Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seosa said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Ever seen the tom & jerry cartoon where the cat misjudges a leap and hits the side of a ship - digs his nails in and proceeds to slowly slide down the side into the water?

Remind you of anyone.................

Pictorally, a good description in reference to Mancini. Sad, but not far off at all.

To be honest, I instantly thought of that guy at Madrid.

i just want a manager who will improve us in the CL, forget this bollocks people spout saying they would prefer the prem, the champions league is a dream, nothing better than watching our wonderful club compete with bayern, real etc,

i dont think we will ever progress in europe under bobby as our football is too slow and teams pass through us so easily...

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
i just want a manager who will improve us in the CL, forget this bollocks people spout saying they would prefer the prem, the champions league is a dream, nothing better than watching our wonderful club compete with bayern, real etc,

i dont think we will ever progress in europe under bobby as our football is too slow and teams pass through us so easily...

I agree.

The European Cup is definitely the big one and it is the prize that puts a club into the bracket of the greatest teams in the world.

Arsenal have won their fair share of league titles, but they will never be spoken in the same breath as Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Milan and unfortunately United because they have no European Cup glory.

League titles are your bread and butter, but European glory is what promotes a club to the dizzy heights of world football in which you can be talked about in relation to historic value, the brand of being a 'big' club, big revenue for the club etc..

Mancini is easily capable of winning us a few more titles, but will he get us European glory I don't know?!

But are we being too greedy too soon? The money spent should say we should be challenging for Euro glory, but we all know nothing in football is guaranteed.

Simeone wouldn't be bad. He has Atletico playing some great stuff and aside from Falcao has not really splashed the cash while he is there. Imagine what he could do with this current crop and a few signings of his own. Mancini was certainly let down in the summer. But he has failed to change the team's tactics this season, which is why I can see him leaving. He seems to always need top class signings and can never get the most out of players. Mourinho is an interesting one, He would probably win us trophies short term, but long term it would be bad as he doesn't seem to be into youth and clubs seem to suffer after he leaves. just have to wait and see i guess what happens in the summer.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:

A fair comment, and I don't mind if we have a new manager every 3 years as long as we are successful.

Whoever it was who informed the owner that the squad could be improved on the cheap last summer fucked up big time
I think Mancini knew unless the squad was improved with actual world class players this season was going to be a nightmare.We lost out on our top targets simply because we tried to do it on the cheap. So RM was fighting an uphill battle even then.He knew if we racked up a few injuries to key players and maybe one or two players had a dip in form well he wasn't wrong was he? Mancini had his knees taken out from him in the summer. And with the players he actually got apart from Nasty who has been our best summer signing the rest haven't improved the squad.Infact the squad is weaker than this time last year so know wonder Mancini looks stressed with the weight of the world on his shoulders knowing its nearly impossible to retain a title and mount a serious challenge for the champs league when your squad is Infact weaker than the one you had that won the league by the smallest of margins
Hopefully this summer the club can clear the decks of the players that are not good enough so that club can free up some funds to help cover the cost of bringing in the talent that WILL improve the squad so RM is able to mount a serious challenge in every competition that the club is in
Or the club prefers to back a new manager whoever is in change in the summer the club cannot make the same mistake again by not improving the squad when we are on top it's easier to recruit players if the club has just won the league

Lol,do you really think an egotistical,stubborn,control freak like Mancini would not have had an input on who we signed this summer??

It beggars belief that there are attempts to blame our regression on other factors.

Mancini is the manager,he makes the decisions regarding team affairs,his personality would not allow anything different,the fault lies firmly at his door.

They're trying to defend him but they're degrading him big time.. if you're manager of Premier League club and nobody doesn't give a shit about your opinion and transfer targets + buy you player syou don't want then you resign. Simple as that.

First thing can happen and be forgiven, managers not getting their first wishes all the time but if you accept that you get players you don't want at all then you go if you're decent enough.

Or you get sacked if you're trying to prove your points by not playing and completely ignoring players you got that you didn't want (it would be Sinclair if that is the case).

Or at least, you put your head down and work with what you have without moaning to media.

Mancini failed to do anything of that and hopefully will be sacked for proving his stupid points and failing to deliver in the process. You fight and win your control or you accept that you don't have it. Anything between always harms mostly the club and it's results.

FantasyIreland said:
Lol,do you really think an egotistical,stubborn,control freak like Mancini would not have had an input on who we signed this summer??

It beggars belief that there are attempts to blame our regression on other factors.

Mancini is the manager,he makes the decisions regarding team affairs,his personality would not allow anything different,the fault lies firmly at his door.

I can see your point about Mancini being stubborn and being a control freak I can see that about him
But something happened behind the scenes regarding transfers it's a big gap from Hazard to Garcia And RVP to Rodwell
When other teams have won the league they always bring in players who will improve the whole squad not weaken it and that's what we did last year

samharris said:
How far we have come that we contenplate getting rid of a manager who has us second as oppossed to a manager who has us languishing in the relegation zone...

The arab money is surely not related to the second position...<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am --<br /><br />
George Hannah said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
a lot of people on this forum seem to want Mourinho....a manager who with a squad more capable of winning than ours has failed to achieve this season.
a lot of people on this forum have little intelligence and less taste.

You mean like Mancini forcing Boateng to leave his wife, who had twins 5 weeks early, and go to Kiev to sit on the bench? That kind of taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.