mancini needs to look at himself tonight

redmizzle said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The selection of kolo was a ridiculous and unforgiveable decision. We will never know but I think it cost us the game. The players on the park were lackadaisical and their heads went down.

Biggest surprise of the night was the fact that the dynamic, one touch, goal machine trio of kolorov, Milner and de Jong couldn't get us back in the game with their pace and trickery from the bench . I bet bayern were quaking in their boots when they warmed up .

Bad fucking night at the office this, an echo of Liverpool away last season . Let's hope it becomes a springboard like that one did.

Yet again we were unable to get back into a game once things had home wrong. They passed it well but we largely gave up. And theres no excusing tevez, although I'd question the sanity in going public. Our dirty laundry is now being washed in public yet again and I don't believe we will ever see tevez in a city shirt again. Mancini has limited his options by now going public. And that idiot tevez has had £20m knocked off his January fee.

To cheaply copy and paste what I've already said tonight, in short I fully agree.

imho it was Kolo at fault for the way tonight panned out. I know he is an easy target. Until the first goal we were looking good. He comitted himself to a challenge that he didn't follow through on, and backed off again 2 yards from the attacker. Clichy didn't help by reacting late either. They had too much space. Joe did well but with that much space we were fucked. When Kolo went for the guy he should have got the ball, instead he left Kompany covering him and leaving space behind himself. Leaving them to get lucky.

2nd goal, a fundamental of defending is to stay goal side of your man during free kicks and corners. Put yourself inbetween the goal and the attacker and things become a lot more difficult for them. He didn't do this most basic of things for that free kick, and it put us 2-nil down on the stroke of the half. Mancini is right, that was game over at this moment, at this level.

He did some good during the match, but nothing Lescott couldn't have done and his 2 mistakes were costly.

As for Tevez, what a fucking dickhead.

Hopefully it will turn out to be our players simply pissed off they didn't win, worst case scenario is Tevez stays for another season. Would like to think on tonight's evidence Micah, Joe and Vinnie don't want him anywhere near training. He's gone, man. Has to be. Tevez, what a fucking dickhead.

Mancini's mistake tonight was starting Kolo. What happened afterwards with subs isn't something he or anyone had planned for. Who could plan for Tevez? What a fucking dickhead.

Sorry but how was the second goal Kolo's fault. How about the one who gave away the unnecessary freekick in the first place?

You must be joking? Please?

Kolo didn't do the simplest thing that everyone is taught at U7 level for free kicks, stay goal side of them. Remember this simple rule, and look at the goal again.

It doesn't matter about the foul that was made, we didn't defend the free kick that was given. That's what led to the goal, which buried us.

col40 said:
Ask your self this lads/ladies

2 O Down 35min to go he take Dzeko off and brings De Jong, on tells me we are settleing for the 2 0 defeat.

Then we take off Nasri and send on Milner WHY.

Then we take off Barry for Kolarov WHY.

3 off the worst subs ive ever seen at City, so negative its untrue.

Toure for Lescott was disgraceful.

As for Tevez he has played 12 min and 9 min as sub in the last few weeks, how would you feel when you see your side losing 2 0 and he takes a forward off for a defenceive mid player, and aslo to see Dzeko have a rubbish game on Sat and then watch for an hour toinght and he was rubbish again,

But agree he needs to go now Tevez

Also think this is just the start of thing to come, more problems than we all know about,

Champs league has come to quick for us maybe next year when we have won the league hopefully.
You have to be the dumbest idiot on internet! did you even watch the game?

Should have, could have, didn't come on... People, please stop the finger pointing and look to blame team selections or substitutions.

Bayern were superb. They cut out our creativity and forced errors into our game. Even if Tevez came on, we would still have lost the game...

bernarbia said:
Breadsnapper said:
We were poor and gave the ball away too easily. That is not Mancini's fault. Both goals shocking defending.

Quote of the year.

He's the manager, its not his fault lol
Meaning he can tell them what he wants but if they fall asleep as they did then there is fuck all he can do. Do you think he said go out and play like a bunch of clueless twats, pass the ball to the opposition and by the way carlos when I ask you to come on belittle the club and say no?
Fucking think before you try and make yourself billy big boots. It's not my fault your too fucking thick to interpret things correctly.
PS if you are going to say quote of the year then you have to use that quote you are ridiculing not change it otherwise it's kind of pointless. Another example of your stupidity.

Should not have switched Lescott for Kolo. With Vinny & Joleon we won the FA Cup, finished joint 2nd on points in the Prem, had the joint best defence in the league and are equal with Ushited on points at the top of the Prem right now.

I like Kolo a lot, and have no problem with him pushing Lescott for a place in the team, but to be absent for 7 months bar 1 league cup game and then start in a CL away match at Bayern is nuts.

Add to that the fact that this means Vinny switches position to left CB from right CB and no wonder we were at sixes and sevens a bit.

I know kolo has CL experience, but I'd take recent PL experience over a CL match 3 or 4 years ago.

Bringing on NDJ for Edin made sense... we needed to regain the midfield. After that... the soap opera that is "Tevez" took effect.

NSBFL said:
Should not have switched Lescott for Kolo. With Vinny & Joleon we won the FA Cup, finished joint 2nd on points in the Prem, had the joint best defence in the league and are equal with Ushited on points at the top of the Prem right now.

I like Kolo a lot, and have no problem with him pushing Lescott for a place in the team, but to be absent for 7 months bar 1 league cup game and then start in a CL away match at Bayern is nuts.

Add to that the fact that this means Vinny switches position to left CB from right CB and no wonder we were at sixes and sevens a bit.

I know kolo has CL experience, but I'd take recent PL experience over a CL match 3 or 4 years ago.

Bringing on NDJ for Edin made sense... we needed to regain the midfield. After that... the soap opera that is "Tevez" took effect.

good post

I am a very, very long time reader, but tonight is the first time I feel obliged to post. The performance, and antics have most likely prodded me into becoming a regular poster.

I guess it is easy to say after a poor run of games, but I doubt Dzeko as a top striker. I think his touch, shot, vision, and (quite importantly) attitude and personality is impressive. He is likeable. However, his mobility, turn of pace and consistency will unfortunately, in my opinion, reduce his chances of leading our strike force.

I very much like Clichy and Richards as our starting full backs. I feel Richards has the potential (which he is beginning to fulfil) to be a top right back who scares many opponents, and Clichy is extremely accomplished and well worth a place in a Champions League standard team. His pace and work rate particularly compliment are line up. Richards ability to head a ball is unchallenged.

I believe Milner may replace Barry in the near future based on recent performances, although currently perhaps his energy does not outweigh Barry's link play. I think Toure (Y) is an enigma; his technique, intelligence and personal standards (I hope that makes sense) are difficult to question. Yet he is simply not good enough to play as an AM player (Silva), or disciplined enough to play as a DM/box to box MF player. I hope De Jong/ Milner will be are strongest central midfield by the end of the season.

Lescott is clearly stronger than K. Toure next to Kompany, however he is clearly replaceable (sadly). Kompany is the bedrock of our defence, absolute quality in almost every department, but at 25! has much to learn which is evident in the Champions League this year. I have no doubt he will surpass Vidic/Ferdinand as the recognised best defender in the league.

I have probably made many simple and bland comments which many would agree with. I would like to finish by saying that I think we are currently the most tactically interesting team to watch in Europe, with our 4-2-3-1 attacking formation, which is trained by Mancini to have a strict defensive set-up.

Weather it takes 9 months, 18 months or 3-4 years, I have complete faith in Mancini to bring us domestic and European success, due to his determination, attention to detail, high standards, professionalism, charisma and arrogance. He is a winner, tonight has only re-enforced this.

Finally... Fuck Carlos Tevez. You overweight, disgraceful, unbelievably talented excuse for a Manchester City footballer. I have more faith in Balotelli than Adam Johnson. Bridge should never play for City again. De Jong is essential (him and Milner tackle, giving Silva more protection), give Hart a 15 year contract. Start 3 defensive midfielders away from home against a decent team and bring Nasri on if needed. Aguero (at 23) embarrasses are current strikers.

Above are a few of my opinions, please challenge them as I would greet a discussion. I don't think we have many problems. Just a few.

Support Mancini all you want with regard to Tevez. But, the OP is right.

You do not put a player who has played only one game in the past 7 months in a game against Bayern Munich in Munich in the CL. You just don't.

MyJeckyllDoesntHyde said:
Josh Blue said:
Fucking stupid thread! Hope you never make one again.
Idiot. This is the internet, there will be diversity of opinion. If you don't like it log off.

100% . we are not small club any more & we represent england there .....it was shame

bzekosilva said:
Josh Blue said:
Fucking stupid thread! Hope you never make one again.

THIS^^
Unfortunately the OP is correct. I had a bad feeling as soon as the team was announced at about 18:30 on here last night. Kolo is shit. In my eyes he lost his place in our team in that run of games around last November- early December last season when he was appalling against Stoke away and when he get skinned all game and sent off against Everton at home.

That was it for me. From that period on Kolo was a bench CH who gets starts in the League Cup. Lescott and Kompany have been a great partnership; they compliment each other. Lescott has been our best defender so far this season, yet he gets dropped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.