Mancini fear of failure?

SWP's back said:
Neil McNab said:
I think Mancini has just bought some fresh "bad eggs"!
City have gone backwards this season, Mancini is fortunate the the top half of the league has moved backwards with us!

This should be interesting.

Can you please state how we have gone backwards this season from last.

Have we gone forward? Could you please state how?

BillyShears said:
It puts the fucking fear of God in me that Mancini will get sacked.

[/quote]

It puts the fucking fear of God in me that Mancini will not get sacked. This man will take us nowhere.

But I'm sure he will and the main reason this season will not be his leadership skills and tactical decisions. It will be his transfers. When you're waving around hundreds of millions of pounds you should not end up with Kolorov, Boateng, Milner and Ya Ya, all who have not delivered on the pitch enough to justify their big price tags.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 am --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
johnny crossan said:
This is already happening, witness the boos at the end of Saturday's game. I despair of these "loyal fans" - and their equivalent on here - for you to consider those two sad egotists as the more intelligent on the forum really says it all really Zin.

Intelligence in life doesn't necessarily make you an astute football viewer, hence the tone at my surprise they actually believe some of the shit they spout, DD and BS are clearly intelligent blokes mate so to state otherwise would be petty, however that doesn't mean I believe them to have a broader football knowledge than some on here - in fact DD gets a nose bleed if he goes past the M62.

Zin, why not keep this about the manager rather than me and Billy? I expect it from a couple on here, but you really don't want to be getting in bed with the likes of them.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
It puts the fucking fear of God in me that Mancini will get sacked.

It puts the fucking fear of God in me that Mancini will not get sacked. This man will take us nowhere.

But I'm sure he will and the main reason this season will not be his leadership skills and tactical decisions. It will be his transfers. When you're waving around hundreds of millions of pounds you should not end up with Kolorov, Boateng, Milner and Ya Ya, all who have not delivered on the pitch enough to justify their big price tags.

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 am --

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
johnny crossan said:
This is already happening, witness the boos at the end of Saturday's game. I despair of these "loyal fans" - and their equivalent on here - for you to consider those two sad egotists as the more intelligent on the forum really says it all really Zin.

Intelligence in life doesn't necessarily make you an astute football viewer, hence the tone at my surprise they actually believe some of the shit they spout, DD and BS are clearly intelligent blokes mate so to state otherwise would be petty, however that doesn't mean I believe them to have a broader football knowledge than some on here - in fact DD gets a nose bleed if he goes past the M62.

Zin, why not keep this about the manager rather than me and Billy? I expect it from a couple on here, but you really don't want to be getting in bed with the likes of them.[/quote]

Your arrogance is quite astounding.

Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Mancini has a prior relationship with both the Sheikh and Khaldoon.

Firstly, when he was Inter manager, him and Khaldoon worked closely together on the formation of the Inter Milan academy in Abu Dhabi and what exactly was to be required of it.
Secondly, Moratti and the Sheikh are close business associates and the Sheikh/Khaldoon were guests of Inter loads of times when Mancini was manager.
Thirdly, Mancini was (alledgedly) acting as the 'football consultant' for ADUG during the takeover.

Take that last one with a pinch of salt, but it WAS common knowledge for several months beforehand that Mancini would be City's next manager due to him, Khaldoon and the Sheikh having a close relationship.
It was believed in certain circles for months before that Mancini had offered himself, not that was he was nailed on to be manager. This was after Sunderland turned him down and he was desperate to get into English football. He even offered himself on a 6 month trial to prove himself. City also talked to 2 other managers at the time who weren't available. Again, this is all stuff I believe but little of it is provable. The relationship with adug was there though. It was very noticeable that khaldoon pointedly referred to his integrity when last season ended.

I think this relationship saved him in the summer but it won't do this year. I wouldn't be surprised if his exit is carefully stage managed

It is a matter of public record that Guus Hiddink was approached, prior to Mancini, and was not interested, even on a part-time basis until the summer.

Mancini was touting himself for a few jobs as his 'gardening leave' period came to a close with Inter.

He was offered a role at Notts County. The Mancini thing happened in a very small window.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It is a matter of public record that Guus Hiddink was approached, prior to Mancini, and was not interested, even on a part-time basis until the summer.

Mancini was touting himself for a few jobs as his 'gardening leave' period came to a close with Inter.

He was offered a role at Notts County. The Mancini thing happened in a very small window.

Is it your understanding that Sunderland turned him down because of his poor English, Tolm? That's what I was told.

Whoever the best manager is, we should have him.

If we have him, say so and lets move on. If we don't, just admit it and let's move on.

However, if we don't have the best manager, and the best manager becomes available, then a decision needs to be made that is in the best interests of MCFC. Everything is gamble, but some odds are shorter than others.

Didsbury Dave said:

But I'm sure he will and the main reason this season will not be his leadership skills and tactical decisions. It will be his transfers. When you're waving around hundreds of millions of pounds you should not end up with Kolorov, Boateng, Milner and Ya Ya, all who have not delivered on the pitch enough to justify their big price tags.

Way harsh in my opinion that - and here' why. I don't see Milner as a failure, but as someone who probably turned up thinking he was going to play central midfield (where he had excelled at Villa) - instead he has been shunted for the most part between right and left wing (nominally). Again, too much chopping and changing and too many players being asked to play in different positions.

Yaya - I'm a big fan. Yes he can look leggy at times, but again, he's been playing as a number 10 in behind Carlos for most of the season. For me, he's a two man holding wall alongside De Jong or Barry. Not a box to box number 10 (I realize they are two different types of players but Mancini has asked him to do both jobs).

Kola and Boat - the jury's out for me. We'll see.

The thing is, unless it's Mou who wants to come to replace him, I don't see the point in sacking him unless the problem becomes terminal - and right now it isn't. What I really don't want is another manager coming in and going "right, I'm keeping these 10 players, and these 10 can go" thereby having another season of transition...I'm going to sound like some of my biggest detractors but I think we do need stability.

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Way harsh in my opinion that - and here' why. I don't see Milner as a failure, but as someone who probably turned up thinking he was going to play central midfield (where he had excelled at Villa) - instead he has been shunted for the most part between right and left wing (nominally). Again, too much chopping and changing and too many players being asked to play in different positions.

Yaya - I'm a big fan. Yes he can look leggy at times, but again, he's been playing as a number 10 in behind Carlos for most of the season. For me, he's a two man holding wall alongside De Jong or Barry. Not a box to box number 10 (I realize they are two different types of players but Mancini has asked him to do both jobs).

The thing is, unless it's Mou who wants to come to replace him, I don't see the point in sacking him unless the problem becomes terminal - and right now it isn't. What I really don't want is another manager coming in and going "right, I'm keeping these 10 players, and these 10 can go" thereby having another season of transition...I'm going to sound like some of my biggest detractors but I think we do need stability.

Totally agree, although i think Kolarov has been at the very least, pretty decent.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
And as I have said, in the 7 previous home games (before Fulham), we won 7. Scored 24 and conceded 5.

That was all hardly shit football.

The fact we were missing Kompany, De Jong, Richards, Silva, Johnson, SWP (wasn't fully fit having trained once with a back injury) didn't exactly help us or our tempo.

Certainly Kompany, De Jong and Silva are the heart of our team and with Tevez mis-firing on Sunday, we were not helped.

Sunday was a shit game and shit atmosphere (after the first 10 minutes with the Kippax pllaying with the South Stand), but these things happen.

we haven't played well at home since Villa at home imo, only at sporadic points in certain matches have we really shown what we can do.

Utd haven't played well all season.
Chelsea have been off the boil.
Spurs are not exactly pulling up trees in ther premier league.
Arsenal...oh you get my point.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 pm --<br /><br />
shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
So why should anyone listen to the half dozen on here

i think you will find that figure has substantially increased over the last few weeks and the "anti-mancini agenda" as been brought on by the guys own failings to deliver

What has he failed to deliver exactly?
We could still:

Get CL Qualification
Win the Europa Cup
Win ther Fa Cup

Not the best time to throw in the towel now is it?

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I don't think it is harsh whatsoever. Milner might have felt that, but it's Mancini who is responsible for playing him in those stupid nothing positions which don't work for him or the team. Personally, I think Milner is overrated anyway, I didn't want him, BUT, at least play him in his best position if he is going to be given a chance.

You can have the jury out for as long as you like, but they will eventually come back with the following verdict - Kolarov is not a top PL left back. Lack of pace, lack of football brain defending. It's interesting to see how people play the game on here re: Kolarov or sorry, Kolarocket. Now it's, 'oh great tactical genius from Mancini - playing him further forward utilising his delivery' - no it isn't, it's poor management, because he won't play there when everyone is fit, and because he was signed as a left back! So it's admitting his weakness there. Add to that, he aint great further forward anyway.

Boateng is not better than Richards or Zabaleta, and we already had options at centre back - with the promising Boyata also, who since one mistake against Arsenal, has not figured at all. So it is fair to critically ask questions about how much he has wasted on these players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.