Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bobby takes the credit ...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BobKowalski said:
Hughes has more of a case if only by unselfishly demonstrating what not to do when handed a large wedge of cash and the brief 'Go spend and make us Champions'
tbf he met the first part of that objective with gusto.

He did it so well he went on to replicate it at QPR with even more spectacular results. A man of rare and singular talent.

supercity88 said:
Same old usual argument of "should have signed Van Persie".

It's cringeworthy he continues to repeat that mantra.

BillyShears said:
supercity88 said:

It's cringeworthy that you keep pointing it out.
Most folk think that the interview was reasonable and fair.
That you don't says more about you than anything else.
Any mention of Mancini and you are there dripping vitriol.
You simply can't let it go, can you?

BobKowalski said:
BobKowalski said:
Hughes has more of a case if only by unselfishly demonstrating what not to do when handed a large wedge of cash and the brief 'Go spend and make us Champions'
tbf he met the first part of that objective with gusto.

He did it so well he went on to replicate it at QPR with even more spectacular results. A man of rare and singular talent.
Even has his own song ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTrVsKOVFg[/youtube]

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
BobKowalski said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Will never forget what he did for City, but could say Erikksson and Hughes had a hand building this City team too.

I was a big fan of Sven and his (brief) time here but I think its stretching it a tad to say he had a hand in building this City team. Hughes has more of a case if only by unselfishly demonstrating what not to do when handed a large wedge of cash and the brief 'Go spend and make us Champions'

i know its a stretch ... but didn't Sven bring in Hart from Shrewsbury and courted Zabba in February before we replaced him with Hughes in the summer of that year?

But tbh, i wonder how many of Mancini's signings, were actually down to him? Seems to be a trend that the board chooses the players and the 'coach' has to make a team with them. Credit to Mancini if that's what he did, but he has to take the blame for under performing last season, which cost him his job.

Hart was during Pearce's reign of 'null goal' terror. But I like Sven so relaxed on the whole giving him credit front. Top bloke. Am also pretty sure that Yaya and Silva were courted prior to Roberto turning up just as Navas and Fernandinho were in the pipeline before Pellers pitched up but traditionally we credit the manager even if its not exactly the case. The media always credit the manager but then I think they are just terrified that a DoF system may (horror) actually work so when it does they pretend it doesn't exist. An odd attitude but there you go.

BillyShears said:
supercity88 said:

United signing Van Persie was in the best long term interests of City.

I can't take you seriously when you're being serious ;)

Cant not like the guy after winning us our first cup and then title in decades. However I don't think he ever achieved what the squad was actually truly capable of and apart from the first half of the title winning season our performances always blew hot and cold. The players and staff obviously despised him which wouldn't have helped in getting the maximum out of players.

Van Persie denied City the title eh ? What about Mancini's awesome signings like Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli and Tevez ? Why didn't they perform ?

Excuses and more excuses from Mancini. I'm shocked that he is taking all the credit btw. A few months ago he said Pellegrini was doing well because he bought 4 or 5 good players .. now he's claiming the success is all down to him.

If Mancini can take credit for Pellegrini's achievements,then Hughes should take credit for what Mancini achieved.

BillyShears said:
BillyShears said:
United signing Van Persie was in the best long term interests of City.

I can't take you seriously when you're being serious ;)
It's a price I have to pay for taking the piss out of others with such frequency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.