mancini or mourinho? or mancini vrs mourinho

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy, can't recall the bet...however if it was a wager with regards the discussions that have already taken place, it's pennies nobody can call in!

No sense of insight, varying of percentages etc, will ultimately be prudent enough to second guess Jose.

I would still hang my hat on Jose, however, have conceded Real is the great fly in the ointment.

He will not come to any other club in England at present, other than City.

I've got £50 on Dunguib to win in the 1.30 at Cheltenham today.

It should piss it, but the reason it wasn't a ton is down to the unknown.

Led to believe Mancini held a meeting in the team hotel the night before Chelsea game with Cook and Marwood, about targets.

It's 70 points mate - that could easily suggest Mancini still has it in his own hands - and that Champs League is not a pre-requisite.

However, if this was the case, it also suggests that City's board were concerned enough to think we were going to fall short.

I don't go for this honourable thing, either. As Billy Shears says, if Jose gives form wink, the owners will press the button.

I agree it would be very harsh, but they proved with the Hughes fall-out, they will not blink if it needs to happen.

I think Mancini is a 'great bloke' and his full case cannot be made as he has not bought his own players, but he might still be prevented from making it.

Top post mate.

But, yes, we did discuss a bet about Mourinho, and like DD you stated you could get better odds at the bookies, so we let it lie.

I have no problem whatsoever if the board decide that Mourinho is to be in charge next season, irrespective of what Mancini achieves. I only ever want what is best for City.

However, on a personal level I would be prepared to stick with Mancini as I have faith that he can deliver.

My caveats about Jose are simply that I don't believe he is interested in coming to us in the summer. I've read a fair bit about him and I doubt if City are his number one choice in the summer... and I even disagree with you that only City are in the frame if he comes backk to England, as I believe Liverpool would find the cash for him, and we're even behind the scousers as his next choice of job.

How could I be disappointed if Jose took over? Obviously I wouldn't. But I just don't believe he would come to us.

It's only my opinion for God's sake! Stop picking on me!

You have a good reasoned argument, but you have to understand the mechanics when you bring Liverpool into the equation.

Forget the £100m buy-in, this money is a first charge to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

All this is aimed towards reducing the loan book at the bank, who basically hold a gun to their head and will not refinance again, without lower liabilities.

Rafa Benitiez, personally, is guaranteed £18m for being sacked, along with a backroom team of another £5m.

Liverpool don't even have this now.

Jose is the highest-paid manager in the world on £12m a year - so Liverpool would also have to find best part of £36m just for three years.

The club also have to buy-out the £5m buy-out clause in his Inter contract.

His staff are also another expensive addition.

So that's £64m before they even get to discuss signing players, something Jose has made an issue of at Inter.

Without potentially Champs League football, also...

You might be right if Liverpool had best part of £200m to throw at the entire project - they don't pal.

Ask Torres how many players he feels they require.

Unless Jose fancies working for peanuts (and he's a real pound note man BTW) and can cope with what he has, forget it.

Liverpool is a complete non-starter - it's City, Real, possibly even Inter if he somehow wins Champs League this season.

Although his ego will no doubt let him walk off into the sunset with a fook you and I told you so to Inter.

I'd love Mourinho at City. But why do people still bring this up. It was something that was mentioned when the owners first took over and hasn't been thought about (other than by us fans) since.

I think he's happy in Italy.

BlakeTheBlue said:
I'd love Mourinho at City. But why do people still bring this up. It was something that was mentioned when the owners first took over and hasn't been thought about (other than by us fans) since.

It gets brought up because lots of people in and around the club believe that there has been significant dialogue between the two parties on an ongoing basis.

The appointment of Mancini and the circumstances around it have intensified this speculation.

Noone knows for definite, of course, beyond a small circle at City and around Mourinho.

But there are a fair number of people with contacts at the club who believe this will happen. As Tolmie said, though, nothing is certain.

i disagree completely with this view on jose, that he just wins stuff and does one,
not a man on the planet could have took porto any further than he did so he left here, and he was pushed out of the door at chelsea, hel only b at inter for the year, but he hates hit, they dont like him, he misses england

BlakeTheBlue said:

I think the one thing in this debate that can be stated with 100% confidence is that he is not happy in Italy.

Inter Milan Fan here.

I watched the match against Sunderland and I have seen in that second half my Inter when Macio was here! Putting pressure on the opponent for 40 minutes no breaks!
This is what Mancini likes more! Unfortunately you do not have the right playesr to do so! Did you see when you scored he run to call the players to keep playing to score again! This is Macio !

Mourinho is miserably failing at Inter. He got fewer points than Mancini 3 years ago and he got a better team!

I hope he will come back to Inter one day!

If he lives City in the summer he will remain in England!! Liverpool????

Ciao

Prestwich_Blue said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Hope never Maurinho

Forgot just what a pompous, odious, egotistical little shit he was.
Oh - and throw in boring football.
Yes he wins things - but so would John Barnes at the Clubs he's been at!
Typical tabloid press myths about Mourinho. Instead of regurgitating this stuff, read something meaningful about him and you'll realise this is far from the truth.

-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 pm --

Ricster said:
Mancini for me. The more i see the style of his play, the more i realise with his own players in the summer we could be on for something very special.
You mean we could be the first team to put out 7 defensive midfielders?

What - Like his autobiogrphy!!!

Think you need to read more.
Oh and I don't read tabloid press

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.