Mancini: "I'll forgive Tevez if he apologises"

Re: Mancini, ill forgive Tevez is he apologises.

80s Shorts said:
bluegorton said:
Can't we tell the Showsec Massive he's refusing to sit down, get the f*cker hospitalised.

Its getting him to stand up thats the problem.

Now that was funny !!! If he appears in a our shirt again it'll be a sad day. Much as it goes against the grain, I'll probably walk out.

mammutly said:
At the end of the day, this will be about one thing - money.

Tevez can't get what City pay him anywhere else and his transfer value to the club will plummet if relations are not repaired.

There will be a compromise and Tevez will stay and will play. He's 2 good performances away from most fans forgetting about Bayerngate.

He isn't going to go in January unless someone offers around £30 million and I just cannot see that happening.

Mostly agree

I think City WOULD let him go for less, but only if to a much lesser team AND with some significant sell on clauses to stop them making a huge profit at our expense.

At the moment, 20 millions would be good business. We immediately save in the wages and we might get a down payment of 5 million or so, possibly even ALL of it at a push as part of the deal for such a good price.

The worry is the other players. I cannot imagine he's Mr Popular any more, I don't cannot believe he could be, plus, by some miracle we find ourselves in the CL final and he has to take a penalty - would you trust him?

Once that trust is in question, there's no hope.

I find it all very upsetting actually. We loved him, and I KNOW it couldn't be easy for him at times, but it was hardly 10 years in jail or something.

Manchester isn't the greatest City in the world, but it's not 3rd world either!

In the grand scheme, we're not the most attractive place to be, but plenty of other stars are coping. He's well paid and was adored by the City fans. He had the chance to be possibly our greatest ever player ever and REALLY be part of a team that could do something - and he's be hailed forever as one of the guys that did it (like Maradona was at Napoli).

That chance has gone now. It's such a shame, a few moments of petulance have ruined it all.

Mr Aguero et al now have that chance. We loved you Carlos, but we no longer trust you.

If he ever comes on the pitch we should all do the Poznan but not jump up and down !!!.He has turned his back on us show we should turn our back on him .

Tevez wont give an apology imo,also Tevez wouldnt get in the team he`s behind Johnson,nasri,Dzeko onthe bench.i think its just PR thing from the club.

uwe282828 said:
Tevez wont give an apology imo,also Tevez wouldnt get in the team he`s behind Johnson,nasri,Dzeko onthe bench.i think its just PR thing from the club.

But we have cup games to deal with too, and what about European games if we already know we can't qualify for the latter rounds? a perfect time to play him - esp if this '10%' of games is a factor too

I can't see Tevez apolgising. I'd be very very surprised if he's willing to do that. So let's see what the PFA and Graham Taylor do now. Wasn't he spouting on about an amicable resolution for all concerned. So if he is really interested in that he would tell his PFA member to eat humble pie and apologise, but again I doubt it very much.

BlueMo' said:
I don't think he'll apologise.
He maintains he didn't do anything wrong.
I won't be surprised if he asks for an apology from RM.

Could be spot on with this comment.
I think that Tevez might make the point, which has clearly been accepted by the Club since it was not listed in the offences commited,that Mancini misunderstood or misheard his reply from the bench and then followed up by stating that he would never play for us again, which could now be classed as constructive dismissal. It could all get even messier than it is now.

It seems likely that, as has been mentioned earlier, this apology demand is a tactic to protect the Club from a legal point of view (if Tevez declines to comply) and has been offered in anticipation of a refusal.

From the purely football point of view, if Tevez is brought back into the fold, I hope that Roberto makes it clear to him that he will be surrounded by players who are at least his equal in skill and that he must now play as part of the team. We are used to getting goals from all over, now; that must continue to be the case.

If he played for us again i would be very dissapointed and i dont think i could bring myself to cheer for his goals.

FanchesterCity said:
uwe282828 said:

But we have cup games to deal with too, and what about European games if we already know we can't qualify for the latter rounds? a perfect time to play him - esp if this '10%' of games is a factor too

This is the only factor IMO. It's the only reason this offer is on the table for Tevez.

Mancini knows his squad. It's no coincidence that since Tevez has not been part of our squad we've been scoring for fun. Tevez is a one man show, it's all about him and his selfishness effects other team mates. Look at how Silva has blossomed and how Dzeko is playing with flair since he's been banished.

I for one don't like Tevez and I trust his agent about as far as I could kick him. The press, pundits and media, in fact the whole of the footballing institution cannot wait for the wheels to fall off our season. I reckon everyone of them are praying Tevez gets back into our first team for this very reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.