Mancini fear of failure?

johnny crossan said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Sorry blue but this is some spoilt arse approach and frankly all ive seen you do lately is jump on the DD and BS bandwagon - it really is incredible that the more intelligent of the forum, and i put DD and BS in that bracket, seem so blinkered on what development actually means.
The walls will cave in on any structure if people don't stand firm, this negativity is transcended from small minorities at the stadium and filtering on down, it will ultimately cost us........
This is already happening, witness the boos at the end of Saturday's game. I despair of these "loyal fans" - and their equivalent on here - for you to consider those two sad egotists as the more intelligent on the forum really says it all really Zin.

Intelligence in life doesn't necessarily make you an astute football viewer, hence the tone at my surprise they actually believe some of the shit they spout, DD and BS are clearly intelligent blokes mate so to state otherwise would be petty, however that doesn't mean I believe them to have a broader football knowledge than some on here - in fact DD gets a nose bleed if he goes past the M62.

Didsbury Dave said:
SWP's back said:
And some are.

So you don't think Dave, that the money that has come into our possession has changed the very nature of a hell of a lot of fans?

Serious question.
No I don't think our fan's "nature" has changed, in fact I think it's rather ludicrous to suggest it has. I go every week, it's largely the same people in there reacting in the same way they alwasy have done. Happy when things are going well and unhappy when they're not.

What has changed is the fan's expectations, and quite rightly so. We've spent enough money and have enough quality on board to be challenging right at the very top. To expect this is not "spoilt" behaviour, it's a sensible reaction to our activity on the transfer market over the alst two and half years. Everyone in football knows City should be in the champions league next season after all the investment. The club have made no secret of the fact that it is the be all and end all of this season.

We are in danger of not finishing in the champions league places. 8 weeks ago that would have been unthinkable. Even if that doesn't worry you, it worries me greatly. And it clearly worries Mancini greatly too.

This is not about the fans. It's about the team and the manager.

I guess I am not a worrier as I don't see (and this goes for my life as a whole, not just my love of City) how worrying ever helps anything. Especially over a thing that none of us can control.

I am on record of saying that if Mancini fails to land a trophy or top 4, I think he should go in the summer. But what I will not do (especially as we are in 3rd on merit), is make the judgement call now. I think our current form has extenuating circumstances and De Jong has been a bigger loss than anyone dared see, not to mention the others.

Put it this way, would you, and please be honest, swap our position, points and cups with that of Chelsea or Spurs? Chelsea having to play rags twice and Spurs game in hand is against Arsenal.

I can honestly say that I don't think I would, which suggests that all is not lost. I shall also we supporting the rags tonight which makes me feel a little bit ill.

shadygiz said:
why take just our home games though....titles and cups are won home & away

P8 W3 D2 L3 GF12 GA9 GD+3

the last 8 home & away games are shocking viewing by anyones standards, let alone a team pushing for top honours, wouldn't you agree?

chelsea also have a clueless manager

P9 W4 L4 D1 GF15 GA9 GD+6

We are simply feeling the bite of key injuries, nothing more, nothing less.

Chelsea's manager will be sacked in the summer. You know it and i know it...so it's not really the best of examples...:- )

BillyShears said:
chelsea also have a clueless manager

P9 W4 L4 D1 GF15 GA9 GD+6

We are simply feeling the bite of key injuries, nothing more, nothing less.

Chelsea's manager will be sacked in the summer. You know it and i know it...so it's not really the best of examples...:- )

And outside forces have messed with what he has tried to achieve, so it has relevance - he is a fantastic manager, has countless titles to his name but if everyone isn't pulling in the right direction stuff tends to come apart.

johnny crossan said:
This is already happening, witness the boos at the end of Saturday's game. I despair of these "loyal fans" - and their equivalent on here - for you to consider those two sad egotists as the more intelligent on the forum really says it all really Zin.

Intelligence in life doesn't necessarily make you an astute football viewer, hence the tone at my surprise they actually believe some of the shit they spout, DD and BS are clearly intelligent blokes mate so to state otherwise would be petty, however that doesn't mean I believe them to have a broader football knowledge than some on here - in fact DD gets a nose bleed if he goes past the M62.

That kind of petty "i know more about football than you" shit really spoils these discussions. It's clear to many the problems we face on the pitch, and that the manager is not getting anywhere near the best out of his squad of players. That's not good enough. I don't need to be lectured by you, Crossan, or any other person on here about how much I do or don't know about the game to see that.

I had dinner with a French world cup winner on Saturday night and managed to spend the whole night talking football with him. He was a really interesting character and somebody who knows Mancini pretty well - he's someone who can lecture me about football. My fellow Blues on Bluemoon....who are all equally qualified armchair experts...yeah, we're all the same.

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
I think what we have tended to do is "enough". Like West Brom at home. 3 up early doors and then we relaxed. Pretty much the same Vs Aris. Thinking about it, we did the same in that Villa home game.

I can only put it down to lots of fixtures and players not getting the chance to rotate and rest due to injuries, therefore once the game is won, no point killing ourselves.

You may disagree though winning 7 on the bounce at home is still no mean feat when playing "shit".

why take just our home games though....titles and cups are won home & away

P8 W3 D2 L3 GF12 GA9 GD+3

the last 8 home & away games are shocking viewing by anyones standards, let alone a team pushing for top honours, wouldn't you agree?

Sorry to be pedantic Shady but if you are going to quote stats :-

P8 W3 D3 L2

or

P 11 W5 L3 D3 GD +8 PTS 18

Not brilliant I would agree but shocking is well OTT

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Point is we shouldn't have that much trouble with injuries because Mancini has had 3 windows to build a suitable squad with suitable quality and depth, and what the injury argument is essentially saying is that he's failed in that respect.

Not true Joe. We have a strong squad (Jo aside). But the very heart of the team:

Kompany, De Jong, Silva, along with our best attacking right back Richards and game changer AJ, along with the ticking dynamo in Milner would knock most teams off their perch.

When we bought good players and replacements for the squad, the media criticised us, asking how would we keep them all happy etc as it was. You cannot have a squad of 25 genuine title chasing "first teamers". The ego's would allow it as you would have 9/10 (for other teams) first picks not even getting into the match day squad. Even SWP, who has been bobbins for a while now, was getting uppity and making noises about moving, as was AJ.

It is not possible to cover all eventualities, in reality, with enough quality. Human nature dictates that it can't.

As I say, take 4 or 5 of Utds best performers out of their team and they too would have struggled.

BillyShears said:

That kind of petty "i know more about football than you" shit really spoils these discussions. It's clear to many the problems we face on the pitch, and that the manager is not getting anywhere near the best out of his squad of players. That's not good enough. I don't need to be lectured by you, Crossan, or any other poster on here about how much I do or don't know about the game to see that.

I had dinner with a French world cup winner on Saturday night and managed to spend the whole night talking football with him. He was a really interesting character and somebody who knows Mancini pretty well - he's someone who can lecture me about football. My fellow Blues on Bluemoon....who are all equally qualified armchair experts...yeah, we're all the same.

And there you go - Did i once say I have a broader football knowledge than you? Or was it my opinion that some clearly make more sense to me?
What is it?

And you having the temerity to dangle 'i had dinner with world cup winner.........' is fucking sad - Is it a dick measuring exercise? Ok billy - i have at last count 14 professional footballers on my books, talk endlessly about football and i hold my own - does that make me more qualified than you?

Wind your neck in and stop getting so fucking defensive

BillyShears said:

That kind of petty "i know more about football than you" shit really spoils these discussions. It's clear to many the problems we face on the pitch, and that the manager is not getting anywhere near the best out of his squad of players. That's not good enough. I don't need to be lectured by you, Crossan, or any other person on here about how much I do or don't know about the game to see that.

Name dropping is equally petty Billy and I don't think that Zim was actually having a go at you. If anything, he had just paid you a compliment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.