mancini on sky sport

The scum media smell blood and seeing they have always had it in for Bobby ever since he replaced the media love child Leslie Hughes. They look for any angle for a weakness with Bobby yet the overrated Hughes is still amazing getting such an easy ride with especially the written press. Maybe it was all that inside information he was feeding them about the club since he was rightly sacked.

Tevez City said:
I understand Mancini's frustration with the reporter, but lets hope he didn't see him self as untouchable !

Manchester City team cost ( Transfer Fees+Wages) is higher than the combined cost of Ajax and Dortmund.

I accept defeats against any team, but I don't accept that City didn't show up yet this year in the Champions League !

3 below average performances, and there is only one man to blame called Mancini.
Show up, Madrid away was nearly one of our greatest results. When I say our, I obviously dont include yourself.

dancity19 said:
BillyShears said:
That press conference was the essence of a manager under pressure. Results in the CL aside, the pressure he has brought upon himself.

Once again Roberto - I could care fucking less how many "situations" you have each year to move clubs. You shouldn't have answered Friday's question so glibly. Having a go at a journalist for asking you to clarify the comments you volunteered is daft. In future just shut up and do your job and tell the press to fuck off when they ask you a loaded question.

Don't know what would have been the best way for him to answer it tbh, but what is clear, is the answer he did give, wasn't the best. It comes across to me as almost a little arrogant...'yes i did have all these clubs wanting me...'. But as you, and others have said, this is where we need PR to brief him and others on what to say and what not to say.

What I have always said about Mancini though, and it remains his biggest downfall is his emotion. It's a fine line, as his emotion can be used as a strength. But in interviews the press can jump all over it. He comes out and says things in the heat of the moment that he then later goes back on: Tevez and Balotelli not playing again being key ones. I can't remember what he exactly said about Balotelli after the Arsenal game, but it was something along those lines. And perhaps if it was down to him Tevez would have never played again, but still, the point remains, he needs to be a little cooler in interviews from time to time, particularly post match interviews- this is when he is at his worst- Hart after Madrid is another example.

Something isn't right with Mancini though- I'm not a body language expert, but the way he just came out before the second half and sat on his own at west ham was a bit odd. I know he has done this before, but I didn't like it then, and don't really like it now. He doesn't seem happy/ comfortable, which links in with what Tolmie is saying.

Last thing- not reliable at all, but a regular taxi driver of my dad took us to the train station today. He is also Taxi driver for Yaya- reckons he has been pretty miserable ever since Silva has signed a new contract. I would lean toward the argument that his lesser performances are due to the fact he is obviously carrying an injury, but if anyone wants to read more into it, there is something I heard....doesn't like not being Mr No.1

The old taxi driver itk shit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/roberto-mancini-and-other-memorable-sports-press-conferences-2349628.html?action=gallery&ino=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tenn ... lery&ino=1</a>

LOL

Just watched his press conference and, like some others on here, I felt it was about time Mancini took issue with some of these journos. He has been too gracious and accommodating with them for too long. They ask him questions they wouldn't dare ask Ferguson and Roberto has been too open and honest with them in the past and, in doing so, has revealed more than he probably should. Next time, I hope he just gives them the glare and either sidesteps the question or threatens to end the press conference if questions designed to undermine him persist.

I admire Gaz Baz as a player but his press conference was almost cringeworthy. Dealing with the media clearly isn't easy for the average footballer.

Just watched the press conference and don't see what the fuss is about to make this a 20 odd page thread.

For me he said to the reporter that on Friday when asked about the Monaco links and others that out of politeness he replied. The same reporter asks a similar question so Mancini put him in his place.

Good for Mancini. These fuckwits live off gossip and made up stories.

BillyShears said:
That press conference was the essence of a manager under pressure. Results in the CL aside, the pressure he has brought upon himself.

Once again Roberto - I could care fucking less how many "situations" you have each year to move clubs. You shouldn't have answered Friday's question so glibly. Having a go at a journalist for asking you to clarify the comments you volunteered is daft. In future just shut up and do your job and tell the press to fuck off when they ask you a loaded question.
Jesus, he can answer any questions however he sees fit, be it Fridays or today's, he's earn that right, you have no right however to demand how he should act. What the fuck gives you the right to tell him to shut up and do his job. His job is trophies and he does that just fuckin fine. Every quality manager handles the press how they want unless we must have billy's way.

The press are doing what they always do and that is to try and destabilise any threat to their beloved Utd but we should stay strong and release a statement as a club to shut these rats up.

Tevez City said:
I understand Mancini's frustration with the reporter, but lets hope he didn't see him self as untouchable !

Manchester City team cost ( Transfer Fees+Wages) is higher than the combined cost of Ajax and Dortmund.

I accept defeats against any team, but I don't accept that City didn't show up yet this year in the Champions League !

3 below average performances, and there is only one man to blame called Mancini.
There is absolutely no way in the world the joke effort from the players against Ajax after being in complete control was Mancini's fault !

Mancini did well not to walk out. They treated him with a serious lack of respect, and by extension our football club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.