Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity111 said:
taconinja said:
SWP's back said:
Well I couldn't disagree any more stronger but I doubt either of us will convince the other to change their stance so we may as well agree to disagree.

-- Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 pm --

One may argue we had the best squad last season also??
If one were so inclined. Overall they would be right, too. You seem to mistake me for someone who thinks Mancini shouldn't have been sent packing. He lost the dressing room. You tend not to recover from that. The idea that he only deserves a "token of credit" (said early in the discussion) or that we don't have a remarkably better squad than we did when Mancini arrived (Ireland, Bellamy, Adebayor, etc. versus Negredo, Aguero, Navas, Silva, Toure, Nasri, etc.) is asinine.

I think it was more so the owners views on his public perception and his managerial style combined with the fact he is a three - five year manager at one club in anycase in the main and believes that 5 max is all you should hang around for no matter how much the supporters crave for you.

The spats with Balotelli and Tevez didn't help either irrespective of the distribution of blame.

As for the players perhaps some didn't like him much but as for the important and only word that matters and that is respect we shall see how many biographies can him on that score.
I think if he kept winning, the executives and owner would have tolerated his eccentricities. Victory absolves many sins. I want to clarify that I don't believe the players were in open revolt. Perhaps one or two, but frankly that's not uncommon. His message wasn't getting through. He wasn't able to motivate the players to victory any longer. His shelf life had expired so to speak. Either you start over with new players or a new manager. I think we made the right choice.

He won us two titles so I'll always love him for that, but he needed to go when he did. having said that it would be great to host Galatasaray in the UCL one day with him as manager.

gwt said:
He won us two titles so I'll always love him for that, but he needed to go when he did. having said that it would be great to host Galatasaray in the UCL one day with him as manager.
Two titles? Did I doze off for a year?

gwt said:
One, one title.

taconinja said:
mancity111 said:
taconinja said:
If one were so inclined. Overall they would be right, too. You seem to mistake me for someone who thinks Mancini shouldn't have been sent packing. He lost the dressing room. You tend not to recover from that. The idea that he only deserves a "token of credit" (said early in the discussion) or that we don't have a remarkably better squad than we did when Mancini arrived (Ireland, Bellamy, Adebayor, etc. versus Negredo, Aguero, Navas, Silva, Toure, Nasri, etc.) is asinine.

I think it was more so the owners views on his public perception and his managerial style combined with the fact he is a three - five year manager at one club in anycase in the main and believes that 5 max is all you should hang around for no matter how much the supporters crave for you.

The spats with Balotelli and Tevez didn't help either irrespective of the distribution of blame.

As for the players perhaps some didn't like him much but as for the important and only word that matters and that is respect we shall see how many biographies can him on that score.
I think if he kept winning, the executives and owner would have tolerated his eccentricities. Victory absolves many sins. I want to clarify that I don't believe the players were in open revolt. Perhaps one or two, but frankly that's not uncommon. His message wasn't getting through. He wasn't able to motivate the players to victory any longer. His shelf life had expired so to speak. Either you start over with new players or a new manager. I think we made the right choice.

Mancini did an excellent job for us for a time but fell a little short last season. At the time of his dismissal, I thought he had enough credit in the bank to be given another season to turn it around. With hindsight, I was probably wrong. The football I've watched us play this season has on occasion been breathtaking and Pellegrini has done a superb job too date. I do however, find it a pity that a minority continue to heap vitriol, bile and personal insults on the man who managed our club to league and cup success. I find it equally worrying that some former 'inners' seem incapable of recognizing the excellent job our current manager has done so far.

We're potentially on the verge of something very, very special and all some seem to want to do is demonize a former manager or refuse to acknowledge the job being done by the current incumbent.
What a shame.

Excellent post Davs19.
I found it hard to understand the constant criticism of Mancini in the seasons he won the cup and league and they still will not let go making them seem very bitter.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
hallstreetblue said:
I respect the man and thank him for bringing in such players as the ones he mentioned. However, fact is, these very same players are playing world class football under a totally different manager. Van Persie was the reason for us losing our title? Does he really believe that? Do you? Wish him all the best, but that doesn't wash with me :)

Then maybe you don't do common sense.
Because Van Persie scored 31 goals for the rags, and without those goals they would have finished mid-table rather than champions.

I've seen that my post seems to have set off a bit of a debate :) Mate, I can do common sense perfectly well. Of course RVP made a difference for yoonited last season; he was scoring goals for fun, in a really shit yoonited side, in a much weaker (than this season) Premier League. We on the other hand, with a much stronger squad and, on paper, a far more lethal strike force, were underachieving big time. Our strikers were really disappointing; there was talk of Agüero leaving and even some fans were all for it. Nasri was non-existent and Silva was way below par. My point is, this was mostly down to Mr Mancini losing the plot and so, losing the dressing room and finally, the respect from his players. Yes he gave us Yaya, Silva, Agüero and Dzeko, but Pellegrini has them playing world class football, in a much tougher Premier League and also has us through to the K.O. stages in the CL. Once again, I thank Roberto Mancini, for all that he brought to our club and I truly wish him all the best; however, for him to sit there and say Van Persie was the reason for yoonited winning the league, (and I get more to the point) it's utter BOLLOX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.