Mancini Breaking News

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Fans now suggesting other names rather than Pellegrini are missing the point a little.

This is not a snap decision. It has been weighed over a period time, to reach a proper conclusion.

That includes who the new manager was already going to be.

Unless Pellegrini now does a massive U-turn and goes to Barcelona, this is only heading one direction.

And if that happens i would expect that the two fucking Amigo's heads are put on pikes outside the stadium

Still utterelt pissed off how this has been handled

Tancredi Palmeri alleging on TS just now that news about this is 3 weeks old in Italy. Also in last few hours it has emerged the reason for the departure is Mancini's relationship with the Sheikh had broken down and whilst he is not Txiki & Ferran's man as it were, they had not pushed him, it is entirely the Sheikh's decision.

cavendishblue said:
None of really knows what's going on behind the scenes so until I have any evidence to the contrary I put my trust in the owners. What they have done for this club is amazing, if they believe we need a different manager to move on then I back their judgement. I only hope that if Bobby goes that we get a chance to give him a good send off on Sunday - but even that requires goodwill on BOTH sides, Bobby is quite capable of going into a sulk. Let's see what he really thinks of the fans, as we have supported him throughout and have no control over whether he goes or not.

This. He deserves our thanks either way.

I would have given Mancini another season but the argument for sacking him is reasonable & Mancini wouldn't have got anywhere near the title or the FA Cup without the backing of Sheikh Mansour. It's a pity but that's football.

The fact City haven't made any statement whatsoever can only mean that Mancini's days are numbered. If we had no intention of sacking him then a simple, short, statement making our position clear would have come out as soon as these rumours statrted to gther momentum. The fact City have been so noticeably quiet can only mean that, at the very least we are seriously considering Mancini's position and don't want to back him then sack him within weeks. It's more likely that we have made a decision already, that Mancini must go, and we're keeping quiet until we're absolutely certain we've got our number one target (quite clearly Pelligrini) committed to the role. What we don;t want to do is announce Mancini will be going only to find Pelligrini decides not to come after all, or someone else like PSG or Barcelona, comes along and snatches him up from under our noses.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
GXCity said:
Exactly, we have the best owners in World football. Without them we wouldn't even have had the chance to sack a manager of Mancini's ability!

as far as I'm aware we have one owner. And I'm not directing my anger at him (although he may well be just as responsible, probably is), its because everything was going well with the holy trinity of Mansour, Khaldoon and Mancini, now the Spaniards have come in and upset the applecart.

Perhaps this is best for the club's long term future but right now I am very disappointed in the handling of the matter
The applecart was ruined when he threatened to walk after signing a new contract. City were well off the pace in the league and out the CL by the time the Spaniards came in. Everyone keeps trying to blame them but Mancini has tried to force 2 very powerful men in Khaldoon and Mansour to bend to his will. He has to remember he is just an employee he does not get what he wants because he threatens them

When was that?

dctid said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Fans now suggesting other names rather than Pellegrini are missing the point a little.

This is not a snap decision. It has been weighed over a period time, to reach a proper conclusion.

That includes who the new manager was already going to be.

Unless Pellegrini now does a massive U-turn and goes to Barcelona, this is only heading one direction.

And if that happens i would expect that the two fucking Amigo's heads are put on pikes outside the stadium

Still utterelt pissed off how this has been handled

yeah how dare they do the job they were tasked with

If Mancini is to go then I just wish the club could have been more decisive and shown a little more respect to Mancini.

I have a fear that if he goes,we wont get Pellegrini.

This has been a shite week but still,it's better than Shrewsbury away,losing 1-0 and the special breaking down in thick fog!

Come on city,can we have some clarity please

2011 - FA Cup winners - Mancini
2012 - Prem winners - Mancini
2013 - FA Cup runners up, Prem runners up - Mancini
Some very short memories at this club!
So is it ambition or greed that is driving this club now?
Some fans, the board, the belly of this club... just feels like we are falling apart just when we need to stand strong.

Mancini deserved another season at least. Just my opinion.
Without stability there can never be legendary status for this club or any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.