Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
iggy1966 said:
So we're replacing our best manager in 40 years with a manager who's claim to fame is to finish second with one of the biggest clubs in the world behind Barcelona in a 2 team league & to qualify to the knockout stage of the champions league(did not win a trophy) oh dear
Why not try Lennon from Celtic he wins trophys and reaches the knockout stage or arsene wenger who always reaches the knockout stage if all we care about is reaching the knockout stage and not attempting to win a trophy.
I know of a club who last season didn't get out of the group stage, didn't win a cup, lost the league to its neighbour. That club backed its manager and brought in better quality players instead of sacking the manager.
Looks like we're following the Chelsea model. So if our new manager doesn't win the league,champions league,fa cup and the boat race next season then he should be sacked as well.
Welcome to the new and improved roller coaster that we love called man city
Surely his claim to fame was coming second with villareal and then taking them to a champions league semi final?

iggy1966 said:
So we're replacing our best manager in 40 years with a manager who's claim to fame is to finish second with one of the biggest clubs in the world behind Barcelona in a 2 team league & to qualify to the knockout stage of the champions league(did not win a trophy) oh dear
No, his claim to fame is probably finishing 10 points ahead of Barca with a club about the size of Wigan.

But you carry on moaning.

LoveCity said:
What a chilling photo this is of the power players at City looking down (literally) at Mancini:

BKFH1M_CIAAjq24.jpg:large

They're auditioning for Men in Black 4.

Marvin said:
Utd lifting the trophy at OT, and tomorrow they parade it around Manchester.

And we're firing a manager and scrabbling around for a replacement. That's the latest.

If, as has been reported, Pellegrini has been appointed, we're hardly scrabbling around for a replacement, are we?

Lancet Fluke said:
iggy1966 said:
Why not try Lennon from Celtic he wins trophys and reaches the knockout stage or arsene wenger who always reaches the knockout stage if all we care about is reaching the knockout stage and not attempting to win a trophy.
I know of a club who last season didn't get out of the group stage, didn't win a cup, lost the league to its neighbour. That club backed its manager and brought in better quality players instead of sacking the manager.
Looks like we're following the Chelsea model. So if our new manager doesn't win the league,champions league,fa cup and the boat race next season then he should be sacked as well.
Welcome to the new and improved roller coaster that we love called man city
Surely his claim to fame was coming second with villareal and then taking them to a champions league semi final?

Possibly his claim to fame should be the highest win %age of any Real Madrid manager - and still get sacked!

Jaques said:
woodieMCFC said:
Stability is whats needed, When Pellegrini comes, I hope he stays longer than Mancini. I don't want city to be another chelsea!

I hope Jupp Heynckes arrive (he is free) and not Pellegrini.

Give over Heynckes is nearly 70 now.

It beggars belief, no matter how many times Pellegrini's excellent managerial record is quoted, still, STILL the same old poster continue to completely ignore it.

Vienna_70 said:
Marvin said:
Utd lifting the trophy at OT, and tomorrow they parade it around Manchester.

And we're firing a manager and scrabbling around for a replacement. That's the latest.

If, as has been reported, Pellegrini has been appointed, we're hardly scrabbling around for a replacement, are we?

I predict the name of his replacement will end in an I an O or possibly a Z.

I'm sure that episode where Mancini was looking for job with Monaco wasn't lost with the board when making the decision. He didn't exactly cover himself with glory with that one. Lets be frank, it's been an interesting and exciting time with Mancini but blimey theres been some "shooting ourselves in the foot" moments. Cityitis is alive and fucking well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.