Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
mscenterh750 said:
Modgblue, you don't sack somebody before a game ala Hughes and you certainly don't let it be known we are replacing a manager the night before an important final, none of that strikes of class. Do it when the season is done and dusted and do it without letting the media know first.

so you think the owners released the info that hes gone ? come on think about it its not citys doing. why does it matter to you how or why we sack our manager ? shit happens i know it i got sacked tomoeeow i wouldnt get the pay off what rm will be getting

It's as if yesterday that Bobby hadn't a clue what his situation at the club was. He knew well that things were happening behind his back though, you could sense it in his interview on ESPN.

Surely there should be a rule brought in by the FA regarding managerial replacements? These people are human beings at the end of the day.

On another note, Imagine Kidd or Platt got the job ...

Some comments in here are embarrassing i.e. ("city is dead to me") we are better than this blues. Let us not forget where we came from Mancini won too much to quickly so now everyone expects too much.

Give him another year please or am I too late?

Blue Haze said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:
We are the laughing stock of the league once again.

This should be a weekend were we should be celebrating another trophy and waving goodbye to Fergie with smiley faces and preparing for next season...

But instead we are saying goodbye to our own manager instead who gave us three trophies in three years (charity shield included) and has delivered success to us at long last.

I can't help but ask myself what the f**k is happening?! Throwing it all away again ...

You think this is bad? Imagine being a Barcelona fan in 2008. Your owners sack Rijkaard, who won more than Mancini. Then they turn down Mourinho, yes Mourinho, to appoint a U21 coach.

The bluemoon servers would be in meltdown for 2 months.

But it worked out, didn't it?
Messi.

This is a great thread about news 'breaking' which has not actually broken.....? What next...? Charles is King!! Cameron shot!!! The Missing Link found alive and well in Bacup!! (actually the last one is probably true and not news to anybody!)

Seriously though, if the 'news' is true, its hardly a surprise. And while I'm neither an inner or an outer, its a matter of record that Mancini was waiting in the wings for Hughes to get the boot and also he went for a 'chat' with Monaco last summer. Loyalty doesn't exist. Time for a new start!

SkyBlueFlux said:
Whether he ends up at the club or not, I think it's in rather poor taste for people to be belittling Pellegrini's achievements.

He has done extremely well under some very undesirable circumstances. He has taken teams into the quarter finals of the Champions League who wouldn't normally stand a chance, he's always finished strongly in the league and to get 96 points with Real Madrid and not win La Liga is incredibly unfortunate.

I'm not saying he's going to lead us into a new era of club success or anything drastic. I'm just saying he's clearly a very competent manager and deserves the respect that comes with that.

Maybe so

But in the context of this discussion his record and that of Mancini are relevant.........

Pellegrini:

Universidad Católica Copa Interamericana : 1994
Copa Chile : 1995
LDU Quito Serie A : 1998–99
San Lorenzo Primera División : 2000–01
Copa Mercosur : 2001
River Plate Primera División : 2002–03
Villarreal UEFA Intertoto Cup : 2004

Mancini:

Fiorentina Coppa Italia : 2000–01
Lazio Coppa Italia : 2003–04
Internazionale Serie A : 2005–06
Internazionale Serie A : 2006–07
Internazionale Serie A : 2007–08
Coppa Italia : 2004–05
Coppa Italia : 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana: 2005
Coppa Italia : 2006
Premier League : 2011–12
FA Cup : 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012

And Bobby is eleven years younger and hasn't finished yet.....

This doesn't really feel like an upgrade so far does it? Look what Mancini has achieved since Pellegrini won hos sole trophy in Europe a decade ago in the Intertoto Cup........

Hard to understand

cibaman said:
Rather than discussing Pellegrini's pedigree, shouldn't we be talking more about Bergiristan's credentials? Since he seems to have quietly taken over complete control of the football side of the club. Changed the manager, decided the playing formation. It appears that the role of manager is now merely that of head coach.
Our owner is the club god. He can squash any employee at the club like a bug.

Whatever Txiki is doing, Sheikh Mansour can put a stop to it whenever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.