Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonycunninghamsbonce said:
Leave kiddo out of this, he's got a job 4life whoever is manager, good points made about bob and trophies but we can't sack all the players, I wanna see some fire starting on Sunday.

I agree. Kiddo brings that extra optimistic vibe need in the camp and seems like the type of guy who would put an arm around the players if they weren't performing to their full potential. Most importantly though he's got key info on how the mind of Fergie works and what makes him tick which is vital if we're going to continue our success.

mayo31 said:
A bloke calling himself or called Louis Cooper wrote this on the MUEN. Great post and one I agree with:

Let us not forget, that the self professed 'biggest club in the world' won NOTHING last season. Arsenal have won nothing for 7 years. I don't recall any sackings.

Let us not forget, Mancini has won FA Cup, League and CS in 3 years at the club. EVERY City fan would have snapped RM's hand off with that promise 3 years ago. In the beginning, Ferguson won nothing for 5 years - even after massive player investments (Webb, Ince, Pallister etc). It took Fergie 13 years to win the CL. And for such a great manager he has only won 2 out of 20. Mourinho has won as many in less than one third of the time. Of the current crop of PL Managers, only Wenger and Ferguson have won more than Mancini.

Let us not forget that Mancini is 48. Wenger is 63. Ferguson is 71 and both have much more knowledge and experience than RM. He will get better and learn. You can't compare him to any of the others. It's like comparing on old pro to a player breaking through and learning his trade.

I do think the next 12 games will tell us all we need to know - i.e. if we fight to the end. But Mancini has to improve - like everyone else. He needs to improve his body language, his engagement with players and his decision making in team selection and tactics (especially in Europe). His self awareness and desire to improve will be the key to staying or going. Also his solidarity with Txiki and the owner.

Let's not forget, a change will play into the hands of our rivals.

Is Mancini's offering acceptable? Is 2 out of 3 trophy winning seasons acceptable (not forgetting this season is not over yet) after 3 full seasons in charge?

Damn right it is.

FORZA MANCINI

What a good post. Everyone at the club is learning all the time.

CC1 said:
mayo31 said:
A bloke calling himself or called Louis Cooper wrote this on the MUEN. Great post and one I agree with:

Let us not forget, that the self professed 'biggest club in the world' won NOTHING last season. Arsenal have won nothing for 7 years. I don't recall any sackings.

Let us not forget, Mancini has won FA Cup, League and CS in 3 years at the club. EVERY City fan would have snapped RM's hand off with that promise 3 years ago. In the beginning, Ferguson won nothing for 5 years - even after massive player investments (Webb, Ince, Pallister etc). It took Fergie 13 years to win the CL. And for such a great manager he has only won 2 out of 20. Mourinho has won as many in less than one third of the time. Of the current crop of PL Managers, only Wenger and Ferguson have won more than Mancini.

Let us not forget that Mancini is 48. Wenger is 63. Ferguson is 71 and both have much more knowledge and experience than RM. He will get better and learn. You can't compare him to any of the others. It's like comparing on old pro to a player breaking through and learning his trade.

I do think the next 12 games will tell us all we need to know - i.e. if we fight to the end. But Mancini has to improve - like everyone else. He needs to improve his body language, his engagement with players and his decision making in team selection and tactics (especially in Europe). His self awareness and desire to improve will be the key to staying or going. Also his solidarity with Txiki and the owner.

Is Mancini's offering acceptable? Is 2 out of 3 trophy winning seasons acceptable (not forgetting this season is not over yet) after 3 full seasons in charge?

Damn right it is.

FORZA MANCINI

What a good post. Everyone at the club is learning all the time.
agreed it does make you think, great post mate very balanced too

There is only one man I am willing to let Mancini leave for and that is Mourinho. I would of taken Pep obviously but now lets wait for Jose and then with the talent we have in our squad we will walk the league each year and kill off baconface.

mayo31 said:

Damn right it is.

FORZA MANCINI

Great post, couldn't agree more

Hello C.MR - this is how it works:
I'm right - you're all wrong , anyone who disagrees with me is a rag !
Simples!

Mancini or ......

.... Rafa Benitez. Cos that's who we'd likely end up with. Or even Fabio Capello for gods sake..

Be careful what you wish for....

(Sorry, couldn't resist posting this, I'm feeling mischievous!!!)

Mod note: (Sorry, couldn't resist merging this with one of the many existing threads it could have gone in.)

Some great posts and arguments,for and against.At 49 years of age,you all know what I have been through,as well as everyone else of a similar age.Watching our blues over the last 40 odd years has been so painful,what we have won in recent seasons,and of sheik mansours takeover is nothing short of a miracle,when I meet my maker I will be a happier man.
MY POINT however,is of mancinis management style,his autocratic style will not in my opinion work amongst highly paid players,and millionaires.Man management and motivating,is equally important as his command coaching style,my biggest problem is the shelf life of his style,winning trophies,can extend the shelf life,however our failure to build on last seasons success,has meant we have moved backwards,the team itself has not produced anywhere near it's potential.
Last weekends performance reminded me of some of our performances under SVEN,and we all know that outcome.
The only manager who could come in to our club,and improve the current players attitude is obvious,we are only a couple of players short of matching last seasons success,
If Jose Mourinho became available,we would be fools not to welcome him,his reputation and records speak for themselves,he would get more from the current crop of players and his game plans get results.I am not a Mancini hater,Blues should have more respect,but I want a happier face around the first team,and less confrontation with the players none of this is very helpful in the present circumstances,the media love it,it multiplys each passing week.
Even a FA cup success would not dampen my desire to see Jose at the helm,on the basis he had a minimum of 4 year contract,we have a fantastic project and that would possibly be something he could throw himself into,ONLY TIME WILL TELL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.