Mancini critism of Hughes

Bonol said:
Mancini states in the Guardian

. "But it is strange for me that we only had three central midfielders – Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Stephen Ireland. It is impossible to play a whole season using just three central midfielders. Impossible."

Which just goes to show he doesn't even understand his own squad, what is Kompany, he is a fucking midfielder covering at centre half until his injury. Excuse's excuse's.

Kompany is a Center Back.

For Belgium he plays Center Back. At Hamburg he played Center Back.
Hughes used him in midfield.

Get off Manicini's penis.

Can't believe some people are suggesting Kompany is a midfielder; he's a centre back and that's that. Kompany and Lescott should be our centre back pairing for the rest of the season with Onouha, Toure and Kompany as cover.

There are times when we miss an Elano type player and we could do with another midfielder in the close season. Barry hasn't really done it for us yet but I think he will come good sooner or later

jay_mcfc said:
Can't believe some people are suggesting Kompany is a midfielder; he's a centre back and that's that. Kompany and Lescott should be our centre back pairing for the rest of the season with Onouha, Toure and Kompany as cover.

There are times when we miss an Elano type player and we could do with another midfielder in the close season. Barry hasn't really done it for us yet but I think he will come good sooner or later

This. He has excelled at CB this season, looking forward to seeing he and Lescott pair up at the back....if it happens that is.

Bonol said:

. "But it is strange for me that we only had three central midfielders – Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Stephen Ireland. It is impossible to play a whole season using just three central midfielders. Impossible."

Which just goes to show he doesn't even understand his own squad, what is Kompany, he is a fucking midfielder covering at centre half until his injury. Excuse's excuse's.
Kompany is a defender and has always been a defender. He prefers midfield but hes for all intents and purposes a central defender.

To summarize the last bit of the thread then:

Toure prefers CB but can play RB but is best at CB but is not as good as Kompany
Kompany prefers DM but can play CB but is best at CB but is better than Toure
Richards prefers CB but can play RB but is best at RB but is better than Zabaleta
Lescott prefers CB but can play LB but is best at CB but is better than Onuoha
Zabaleta prefers RB but can play DM but is best at DM and is worse than Richards and Toure
Onuoha prefers CB but can play RB but is best at CB but is not as good as the others
Boyata plays CB only but is too inexperienced
Bridge plays LB only and is better than Garrido who also only plays LB and Sylvinho who is better at DM

So logically (assuming all are fit) the best back 4 for tonight is:

Richards + Kompany + Lescott + Bridge

I'm working on the rest.

johnny crossan said:

Toure prefers CB but can play RB but is best at CB but is not as good as Kompany
Richards prefers CB but can play RB but is best at RB but is better than Zabaleta
Zabaleta prefers RB but can play DM but is best at DM and is worse than Richards and Toure
Onuoha prefers CB but can play RB but is best at CB but is not as good as the others
Bridge plays LB only and is better than Garrido who also only plays LB and Sylvinho who is better at DM

I'm working on the rest.

Nice work B. Kidd hahah,
or it could be:
Richards + Toure + Kompany + Lescott

blueyes said:
johnny crossan said:

I'm working on the rest.

Nice work B. Kidd hahah,
or it could be:
Richards + Toure + Kompany + Lescott

I'd make it:

Toure + Kompany + Lescott + Bridge

or

Toure + Richards + Kompany + Lescott

I think Richards body is more suited to the CB position and Toure's speed would be a better fit bombing down the usually weaker left flank of opponents.

Egyptian said:
But it is strange for me that we only had three central midfielders – Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Stephen Ireland. It is impossible to play a whole season using just three central midfielders. Impossible.
Well, it doesn´t seem impossible to use players out of position. So why not use your wingers as central midfielders Mr. Mancini?

YOU ARE RIGHT , mancini is a poor stupid , can't understend why adug havent appointed you as manager

instead of criticising the old manager, mancini should concentrate on getting his team selections right.....as the last few games have been appalling

Bonol said:

vrey worrying isnt it,.......especially as he keeps playing one fo those central midfielders on the right hand side when he has a right winger sat on the bench and has loaned the other one out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.