Mancini braced for another slow start....

Mancini still hasn't bought a ball playing central midfielder, Pivot, direttore. He will be braced for a slow start.

one thing i dont like about bobby is his negative comments in the media. He goes on about lack of transfers and now lack of preparation. Sorry bobby but its time to deliver, he has been given unlimited resources and should not be giving the boys an excuse cos at the end of the day the buck stops with him. Put up or shut up bobby! Managers all over the world would love his job and will do it with a big smile on their face.

Why is expectation a bad thing? We expected less when Corradi or Dabo came in a summer singings so actually anticipating some glory is a positive thing.[/quote]

Expectation in itself is no bad thing but how people use it can be. There are 8/9 posters on this board that over the past few weeks jump on every negative thread they can find and twist it into an anti-Mancini argument time and time again. It's funny really, those of us with a few brain cells will give it a few games before seeing how we are playing. In the meantime we should still have enough to beat the likes of Swansea at home.

jay_mcfc said:
It's funny really, those of us with a few brain cells will give it a few games before seeing how we are playing. In the meantime we should still have enough to beat the likes of Swansea at home.
Which I'm more than willing to do. But by merely suggesting anything other than a win is, IMO, not acceptable against Swansea, I've been called all sorts (since the fixtures came out).

I'd take a 1-0, with competent defending and a few nice attacking moves from us.

Bluemoon115 said:
Which I'm more than willing to do. But by merely suggesting anything other than a win is, IMO, not acceptable against Swansea, I've been called all sorts (since the fixtures came out).

I'd take a 1-0, with competent defending and a few nice attacking moves from us.

It's the attitude before a ball has even been kicked though. Expectations are obviously high but to talk like that when you have absolutely no idea of how the game is going to go or what is going to happen. I like confidence and I expect a lot this season but I'll gladly never be a fan who thinks we just have to turn up to win a game. I'll leave that to United fans.

jay_mcfc said:
Bluemoon115 said:

It's the attitude before a ball has even been kicked though. Expectations are obviously high but to talk like that when you have absolutely no idea of how the game is going to go or what is going to happen. I like confidence and I expect a lot this season but I'll gladly never be a fan who thinks we just have to turn up to win a game. I'll leave that to United fans.
I don't think they just have to turn up though, I think we'll have to work very hard. But we have a fantastic defence that should be able to deal with most teams this season. And we have enough attacking talent to get a goal in any game.

I actually didn't find Mancini's comments that bad tbh, my first post of the thread was tongue in cheek.

But I've been criticised for saying we should win. And apparently I'm the negative one.

We definately can't think that all we need too do is turn up too win. I know it was the Championship but Swansea tore many teams apart last year with quick free flowing football.

Whoever plays full back, i expect it too be Richards and Clichy, will have too be be fully switched on at all times. There gonna be getting the ball out wide too Sinclair and Dyer at every opportunity.

Bluemoon115 said:
I don't think they just have to turn up though, I think we'll have to work very hard. But we have a fantastic defence that should be able to deal with most teams this season. And we have enough attacking talent to get a goal in any game.

I actually didn't find Mancini's comments that bad tbh, my first post of the thread was tongue in cheek.

But I've been criticised for saying we should win. And apparently I'm the negative one.

I think all City fans think we should win but unfortunately there are a number of posters that have a very negative undertone to what they post.

You'd have thought Champions league and the FA Cup win would have people satisfied and ready to give the manager a proper chance but that's not the case. It's a real shame but I'm past giving a fuck, I'm going to enjoy the season and the ups and downs it will inevitably bring.

jay_mcfc said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I think all City fans think we should win but unfortunately there are a number of posters that have a very negative undertone to what they post.

You'd have thought Champions league and the FA Cup win would have people satisfied and ready to give the manager a proper chance but that's not the case. It's a real shame but I'm past giving a fuck, I'm going to enjoy the season and the ups and downs it will inevitably bring.
Fair enough. But I think this thread shows that there are also a (very small) number of posters who think he literally can do no wrong. And that rubs other people up the wrong way.

I know my "bet" with Bigga annoyed you yesterday, but rest assured, all my bets with real money are on City doing things. If we have a successful season, I'll be spending my exile in the Bahamas :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.