Mancini critism of Hughes

alera said:
Well its there for everyone to see really. Such a shame we couldnt bring in Mariga he would have made an enourmous diffrence to our team. Would have been our Essien / Viera in prime.

We dont have enough cover centre midfield, there is only one semi decent left back at the club. Only one wide right player. The central defensive players we signed in the summer were not good enough for where we are going and we paid double what they were actually worth. Not really any better than what we already had.

So everyone can make their own judgements but I know what I think -that we spent £200+ plus and still have an unbalanced squad lacking in top draw quality in key areas. Only one person that can be blamed for that IMO.

Mancini had the right idea you just cant do what is required in January. Whoever is manager at city in the summer (hopefully Mancini based on what I have seen) I think there is another clear out on the way.

Why couldn't Mancini do it in January? The money was available. If it was so important why didn't he sign FIT midfield players AT THE START OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW? Criticising people for doing something he had time & money to do himself reflects as badly as not knowing his squad & the fact that Kompany was signed as a centre mid & Johnson was earmaked to be another & it was suggested MH had at least one more lined up fo the Jan window.

MCFC-alan88 said:
blueyes said:
---------------Given----------------
Richards------Toure------Kompany-------Lescott

Yeah, and that's why I'd like to see the height of Kompany in tight and CB. Lescott has better height than Toure, but I don't know of Kolo's ability either LB or RB, so knowing Lescott is good on the Left in comforting. I think LB has been a weakness all season with Bridge not really doing that good all season, and I say this even after he's come back with a good game against Hull. But don't forget, we still lost this game. This way Kolo can cover the ground a little better and leave Kompany with Lescott's backup to cover anything in the air. Richards in my opinion needs to loose 15 pounds, he's strong, but he doesn't have the speed or the aerial work he used too.

Richards has been getting back to his best over the past month or two. I don't think that a player should be guaranteed a spot in the team just because of his cost. IMO, our best back four would be Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Bridge. They offer height, composure and no real lack of pace.

I'm still not convinced by Bridge, but he is certainly better than Garrido. Alternatively if Micah is injured, I'd put Kolo at right back. He played there for a period with Arsenal, and I don't believe he would concede as many free kicks as Zabaleta.

I like your call. Either way, one of us are dropping either Toure or Bridge. I'd love to see both scenarios we've put forward here. Garrido and Sylvinho as first team players haven't made the grade. All are good, but only in case of injury as we've seen over the last two months.

The reason I've thrown Lescott out there(LB) and left Toure in the box is to see how this group could possibly gell as a unit. The balance of speed height, experience, youth and age are there. The one great problem we have is creating a real team who are able to do the job as brick wall, something we are struggling with under Mancini and something we were only just passing under Hughes. I'm trying to find a magic formula :-)

Bonol said:
And you know more than Mancini?

Sorry to say yes it appears so, i have identified another central midfielder for him. Look we have got a better fucking midfield than 95% of the premiership, what a shit excuse, if he really thought that he should of got his skates on in the ttransfer window.

We've not even got the best midfield in Greater Manchester mate let alone 95% of the premiership.

Bonol said:
Mancini states in the Guardian

. "But it is strange for me that we only had three central midfielders – Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Stephen Ireland. It is impossible to play a whole season using just three central midfielders. Impossible."

Which just goes to show he doesn't even understand his own squad, what is Kompany, he is a fucking midfielder covering at centre half until his injury. Excuse's excuse's.

Maybe Mancini is referring to the fact Kompany has always been a defender til he joined us, then between him and Hughes it seems it was decided his best position is midfield.

Im just shocked that he actually knows Ireland is a centre/attacking midfielder... i suppose if he wants rid and plays him out of position all the time, he wont cause so much unrest with fans when he gets shut of Ireland, because fans will be frustrated with his below par performances.........

Not so tactically naive afterall are we Mr mancini?

alera said:
Mancini had the right idea you just cant do what is required in January.

Funny that. Last January we managed to sign a much needed left back (Bridge), our current first choice goalkeeper (Given), a good defensive midfielder (De Jong) and a useful attacker (Bellers). Yet this window we managed to sign an old player who wasn't even fit when we signed him and a young winger.

dchitz said:
Im just shocked that he actually knows Ireland is a centre/attacking midfielder... i suppose if he wants rid and plays him out of position all the time, he wont cause so much unrest with fans when he gets shut of Ireland, because fans will be frustrated with his below par performances.........

Wind your neck in.

You''re saying Mancini would jeapordise the rest of the season just to make the fans turn on Ireland?

Absolute rubbish.

TheMightyQuinn said:
dchitz said:

Wind your neck in.

You''re saying Mancini would jeapordise the rest of the season just to make the fans turn on Ireland?

Absolute rubbish.

Clearly the first line was laced with sarcasim and Obviously not to that extent but i honestly cant see why he would play 442 with ireland on the right instead of SWP,,

dchitz said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Wind your neck in.

Absolute rubbish.

Clearly the first line was laced with sarcasim and Obviously not to that extent but i honestly cant see why he would play 442 with ireland on the right instead of SWP,,

It's not a selection I'd make myself, I agree. But we have to accept that no matter what we think we know about the game, Mancini knows a hell of a lot more. We can all have opinions but he has a knowledge the likes of which we'll never have. Football is his life.

I'm dead against 442, always have been, always will be but we'll see how it pans out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.