Mancini or Pep era?

Pep era from a purely footballing perspective, probably the Mancini era for the nostalgia and memories because it delivered the best match I’ve ever been to - agueroooooo

I'm impressed that people are still trying to attribute this to his record - the club allowing it to be leaked the morning of the cup final and the players that downed tools on him are responsible for that particular debacle.

Next you'll be blaming him for the signings of Rodwell, Sinclair and Maicon........... ;-)
I quite agree. That cup final defeat was entirely on the upstairs men at the club who leaked it on the morning of the cup final. For all the good they have done - and there's been an inordinate amount to be fair - to leak THAT news on the morning of a major final was simply done to try and ensure the manager didn't win another major trophy as sacking him then would have been very difficult to accept.

But to answer the OP question, I don't see it as an either/or scenario. I love them both.

After the euro ban Pep stood up to be counted and that must never be forgotten but for sheer bloody minded brilliance and having a connection with the fan base Mancini is unbeatable in the last 40 years. If and when Pep leaves us I would crawl over broken glass to get Mancini back. I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. As would many tens of thousands of blues I would imagine.

Many of mancinis team have been the backbone of our success this last few years. The man was a god to any blue worthy of the name.

If I have to make a choice, it's Bobby all day long. I love what City have done under Pep and he's a class act, but the sheer joy and excitement of the club being built under Mancini not to mention the better class of player he brought to the club - have any of Peps signings been as good? I say not. Preferred Horton to both mind you!!

Bob all day long ... he got our heart ache and he delivered. Never ever forget his grin at the swamp at the 1-6 and the “ yap yap” to fergie at our place. Some will have keegan (rightly so) joe and Manuel and pep but bobs my man for me! might be for nostalgia he got the banner ripped down yes he’s my man.

Under Bobby we had a spine of steel throughout the team (Hart, Vinny, Silva/Yaya & Sergio-supplemented with the robustness of Zabba, Tevez and NDJ). Under Pep sadly we do not despite playing some lovely fuseball at times.

Under Bobby we had a spine of steel throughout the team (Hart, Vinny, Silva/Yaya & Sergio-supplemented with the robustness of Zabba, Tevez and NDJ). Under Pep sadly we do not despite playing some lovely fuseball at times.

100 points under Pep plus an extra trophy

I was more in love with the game when Mancini was manager. Maybe that plays a big part in me preferring him. With VAR and dodgy decisions I feel more disconnected now than ever. Trophy's are great but we all know where we came from and why we love the game and for me a manager who shows fight and love for the club means more, a manager who knows us fans better than we know ourselves. His player's did the same. A disconnection with supporters comes with success. When Bobby Manc was here and certain players were here we felt like a family. Pep feels like the step dad after who has his own kids and he can be a bit of a prick at times. He may be awesome and spoil you but you miss dads little quirks and way's and the good old day's yano. Probably sounds a bit of an odd analogy but just my thoughts. Lol

Last edited:

Spine of steel?

Let's do Mancini title season vs Peps 1st eh?

Pts 89 --- 100
Wins 28 --- 32
Draws 5 --- 4
Loses 5 --- 2
GF 93 --- 106
GA 29 --- 27
GD 64 --- 79

What about Mancini's title defence Vs Peps?

Oh bugger? Pep won back to back titles

Let's do last season's champions Vs Mancini's steel Champions.

Pts 78 --- 81
Wins 23 --- 28
Draws 9 --- 3
Loses 6 --- 9
GF 66 --- 102
GA 34 --- 35

Oh look the steel champions conceded 1 goal less, but wait what? They scored nearly a goal per game less than Pep's lovely fuseball side.

Steel my arse pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.