mancini on sky sport

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
At this point I can only conclude that no matter what response he had last week or this week or any other would be the absolute wrong move in your mind. I honestly really like reading your posts and find you have good opinions for the most part, but this is a bit much.

If Arsene Wenger or Ferguson or any other manager in the league for that matter had been asked that question in response to that story I daresay not one of them would have answered as glibly as Mancini did. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp and why my feeling this way is somehow proof positive of some imagined agenda I have against Mancini. I too like your posts but I'm really fucking sick to the back teeth of not being allowed to give a rational and considered opinion without being pilloried for it.

Mancini has made an arse of himself today by reacting in the way he did. No doubt there will now be more stories about the pressure he's feeling. All because he needed the world to know how many "situations" he gets offered each year. You're going to find a lot more people agree with me than don't. Bluemoon isn't a barometer for anything when it comes to Mancini.

He proved last season he knows what he's doing with his comments to the press, they're putty in his hands so i'm guessing Mancini has acted like this to suit his own agenda.

He's definitely a shrewd cookie regarding the press.

Tbh Billy, you'd try and find faults in most things he does.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
At this point I can only conclude that no matter what response he had last week or this week or any other would be the absolute wrong move in your mind. I honestly really like reading your posts and find you have good opinions for the most part, but this is a bit much.

If Arsene Wenger or Ferguson or any other manager in the league for that matter had been asked that question in response to that story I daresay not one of them would have answered as glibly as Mancini did. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept to grasp and why my feeling this way is somehow proof positive of some imagined agenda I have against Mancini. I too like your posts but I'm really fucking sick to the back teeth of not being allowed to give a rational and considered opinion without being pilloried for it.

Mancini has made an arse of himself today by reacting in the way he did. No doubt there will now be more stories about the pressure he's feeling. All because he needed the world to know how many "situations" he gets offered each year. You're going to find a lot more people agree with me than don't. Bluemoon isn't a barometer for anything when it comes to Mancini.
Well I don't think I've pilloried you to be honest. I only think you have a bit of a blind spot in this regard. We all have them to be honest.

I do agree with you that the press department should have made clear those questions were off limits. I do wonder at times what our press department does as it seems to constantly be a bit of a weak link.

BillyShears said:
That press conference was the essence of a manager under pressure. Results in the CL aside, the pressure he has brought upon himself.

Once again Roberto - I could care fucking less how many "situations" you have each year to move clubs. You shouldn't have answered Friday's question so glibly. Having a go at a journalist for asking you to clarify the comments you volunteered is daft. In future just shut up and do your job and tell the press to fuck off when they ask you a loaded question.

Don't know what would have been the best way for him to answer it tbh, but what is clear, is the answer he did give, wasn't the best. It comes across to me as almost a little arrogant...'yes i did have all these clubs wanting me...'. But as you, and others have said, this is where we need PR to brief him and others on what to say and what not to say.

What I have always said about Mancini though, and it remains his biggest downfall is his emotion. It's a fine line, as his emotion can be used as a strength. But in interviews the press can jump all over it. He comes out and says things in the heat of the moment that he then later goes back on: Tevez and Balotelli not playing again being key ones. I can't remember what he exactly said about Balotelli after the Arsenal game, but it was something along those lines. And perhaps if it was down to him Tevez would have never played again, but still, the point remains, he needs to be a little cooler in interviews from time to time, particularly post match interviews- this is when he is at his worst- Hart after Madrid is another example.

Something isn't right with Mancini though- I'm not a body language expert, but the way he just came out before the second half and sat on his own at west ham was a bit odd. I know he has done this before, but I didn't like it then, and don't really like it now. He doesn't seem happy/ comfortable, which links in with what Tolmie is saying.

Last thing- not reliable at all, but a regular taxi driver of my dad took us to the train station today. He is also Taxi driver for Yaya- reckons he has been pretty miserable ever since Silva has signed a new contract. I would lean toward the argument that his lesser performances are due to the fact he is obviously carrying an injury, but if anyone wants to read more into it, there is something I heard....doesn't like not being Mr No.1

jay_mcfc said:
Oh yeah it's Pep now. The man that single handedly won everything.... with perhaps the best team there has ever been.
Perhaps? Well... yeah there were a couple of AC Milan and Real Madrid squads that could contest the claim.

NipHolmes said:
flb said:
NipHolmes said:
The media through repetition and familiarity create 'truth'. The power they hav eis truely remarkable. An innocent man can be 'guilty' in a day and his/her life ruined. Take that murder in Bristol where the landlord got the blame whislt it was actually that weird dutch bloke. I have texts from mates asking what's up with Mancini and why is the team not playing for him, remember these people don't watch us for 90min+ and they don't care enough to find out the supposed truth. So many believe what is spouted on MOTD, Pundit panels and Journos provide information which is treated as 'truth'.

In all fairness we haven't looked great have we? Chelsea are playing the football we did of early lasy year and we look out of sorts and on our way out of Europe. We are the medias bread and butter just like any other club (bar United) would be in our situation. Whilst I don't agree with the diatribe they write and say they are merely doing their jobs.

Chelsea's football's that good that they got beat of Donetsk,Shafted off United at home in the PL,conceded 4 at home against United in the Capital Cup and picked up a point at Swansea away.

Ditto a similar run of results for Arsenal and Tottenham got dicked off Wigan at home.

Meanwhile the press deem it acceptable to slag "Mancini and all the money he has spent" willy nilly for the past 12 months.

There's more of a crisis at Stamford Bridge and the Emirates than there is at the Etihad-my God City and Mancini really upset the Fleet Street mob last game of last season,you can see them all now tearing up there press reports slating Mancini as Sergio's goal slammed the back of the net.

Tolm was right-the real hatred started after that game and the way we are seeing Mancini recently is testament to it-the club's communication department are letting him down big time.

United should have beaten United and losing to Shaktar is no joke, they too have a good outfit.

I meant style of football by the way. Mata is doing what Silva did and Hazard and Oscar have both been good purchases.

I am of the opinion they will fall apart in the deep winter and lose a few games an RDM's name is in the back pages with Pep looking the likely candidate.

I think we will be lucky to win league unless we strengthen in Jan. A world class CM is paramount. Makes those happy clappers who said we did great business in summer look daft. Whom fills in for Yaya and whom helps carry ball from back to front on pitch, that question was asked last year and remains unanwered. Moutinho nearly went to Spurs for £24mill, a snip at that price.

I make you right with everything else you posted though, public enemy no.1, you sneeze and the daggers are out. Welcome to the top...

Thing is fella the daggers were out for Bob before he won anything, on your other points Chelsea playing our style of football because Abromovich insists on it, the club to him is just a real version of Fifa 13 and if and when he does get Pep and he doesn't win three CL's in a better fashion than last year he will in my opinion then bow out of Stamford Bridge.City play a style of football that suit the manager and i agree that RDM is on borrowed time already.

Mancini is fully aware that our new CEO and DOF have strong ties with Pep,make no mistake, Pep will be managing a club in the PL next season.

He barely raised his eyebrows but that doesn't stop media to write like he almost punched journos. DM title "Feal the heat, Roberto?" (I'll never understand why City don't ban that paper for good)

On other side, if he was making that "joke" on Friday, he should be ready to continue with it and cynically answer on today's question again like he did the other day.

Brings himself under unnecessary pressure. Should learn til now what kid of twats English journos are.

taconinja said:
I do agree with you that the press department should have made clear those questions were off limits. I do wonder at times what our press department does as it seems to constantly be a bit of a weak link.

Quite right too. Whatever the reasons behind that story from last week, it was a ****'s trick by whoever leaked it. City should've squashed it and briefed Mancini to squash it. The fact that a) they didn't squash it and b) Mancini made it worse with his "six or seven clubs" comments - isn't good enough IMO. Strong leadership from the top down is imperative and at times it feels like we constantly have different factions within the club bitching at each other.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Mancini as a manager or of how the team are performing. It's about behaving like a big club, showing the type of class which i imagine our owners want, and not feeding the press machine.

jay_mcfc said:
Oh yeah it's Pep now. The man that single handedly won everything.... with perhaps the best team there has ever been.

The prospect of having Guardiola as manager scares me a bit. I don't think we'll have much idea of how good a manager he really is until he manages someone other than Barcelona. He could be incredibly good or he could turn out to be another Frank Rijkaard.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:

Quite right too. Whatever the reasons behind that story from last week, it was a ****'s trick by whoever leaked it. City should've squashed it and briefed Mancini to squash it. The fact that a) they didn't squash it and b) Mancini made it worse with his "six or seven clubs" comments - isn't good enough IMO. Strong leadership from the top down is imperative and at times it feels like we constantly have different factions within the club bitching at each other.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Mancini as a manager or of how the team are performing. It's about behaving like a big club, showing the type of class which i imagine our owners want, and not feeding the press machine.
In a sense, I'm not sure the club has been or continues to be prepared for the style of journalism. My impression is they thought winning the Premier League would vindicate the decisions of the past few years (I think it has) and that the reporting would change. If anything it seems to have intensified the phenomenon of looking for an angle on how City are about to yet again fall apart. I really can't think of another major club that is consistently gone after in this fashion and no I don't think there's an organized agenda. I only think they want a story to sell papers, but they don't constantly try to hector their managers and players unless the person in question is obviously in trouble, e.g. AVB.

Lancet Fluke said:
jay_mcfc said:

The prospect of having Guardiola as manager scares me a bit. I don't think we'll have much idea of how good a manager he really is until he manages someone other than Barcelona. He could be incredibly good or he could turn out to be another Frank Rijkaard.

No need to worry mate. We have a title winning manager signed to a 5 yr contract who has proven credentials in the league he is in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.