Mancini it could've been so different.

Re: Mancini it could of been so different.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The introduction of De Jong was the correct one, albeit, 45 minutes too late.

Stop playing to the gallery, stop with the 4-2-4 shit, which it basically is, certainly with players such as Silva and Nasri.

Barry and Yaya, both immobile and exposed by top midfielders.

Let's get back to the end of last season when it was purring along and the defence had a comfort blanket.

That result would have been exactly the same if we had played United or Chelsea.

Top teams plays 4-5-1 in the truly big games.

Unless you have a phenomenon such as Barca, with 11 players of superhuman desire and fitness levels.

Nasri needs to be dropped

Agree

If he done his homework he should of started with De Jong rather than being outdone in midfield, hindsight is wonderful but if you've been watching Bayern this season it should of been obvious.

On another note i would of started Tevez last night for his persistance in closing down up top which was lacking.

All the above is only my humble opinion of course...............

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The introduction of De Jong was the correct one, albeit, 45 minutes too late.

Stop playing to the gallery, stop with the 4-2-4 shit, which it basically is, certainly with players such as Silva and Nasri.

Barry and Yaya, both immobile and exposed by top midfielders.

Let's get back to the end of last season when it was purring along and the defence had a comfort blanket.

That result would have been exactly the same if we had played United or Chelsea.

Top teams plays 4-5-1 in the truly big games.

Unless you have a phenomenon such as Barca, with 11 players of superhuman desire and fitness levels.

Nasri needs to be dropped

All this. Totally. Due to the ridiculous media assertion that RM was negative all last season ( and a fair few on here ) we are now playing open expansive style which while successful against teams as unsavvy as Spurs will not work against high calibre opposition.

De Jong or Milner should have started, possibly both. Nasri is a luxury player who ideally will be used when Silva needs a rest. Whether he will like that I have no idea.

Last night we should have gone something like this.

Milner NDJ Barry
Yaya Silva
Aguero

Ahh the lovely sight of all these talented managers who are being under utilised in their normal jobs. We all know how you would have all won the game with your wonderful tactics and years of computer game, sorry real life experience. *sarcasm over*

If football management was as easy as most of you think every manager would be a success even greats like Jose, Pep, Fabio have succumbed to superior tactics. Get a grip we were going to lose some day and our great players *Tevez* let us done. This should never have happened, stop blaming the manager. Bayern have played at this level for the past 15 or so years.

100 pct wrong on both main points I am afraid in my opinion.

We needed to get into the game in midfield we were being battered we had to get control there for that we needed numbers and we needed quality, we could have had ten strikers on but without control in midfield it would have counted for nothing. We had one of the great midfield enforcers on the bench and he needed to come on. Mancini really only had the choice of nasri dzeko or aguero to take off and for me dzeko was probably the right call.

As for going public on tevez I think you totally misunderstand what has been playing for 6 months here and also you misunderstand what Mancini was trying to do. Mancini has wanted tevez out all summer . He tried his best to shift him, he tried to get an eto swap deal he even supported him going cheaper to brazil. Mancini wanted a team all together and wanted a position where he was not being undermined and team spirit undermined. The owners or at least cook and marwood made a business decision to want 50m for tevez and therefore he stayed . Had Mancini kept quiet last night it may have been hushed up, a fine and forgiveness given and he might have stayed. That would have undermined Mancini and in his eyes kept an unstable situation going . Mancini very clearly chose to say it is my way or nothing and very clearly he did it at a time when the club and players will have to back him 100 percent, Mancini will now get what he wanted all summer and everyone will have to fall in line. The only alternative will be Mancini going and that would look to all the world like tevez forcing him out something the club would never go for. A clever move and whilst he was angry and passionate it was nit a move without calculation

The benefit of hindsight, maybe Mancini felt De Jog wasn't ready to start?

flb said:
Tony Adcock said:
I cant disagree with what you have put - it pains me to say.

I cant deny that last night hurt. Something must have happened at halftime we are not aware of as the whole second half we were flat as anything. It was as if Mancini was damned whatever move he made next.

But as you say.....it was a strange tactical substitution to make.

He looked shell shocked - and really Kiddo or platt should have got a grip of him and said - say nowt till the dust settles.

He has gone out on a limb.

Its a back him or sack moment - and that saddens me as with what he has done and where we are - he and we dont need this at this moment in time

back him or sack him!

Are you for real?

Please explain.

What i meant to try and say is that Mancini by going public in the heat of the moment has given an ultimatum........He has said no way will Tevez play again.

So if the board disagree with that statement.........it undermine the manager big time. And hat is not a good place for us to be right now.

It's hard to pick on one individual for last nights shambles , most of our players were a waste of time ....... Yaya , Aguero , Silva , Barry , none of them performed.

Other than maybe Joe Hart , who was just plain unfortunate , i don't think any player was anywhere near on top of his game , and some ought to have been downright ashamed of themselves .......

what we have now done is made things very hard for ourselves , not impossible , but very difficult ....... we have now handed other sides in the group the impetus , and put all the pressure on ourselves .... but that's what fucking up early group games does for you!

Starting with Dzekos early miss last night , which probably half made Mancinis mind up to bring him off early , the entire night went from bad to worse ....... but how many of us can truly say that we were surprised ???

leighton said:
Right I have been hughly impressed by Mancini since he has come to the club. Last night he got a number of things so fucking wrong and his decisions has lead to huge media attention which we dont need in my opinion all negative.

Watching the match when he decides to bring of Dzeko for De Jong at 2-0 down was the biggest what the fuck is he doing here. If your chasing a game and taking off a forward bring on a forward. No wonder Dzeko came off dumb founded at the move. IF it was any other manager they would of brought Tevez on for him and doing so we wouldnt have all the shit that happend after it.

Regarding Mancini and his Tevez after match comments. He handled it the wrong way big time in a interview to come out and say what he said is crazy. This should of been done in the dressing room not on the media. Tevez refusing to play Mancini is right to never play him again if he wishes but he didnt need to come out in the media to say it. Everyone knew during the game he refused to play so there is no way back why highlight it again. Its things like this that can make or break a manager I hope it makes Mancini but its a huge risk to take.

clueless.

Wron Mancini had forced the board to back him 110 pct there is no choice and he has strengthened his position and possibly the clubs if the players fall in line. Had he kept quiet and been party to a hush up and maybe tevez staying his position would have been untenable and tge whole team weakened

Mancini it could of been so different.

intheknow! said:
I'm not a Mancini fan, I admit but he's not the man to take us forward, especially not in Europe. His record in Europe with Inter is not good. Also there seems to be no respect for him from the players. I know players shouldn't be allowed to rule the club but there are problems. They get angry very easily, there seems no effort and I don't see how he motivates them. Last night was a total shambles and very embarrassing for our club. What makes it worse is Bayern are one of our biggest critics in Europe, over the 'sugar daddy' issue.

I would be happy if Tevez and Mancini left. Tevez now and Mancini at the end of the season.

We all know your not a city fan so your opinion counts for fuck all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.