mancini or mourinho? or mancini vrs mourinho

You can all fuck off now. Jose is gorgeous and must be our next manager.

m27 said:
de niro said:
he has the tools, he just uses them wrong.
the ONLY way for mancini to succede is to give his 3 year deal now, stop putting points targets on and let him build the squad with players that understand what the fuck he's on about.
those players are hard to find though, i suggest he tries oxford or cambridge and i dont mean the footy teams:)

That's a quite baffling set of views in my opinion.

If the players we have cannot understand or put into practice tactics which are based on shape, ball retention and passing to feet then that tells you more about the players we have, not the manager.

How can you say "He has the tools, he just uses them wrong?" after such a short amount of time in charge and with our fate firmly in our own hands fresh on the back of a 4-2 win at Stamford Bridge?

we have the players, had roy hodgson been in charge we'd piss 4th. purely cos he knows them prem, bob has no clue what this league is all about.
with jose these players would win the league.

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
Yours are all "maybes"! There is no speculation on my part... just a different way of looking at the situation.

You don't know the exact contract situation... only the club would know that for certain, and if you can provide evidence I will accept it... otherwise it's still speculation.

I am only giving alternative reasons for your questions. And you can't disagree with a single element of it... can you?

What have I said that is wrong? Is my defence "reasonable"... the balance of proof certainly doesn't point to Mancini being "out" in the summer.

But we can only wait... the bet is on!

It's just my opinion on how I read things... just like yours was... yes?

-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 pm --

You forgot to address the "he didn't spend money" and "he's got no staff with him" points... but, hey, like you say, your answer was a lot quicker than mine!

He bought one young player who we have been tracking a long time.

And one has-been on a temporary deal for...6 months.
And he loaned one player out for...erm...6 months...

With regards to the backroom team, he was given a number two from within the existing setup. A bloke he had probably barely heard of. How many times has that happened before?

Anyway, you are right, all will become clear in due course....

Ooh, I can't let you get away with that without a response!

You didn't mention the two players he failed to get in due to contractual problems costing a cool £22m... showing that the club indeed did expect to support him... or are you suggesting this was all some conspiracy and that the owners only pretended to let him try and sign those two players before "accidentally on purpose" cocking the deals up!

And the coach, Brian Kidd, that was foisted upon him? And you say how many times hads that happened before?

Go on, I'll bite... Ray Wilkins currently working under Ancelotti at Chelsea... Phil Thompson who was working under Rafa when he took over at Liverpool... Pat Rice who was working behind the scenes at Arsenal long before Arsene came on board and made him assistant manager... that's three of the top 4 clubs in the country who have done this very thing... seemingly okay for them to do, but when we do it it's a sign of the manager's weak position!

Har-de-har!

There is not one single argument to prove the existence of any deal that will see Mancini leave in the summer... well none that I have heard so far.

He might very well go... I just seriously doubt it.

One large humble pie is going to ready for one of us real soon!

And on that point I think we must agree to disagree.

I would be quite happy for Mancini to stay provided he is given at least 5 seasons. Not too fussed about Mourinho, he tends to more on every couple of seasons and that's not what we need right now; management stability will be the key to our success.

de niro said:
m27 said:

If the players we have cannot understand or put into practice tactics which are based on shape, ball retention and passing to feet then that tells you more about the players we have, not the manager.

How can you say "He has the tools, he just uses them wrong?" after such a short amount of time in charge and with our fate firmly in our own hands fresh on the back of a 4-2 win at Stamford Bridge?

we have the players, had roy hodgson been in charge we'd piss 4th. purely cos he knows them prem, bob has no clue what this league is all about.

I admire your faith in the players we have but I'm afraid we are the following away from a title winning side no matter who is in charge:

- A right back who can defend but who is also comfortable on the ball;
- A box to box midfielder;
- A playmaker.

Stevie Ireland is not the answer to all our midfield problems. Our central midfield is awash with one dimensional midfielders and the only one on the books that would genuinely improve it has a long-term injury.

Give Mancini the cheque book and I have no doubt he will buy the above and we'll be title contenders.

However, if Jose takes over I won't be shedding any tears, I just think Mancini deserves a bit more respect than he's getting at the moment.

Post match edit: I've just watched Inter beat Chelsea with similar tactics to Mancini but with true class in the midfield and right back areas we we are so badly lacking.

I agree..Mancini has not shown in any way to be incompetent. Yes, he is still learning the league, yes he is still setting up 'his' style, 'his' team, so don't expect everything to flow perfectly.

As for the midfield, how good was Sneijder today? Tut-tut.

I respect opinions, the same way some people had good arguments against Hughes (I tried to reason) and now some feel similarly about Mancini.

What I struggle to understand is de niro in this case. In many Hughes out threads, we agreed that a supporter should just put faith into the owners and the board to decide who is the best man for the job. - that's what I posted anyway and I have quite literal proof of him agreeing to me. Now though, he's the one I'd direct those words at. Strange times, eh?

Dhenry said:

I agree..Mancini has not shown in any way to be incompetent. Yes, he is still learning the league, yes he is still setting up 'his' style, 'his' team, so don't expect everything to flow perfectly.

As for the midfield, how good was Sneijder today? Tut-tut.

I respect opinions, the same way some people had good arguments against Hughes (I tried to reason) and now some feel similarly about Mancini.

What I struggle to understand is de niro in this case. In many Hughes out threads, we agreed that a supporter should just put faith into the owners and the board to decide who is the best man for the job. - that's what I posted anyway and I have quite literal proof of him agreeing to me. Now though, he's the one I'd direct those words at. Strange times, eh?

we do have to put our faith in our owners, i also have faith in the fact that they realise they have dropped one. we are caought between plans.
should have either left hughes till summer,give bob 3 years, say its a temp appointment till jose takes over, i think we, the players, in fact the whole club is in limbo.

de niro said:
m27 said:

Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.