Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
rowarta said:
for those that attended the Gary James evening at the Roundhouse and saw the way Mercer was treated when he was sacked, this'll make another interesting chapter in the 2045 edition of Gary's film night

True! Mercer resigned when he felt he had no choice but to go. I totally blame those that launched a takeover of the club just after we'd won 2 major trophies in one season the 5 people who launched that were Joe Smith, Ian Niven, Chris Muir, Michael Horwich & Simon Cussins. They killed off our period of dominance. I hope this time we haven't already pressed the self-destruct button. Typical City!

Regardless of what happens to the manager it is important the club acts quickly to ensure the negativity that landed around us on Saturday morning just before one of our most important games quickly disappears.

Petetheblu said:
spacecadet said:
SiWatts90 said:
A decent PR department can and would stop anything, I work for a very big UK Plc and if we get anything written about us that isn't true, the media have legal proceedings started against them within the day/days after..

We've given them all the ammo again and have no idea how to stop it as that part of the clubs infrastructure is still stuck in 'old City mode'

Spot on Blue. Heads have to roll for this debacle, cup final week and City PR do nothing.

I really don't know what they could do, it's not like they could turn around and say the rumours are just lies. Fook some on here would be holding a candle when they found out the truth.

If you do work for a press slaying company could you tell the folks on here how would stop these rumours, I'd appreciate the insight cheers.

This 100%. How do you hold discussions with another manager and stop it leaking out somehow, it is almost impossible. Once the rumour flys if we deny it and it is proved to be the case we look ridiculous - I am sure it is true but nobody can possibly say anything till the papers on both sides have been signed. It's no good ranting at the club unless you can suggest how it could be done differently.

cibaman said:
EddieR said:
A decent PR department can and would stop anything, I work for a very big UK Plc and if we get anything written about us that isn't true, the media have legal proceedings started against them within the day/days after..

We've given them all the ammo again and have no idea how to stop it as that part of the clubs infrastructure is still stuck in 'old City mode'

Spot on Blue. Heads have to roll for this debacle, cup final week and City PR do nothing.

'Typical City' is alive and kicking. It makes me think that there was a cynical, callous intention to discredit Mancini, whether that meant destroying the morale of the players and fans prior to a Cup Final, or not.
Why the hell would you do a deal with an incoming manager, allow the news to be reported as 'News' rather than conjecture or rumour, and not quash or deny, but just allow this uncertainty on one of the greatest of club days?
It stinks, and whether you're for or anti Mancini this has been a disgraceful state of affairs which has been conducted with little regard to a manager who deserves all our respect and gratitude, and with even less regard to the fans who were left feeling somewhat deflated even before a ball was kicked on Saturday. Shame on Begeristain, Khaldoon and anyone else who proves to have been culpable.[/quote]

I think the most plausible explanation was in the Sunday Times. City had intended to see the season out with Mancini, heard that Barca were considering approaching Pellegrini, and panicked into rushing through the deal.

I defended Begeristain after his public meeting with Pellegrini's agent, arguing that football directors meet agents all the time. But given how close it appears to a deal being done, its clear that the meeting should never have been held in public.[/quote]

BTW, that top bit about working for a big UK Plc was a quote from someone else, not mine.

This just resonates as an assasination of Mancini, to me. Mancini knows he's a dead man walking, we know, the media know but the club won't confirm or deny. That, in any light, is a shambles, and one which you wouldn't observe Manure descending into. We've successfully conducted a pedicure with a 12-bore here.

Pigeonho said:
Jimfv1 said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
How thick is Mccarthy reviewing the papers.

Says Pellegrini has no pedigree, i.e. won nothing then praises Manure for appointing Moyes who he admits has won nothing but has " The Pedigree" ??

Then sates that we should be appointin British managers and guess who he has in mind..........

Yes those good old Brits Roberto Martinez and Gus Poyet.

Lou Macari has come out with exactly the same statement on Talkshite, but we all know how thick (ex)-footballers are.

I think Klopp would have been the better option for us, but if it's to be short term (i.e. two years or so) then Pellegrini would be a good choice. I do like how Martinez, Poccochino(?) and Laudrup have all organised their teams against us though.

Can't believe how the press are burying the Rooney transfer request either ?
Why would Klopp move here?

Difficult to get, true, but if it's true he is fed up with his best players being sold every season, then why not ?

We need a manger for the long term, I know Klopp is flavour of the month this season, but he is young and his ideas in training, etc. are new and fresh. That ball shooting kit they have at Dortmund is revolutionary !

mansour's tow ropes said:
I will have nothing other than vile bitter hatred towards the board, and the new blokes in particular, if they get rid of Mancini now and don't give him a proper send off.

Horrible 2 faced, survey spreading wankers
Grow up FFS

Pigeonho said:
Jimfv1 said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
How thick is Mccarthy reviewing the papers.

Says Pellegrini has no pedigree, i.e. won nothing then praises Manure for appointing Moyes who he admits has won nothing but has " The Pedigree" ??

Then sates that we should be appointin British managers and guess who he has in mind..........

Yes those good old Brits Roberto Martinez and Gus Poyet.

Lou Macari has come out with exactly the same statement on Talkshite, but we all know how thick (ex)-footballers are.

I think Klopp would have been the better option for us, but if it's to be short term (i.e. two years or so) then Pellegrini would be a good choice. I do like how Martinez, Poccochino(?) and Laudrup have all organised their teams against us though.

spondolicks

Jimfv1 said:
Pigeonho said:
Jimfv1 said:

Difficult to get, true, but if it's true he is fed up with his best players being sold every season, then why not ?

We need a manger for the long term, I know Klopp is flavour of the month this season, but he is young and his ideas in training, etc. are new and fresh. That ball shooting kit they have at Dortmund is revolutionary !
My point is he could probably chose any job he wanted at the minute. Mourinho appears to be on his way out of Madrid, the health of the Barca coach means he may not be there much longer too. Getting Klopp would be a massive coup, but I expect we would be in a queue.

I will have nothing other than vile bitter hatred towards the board, and the new blokes in particular, if they get rid of Mancini now and don't give him a proper send off.

And take a breath......breath in and hold......now breath out slowly.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Neither Txiki or Ferran are members of the board.

really? well whatever their role/job description and objectives, I am yet to see them do anything of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.