Mancini fear of failure?

BillyShears said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see various fragments of opinion regarding Mancini, ultimately, how do we progress forward as it stands?

Do City become successful when the manager is unable to not have everyone pulling in the same direction?

That goes for, players, fans, whoever.

I credit Mancini for having the balls to take the job in the situation he was presented with last season.

He has been on a massive learning curve, since.

However, I believe the team has been treading water for weeks, getting away with it against lesser opposition.

Tiredness and not enough personal and collective responsibility, was there for all to see against Fulham.

But I believe if he doesn't sort his head out, and quick, it will cost him his.

Most importantly, it will cost City, dearly.

"If we don’t have motivation, it’s a big problem because we are in third position and in two cups.” Mancini said. “Motivation should be very high. I think the season is very long. I’m disappointed by the result, but this is what happens when you play every three days and you don’t have many players, like we don’t at the moment."

Worrying. Suggesting the players aren't motivated enough. Still talking about too many games. He needs to stop showing so much public weakness.

As for players not pulling in the same direction - well the squad is Roberto's chosen one, the 'bad eggs' are all gone. So if he can't motivate his players he should be fucking worried as should we...
I think Mancini has just bought some fresh "bad eggs"!
City have gone backwards this season, Mancini is fortunate the the top half of the league has moved backwards with us!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BillyShears said:
That kind of petty "i know more about football than you" shit really spoils these discussions. It's clear to many the problems we face on the pitch, and that the manager is not getting anywhere near the best out of his squad of players. That's not good enough. I don't need to be lectured by you, Crossan, or any other fuck wit on here about how much I do or don't know about the game to see that.

I had dinner with a French world cup winner on Saturday night and managed to spend the whole night talking football with him. He was a really interesting character and somebody who knows Mancini pretty well - he's someone who can lecture me about football. My fellow Blues on Bluemoon....who are all equally qualified armchair experts...yeah, we're all the same.

And there you go - Did i once say I have a broader football knowledge than you? Or was it my opinion that some clearly make more sense to me?
What is it?

And you having the temerity to dangle 'i had dinner with world cup winner.........' is fucking sad - Is it a dick measuring exercise? Ok billy - i have at last count 14 professional footballers on my books, talk endlessly about football and i hold my own - does that make me more qualified than you?

Wind your neck in and stop getting so fucking defensive

I was talking about posters like Crossan who continue to peddle the "anti Mancini" bullshit as if we don't all want what is best for City. It's pathetic and borders on trolling - but he knows that.

I know how many footballers you know - the point I'm making is that the sport is incredibly subjective so people on here will always gravitate towards those they agree with and as you say those who 'agree' will make more sense to each other.

Apologies if it came across as insulting...

BillyShears said:
And there you go - first off dickhead whats with the fuck wits? Did i once say I have a broader football knowledge than you? Or was it my opinion that some clearly make more sense to me?
What is it?

And you having the temerity to dangle 'i had dinner with world cup winner.........' is fucking sad - Is it a dick measuring exercise? Ok billy - i have at last count 14 professional footballers on my books, talk endlessly about football and i hold my own - does that make me more qualified than you?

I was talking about posters like Crossan who continue to peddle the "anti Mancini" bullshit as if we don't all want what is best for City. It's pathetic and borders on trolling - but he knows that.

I know how many footballers you know - the point I'm making is that the sport is incredibly subjective so people on here will always gravitate towards those they agree with and as you say those who 'agree' will make more sense to each other.

No worries

Neil McNab said:
BillyShears said:
Worrying. Suggesting the players aren't motivated enough. Still talking about too many games. He needs to stop showing so much public weakness.

As for players not pulling in the same direction - well the squad is Roberto's chosen one, the 'bad eggs' are all gone. So if he can't motivate his players he should be fucking worried as should we...
City have gone backwards this season, Mancini is fortunate the the top half of the league has moved backwards with us!

This should be interesting.

Can you please state how we have gone backwards this season from last.

BillyShears said:
I wasn't calling you a fuck wit. I was talking about fuck wits like Crossan who continue to peddle the "anti Mancini" bullshit as if we don't all want what is best for City. It's pathetic and borders on trolling - but he knows that.

No worries

The thing is Zin, I get what Mancini is trying to do. I really do. I'm not blind to it, and I've a lot of respect for him, regardless of how it may come across on here at times. However the truth is I don't see how he has addressed any of the limitations we have to our play since the season has started. His formation relies on top quality full backs to provide width, and yet we don't have them and consequently play with very little width. This makes us easier to defend against which is why we struggle to break down teams who park the bus. Something like that should have been identified and dealt with either by a change of system, or by bringing a couple of bodies it in Jan to provide a little more variety to our play.

That's just the tip of the iceberg IMO, in terms of where we are falling down. Coupled with the way or form has taken a nose dive at a crucial juncture in our season, it's easy to see why people are incredibly concerned.

BillyShears said:
I wasn't calling you a fuck wit. I was talking about fuck wits like Crossan who continue to peddle the "anti Mancini" bullshit as if we don't all want what is best for City. It's pathetic and borders on trolling - but he knows that. Apologies if it came across as insulting...

Thanks for making that clear Billy. Your talent for hypocrisy is remarkable but your talent for lies and self-delusion is peerless.

Neil McNab said:
I do agree that I struggle to see what players like Milner, Yaya & Boateng currently bring to the table but I'm also very reluctant to judge new players in their first season, particularly foreign ones that aren't attuned to the Premier League.

However I wouldn't agree we've gone backwards but I do also struggle to see how we've gone forward.

BillyShears said:
No worries

The thing is Zin, I get what Mancini is trying to do. I really do. I'm not blind to it, and I've a lot of respect for him, regardless of how it may come across on here at times. However the truth is I don't see how he has addressed any of the limitations we have to our play since the season has started. His formation relies on top quality full backs to provide width, and yet we don't have them and consequently play with very little width. This makes us easier to defend against which is why we struggle to break down teams who park the bus. Something like that should have been identified and dealt with either by a change of system, or by bringing a couple of bodies it in Jan to provide a little more variety to our play.

That's just the tip of the iceberg IMO, in terms of where we are falling down. Coupled with the way or form has taken a nose dive at a crucial juncture in our season, it's easy to see why people are incredibly concerned.

I agree, he put too much faith in kolorov and boeteng getting straight on the bull and riding the bronco, milner isn't the water carrier we needed as barry for me has a couple of good seasons in him, and balo is still settling in, but as damocles pointed out earlier in the thread, Mancini is trying to perfect a playing style which won't need a plan b, he has been quite naive in trying to implement it half way through a season but it had to be done, injuries have dictated it must happen sooner rather than later..........

personally i'm sick of the chopping and changing and believe wholeheartedly that stability is now the only way the blueprint the owners have, will succeed, that or jose and we both deep down know he's off down the road.

BillyShears said:
And there you go - Did i once say I have a broader football knowledge than you? Or was it my opinion that some clearly make more sense to me?
What is it?

whats all this "fuckwit" shit about. we all have different views but in my opinion there is not one single fuckwit on here, i dont agree with all on here but fuck me it would be a quiet place if we all agreed.

lets keep the debate civil, interesting but civil.

personally i'm sick of the chopping and changing and believe wholeheartedly that stability is now the only way the blueprint the owners have, will succeed, that or jose and we both deep down know he's off down the road.

It puts the fucking fear of God in me that Mancini will get sacked. I said it earlier in this thread - I don't want him sacked, but I think he's heading in that direction at the moment with not just results, but performances, body language (from him and the players), the number of excuses he's making etc. For me Mou is a no go too -and I said as much to your kid - I think he'll stay at Madrid and end up at the rags. Beyond that, Roberto needs to arrest the slide, sort out his own body language and post match utterances (criticizing players, making excuses etc) - and get us back to winning ways. He needs to inspire confidence and he's doing anything but right now...<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
whats all this "fuckwit" shit about. we all have different views but in my opinion there is not one single fuckwit on here, i dont agree with all on here but fuck me it would be a quiet place if we all agreed.

lets keep the debate civil, interesting but civil.

If I'd have used "liar, delusional, anti Mancini, anti City" instead of fuckwit would that be okay?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.