felt got it wrong and, if appropriate, which he doesn't.

BillyShears said:
sjk2008 said:
I guess I'll only start believing he has completely lost the dressing room when the performances really start to dry up. 1 defeat in the league all season so far says to me he still has them on board at the moment. A couple more defeats in the next few weeks perhaps and my opinion might change.

I'm not saying he's lost the dressing room at all. Not even close. I believe the nucleus of our squad have too much professional pride to ever down tools in the manner in which Chelsea did during Scolari and AVB's time there.

As I say, for me it's just the wider view that this has been going on for 3 years, it's fucking tedious, and if Mancini occasionally shut his mouth and didn't feed the press negativity about his players, maybe we'd see less stories like this.

But Mancini went mental at his players in the dressing room. Since some **** leaked it, where else is he safe to do so?

BillyShears said:
My point is simply that when Mancini came in, a lot was made on this forum about how the dressing room needed to be cleansed of players who were leaking stories about unrest in the dressing room. I believe that at different times Adebayor, Bellamy, and Bridge, were all singled out as being "cancers".p

I do think that if Ade, Bellamy and Bridge were able to contribute to the football side as someone like Tevez has they would have been indulged. They left the club because they weren't good enough for it (in Mancini's eyes).

What should be of concern to all supporters is that three years after Mancini first took over, there are still the same stories being leaked. As I alluded to earlier, it's hard to have much sympathy with Mancini when he's had carte blanche to reshape his squad and bring in personalities which he can work with, and yet still his attitude leads to unhappy players leaking the same type of stories.

I doubt there is a manager of a football club that doesn't have unhappy players in his squad.

moomba said:
I doubt there is a manager of a football club that doesn't have unhappy players in his squad.

What a spectacularly anodyne point. Thanks for trying to teach me how to suck eggs Moomba, but I'm doing just fine.

-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:18 pm --

sjk2008 said:
But Mancini went mental at his players in the dressing room. Since some **** leaked it, where else is he safe to do so?

Maybe, the players are tired of being publicly hung out to dry and are biting back.

EDIT:

Just to reinforce that point and what I'm saying. Ferguson's player could drop kick a referee and he'd defend that player to the ends of the earth. No doubt he'd then go into the dressing room and drop kick the player privately. It works because the players feel he's protecting them publicly which is important. If you feel your manager doesn't protect you in moments of self doubt or in moments of adversity, you're going to be far less inclined to protect him. Seems like simple human nature to me.

WNRH said:
The cookie monster said:
WNRH said:
I hope he did, was at fault for the last goal and could have done better with the first.
You mean he was at fault because of the deflection
Behave.

No he was at fault because he should have come out for the pass back and cleared it or told Clichy to clear it.

He needed to take command and didn't, caused confusion and panic which lead to the free kick.

He should have come out to help Clichy, although Clichy should have wellied it anywhere!

He should have had 4 in the wall as he started with.

He shouldn't have reduced it to 3.

He shouldn't have had a wimp in Nasri at the end of the wall.

He shouldn't have gone for a crucial last look toward the post as the ref blew for the taking of the kick.

He wasn't settled ready for the kick to come although it was ultimately deflected.

Yes it's fair to say Hart has saved us a lot, but that IS his job! Sadly at the Derby, generally he didn't do his job very well, but he wasn't alone in that IMO.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:

What a spectacularly anodyne point. Thanks for trying to teach me how to suck eggs Moomba, but I'm doing just fine.

Not teaching you how to suck eggs, but you've questioned why after getting rid of Ade, Bellamy and Bridge we still see examples of discontent in the squad.

Just pointing out that is the way things are in football. I made a comment earlier about people making this out to be a big issue because they want it to be a big issue. I do think that you are one that is making this out to be much more significant than it is.

-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm --

BillyShears said:
Just to reinforce that point and what I'm saying. Ferguson's player could drop kick a referee and he'd defend that player to the ends of the earth. No doubt he'd then go into the dressing room and drop kick the player privately. It works because the players feel he's protecting them publicly which is important. If you feel your manager doesn't protect you in moments of self doubt or in moments of adversity, you're going to be far less inclined to protect him. Seems like simple human nature to me.

Read his comments about Nani in the press after the Chelsea cup match.

moomba said:
Just pointing out that is the way things are in football.

And as I pointed out to you earlier, our club seems to be the only club in recent memory where so much private unhappiness becomes public, and it's inevitably to do with the manager's attitude.

Like I said, thanks for the anodyne post, but it was pointless and you wasted your time. Talk to me when you have something to say of interest, not when you want to spout the cliches you've been spouting for the last two days.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:

Nani's on the transfer list. He could give a fuck.

BillyShears said:
moomba said:
Just pointing out that is the way things are in football.

And as I pointed out to you earlier, our club seems to be the only club in recent memory where so much private unhappiness becomes public, and it's inevitably to do with the manager's attitude.

Like I said, thanks for the anodyne post, but it was pointless and you wasted your time. Talk to me when you have something to say of interest, not when you want to spout the cliches you've been spouting for the last two days.

LOL.

moomba said:

Nani's on the transfer list. He could give a fuck.

Read his comments about Nani last year, or the whole defence after the Reading game.

moomba said:
Read his comments about Nani last year, or the whole defence after the Reading game.

Do your own research on how many times Mancini has publicly criticised a player. Then do your own research into how many times the club have had dressing room "leaks" since Mancini took charge. Then do the same for United. Then draw your own conclusions. Hopefully in the process you'll stop boring the life out of me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.