Mancini braced for another slow start....

I can't believe I'm reading anything like the OP. The PL is a marathon. You don't start a marathon running at 100mtr pace. Look at the rags they lost to Burnley opening game few seasons back but still won the title, Look at Chelski last season, went off like an express train and then hit the buffers meanwhile the rags were drawing with everything in sight but guess who are champions again. We will beat Swansea on Monday, it might not be pretty, a bit like the cup final even, but we will win. There will also be ups and downs but we will be there in the mix at the end and providing we don't get too many bad referee days we can be there or thereabouts.

Mancini is no fool, you don't win what he has if you are. He's still adapting to the PL for christs sake. It took even the "great" sir bacon 5 yrs to buy an FA Cup and longer to buy a PL title which he wouldn't have won without having the good fortune of the golden generation to help him. Mancini's first job is to make us an automatic top 3 so that the Liverpools, Arsenal's and any others are fighting for 4th. That might take 2/3 seasons more, we might win the title in those seasons but I for one won't be calling for his head if we don't.

We are in a position of footballing and financial strength that we never been in before and yes I was there in the Mercer/Alison days and I do believe we will surpass those days. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

It looks to me as if Mancini made a decision to tailor the training regime to ensure that we're strong over the course of the season, rather than sharp at the start. We clearly weren't firing on all cylinders last week.

Its obviously a gamble, we'll see whether its worked towards the end of the season.

I watched the highlights of most of the games yesterday (not always a accurate yardstick I know well) but all of the sides didnt look 'at it' yet. I wont be expecting us to play like we finished last season but a win is a must!

The marathon analogy is great and all, but I dont think anyone is expecting a 15-0 humping, 3 points is all that matters. We can be as 'slow out of the blocks' as Bob likes, long as we get the win.

Mr Jolly said:
danburge82 said:
jake28 said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/13/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-swansea

Sorry Roberto,no more excuses
"No more excuses"!?! What, was winning the FA Cup and finishing third in the Prem not good enough for you? I'll be extaric if we achieve this again this season. Mancini has many excuses to use up before I say "no more".

Extaric! My new favourite word courtesy of another bluemoon buffoon.
Crawl back in yer tool box fella, the spanners are missing you. I think your post says a lot more about you than mine does about me. I wouldn't ever be so cunty as to pick someone up on spelling! Deary me, get a life!

alera said:
They are the weakest of the promoted sides. The strongest of the promoted sides just got thrashed by Bolton at home.

It goes without saying that anything but a win would be a terrible result. We have to win all the banker games if we want to win the title.

will it fuck

stonerblue said:
alera said:
They are the weakest of the promoted sides. The strongest of the promoted sides just got thrashed by Bolton at home.

It goes without saying that anything but a win would be a terrible result. We have to win all the banker games if we want to win the title.

will it fuck
So you think a draw at home to Swansea is an acceptable result?<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:09 pm --<br /><br />
bluealf said:
Didnt the scum always start off slowly and then build throughout the season finishing like a train after xmas to win the title.
That's a good theory.

Shame they looked 5 times fitter than us in every department last week.

Bluemoon115 said:
stonerblue said:
alera said:

will it fuck
So you think a draw at home to Swansea is an acceptable result?

why not ? it can happen , wouldn be the first nor the last time its happen , its football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.