mancini needs to look at himself tonight

dctid said:
we got a serious twatting tonight - regardless of whom played Lescott or Toure we would still have got twatted - we got over run in midfield simple as that - the Barry / Toure combo did not work - Bayern played well within themselves in the second half

The reality is that we are not good enough at this level

Bayern did their homework and Silva and Nasri were crowded out - Aguero was poor poor poor which was worryin

Players let themselves down tonight

All except Joe Hart.

BlueJill said:
Support Mancini all you want with regard to Tevez. But, the OP is right.

You do not put a player who has played only one game in the past 7 months in a game against Bayern Munich in Munich in the CL. You just don't.
Agreed, and what is Lescott thinking atm, more problem to come from this wrong selection imo.

BibbyBlue85 said:
stephenB said:
0-2 down, deko off, jong on.
Didn't make sense to me.
But Bobby is still the special one.

Made perfect sense to me! We were getting completely overrun in midfield and Dzeko was simply not getting a sniff upfront. Everytime we went forward the ball was coming straight back at us! Even if the change hadnt been made and we subbed Nasri for Tevez we wouldn't have got anywhere because we simply couldn't get hold of the ball or break their midfield down.

I think Dzeko has worked hard and Kun nergers is found. This loss is grateful he has his big mistake easiness RM

Mancini has fucked with the defence for both games, last nights decision to replace Lescott with Kolo was a bad mistake, he cannot have been match fit.

I didn't agree with Mancini starting Kolo over Lescott, for me that was a poor decision but i don't think Kolo did much wrong to be honest. Maybe he could have done better for the second goal in terms of reacting to the save from Joe Hart in the same way Clichy could have done for the first goal

I personally wouldn't have played Nasri and would have played Milner instead. Having said that i thought for 35 minutes we played well, we should have had a penalty, we were knocking the ball about nicely, had most of the possession and limited Bayern to shots from long range. Goals change games though and going in 1-0 at half time would have meant we still had a great chance to get something out of it but conceding the second right on half time was a massive blow

Second half we were very poor, we stood off them and never really got back into the game which was disappointing. Lessons to be learn both in terms of the manager and the players but i don't think Mancini needs to take a look at himself. Against top teams sometimes you'll come out worse off and that happened last night, theres still 4 games to turn it around and we can do it

We've had a great start to the season and we need to ensure we get back on track on Saturday against Blackburn

I understand and respect his thinking for starting Kolo Toure but I don't agree with his reasons. What does concern me is that Mancini has managed in the Champions League before. It wasn't the mistake of a novice.

heads went down to easy 2nd half we were shown up i couldnt watch ...we need to start winning i was so lookim forward to champ leauge all season now im dreading it

Don't see how replacing Lescott with Kolo had anything to do with last nights result. We would have got beat regardless.

Personally I prefer Kolo. Lescott just doesn't look comfortable on the ball.

Was really surprised that Bobby picked Kolo. However my biggest concern was Barry and the invisible man Yaya. Fux sake he was terrible.

blueonblue said:
Lescott has been the weak link in defence from the off, he has improved from last year to be fair, but look at the goals against us this season and most are down to him, I think he will be replaced in the next transfer window anyway.

Kolo has experience of CL and is a far better player (Imo), and if you need to point the finger at anyone Barry had a hand in both their goals yet played well apart from the two errors.

I give up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.