Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:
How far we have come that we contenplate getting rid of a manager who has us second as oppossed to a manager who has us languishing in the relegation zone...

The arab money is surely not related to the second position...

-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 am --

George Hannah said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
a lot of people on this forum seem to want Mourinho....a manager who with a squad more capable of winning than ours has failed to achieve this season.
a lot of people on this forum have little intelligence and less taste.

You mean like Mancini forcing Boateng to leave his wife, who had twins 5 weeks early, and go to Kiev to sit on the bench? That kind of taste?

2 of the worst, most ridiculous posts i've seen in a long time.

ban-mcfc said:
Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:
How far we have come that we contenplate getting rid of a manager who has us second as oppossed to a manager who has us languishing in the relegation zone...

George Hannah said:

You mean like Mancini forcing Boateng to leave his wife, who had twins 5 weeks early, and go to Kiev to sit on the bench? That kind of taste?

Thanks for your input. Your rhetoric is sublime.

ban-mcfc said:
Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:

George Hannah said:

He keeps chirping away on his anti mancini campaign,thread after thread
Leave him to it..

Comrade Buka said:
ban-mcfc said:
Comrade Buka said:

your insistence in slating a man who's just landed us 2 trophies in 2 years, for the first time since 1969 is sublime.

and "arab money" sounds just like a rag.

Comrade Buka said:
ban-mcfc said:
Comrade Buka said:

I suppose with all this arab money, you could manage the team yourself to success. Why dont you go that and then get back.

People on here keep saying we need a long term manager like mancini, but wasn't it him who spat is dummy out and talked to Monaco about the job there, because city wouldn't go out and spend another 200 mill on players for him. Who's to say if another big club came in for him he wouldn't jump ship, I am gratefull to mancini but we owe him nothing it's the owners who made it all possible. Don't get me wrong I'm not a mancini hater I like him but I like European football more and city playing well so he has to go at the end of season with a golden handshake and a thank you.

Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:

George Hannah said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
a lot of people on this forum seem to want Mourinho....a manager who with a squad more capable of winning than ours has failed to achieve this season.

this is a great point and you are spot on with your info, can't be one rule for one and another rule for others too mancini lacks quality in all areas why can't some fans see this!<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 am --<br /><br />Mancini out!

Comrade Buka said:
samharris said:

a.aaa-DAFUQ-IS-THIS-SHIT.jpg

mayo31 said:
A bloke calling himself or called Louis Cooper wrote this on the MUEN. Great post and one I agree with:

Let us not forget, that the self professed 'biggest club in the world' won NOTHING last season. Arsenal have won nothing for 7 years. I don't recall any sackings.

Let us not forget, Mancini has won FA Cup, League and CS in 3 years at the club. EVERY City fan would have snapped RM's hand off with that promise 3 years ago. In the beginning, Ferguson won nothing for 5 years - even after massive player investments (Webb, Ince, Pallister etc). It took Fergie 13 years to win the CL. And for such a great manager he has only won 2 out of 20. Mourinho has won as many in less than one third of the time. Of the current crop of PL Managers, only Wenger and Ferguson have won more than Mancini.

Let us not forget that Mancini is 48. Wenger is 63. Ferguson is 71 and both have much more knowledge and experience than RM. He will get better and learn. You can't compare him to any of the others. It's like comparing on old pro to a player breaking through and learning his trade.

I do think the next 12 games will tell us all we need to know - i.e. if we fight to the end. But Mancini has to improve - like everyone else. He needs to improve his body language, his engagement with players and his decision making in team selection and tactics (especially in Europe). His self awareness and desire to improve will be the key to staying or going. Also his solidarity with Txiki and the owner.

Let's not forget, a change will play into the hands of our rivals.

Is Mancini's offering acceptable? Is 2 out of 3 trophy winning seasons acceptable (not forgetting this season is not over yet) after 3 full seasons in charge?

Damn right it is.

FORZA MANCINI

There is one line in there that is either wrong, or is certainly debatable.

Let's not forget, a change will play into the hands of our rivals.

When Ranieri was replaced by Mourinho, everyone said exactly the same thing. Why change managers when Ranieri would surely continue to improve and go on to win things. Surely it would take time for any new manager to rebuild a new team in his own style.

And what happened? Instant success and back to back titles.

I am of the opinion that we have undererformed under Mancini. We scraped a title win last season in the most dramatic fashion and on 99 other days would have lost it at the last. Against the 18 teams that both United and us played last season, they scored 6 points more than us. It should NEVER have been this close. We were miles better than them man for man, and they spent most of the season with an inept rookie goalkeeper and their one decent defender (Vidic) out injured. They were relying on Danny fucking Welbeck FFS when we had Aguero. Anderson or Fletcher vs Yaya and Silva. Evans vs Kompany. How on earth did such a shite United team run us so close? How on earth are a marginally improved United team now 12 points clear???

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that much of this underperformance is down to Mancini's shortcomings and in some cases stubbornness. I equally have no doubt that had Mourinho been our manager last season, we would have won by a decent margin, and we would not be 12 points behind now. I also would not expect the team to go backwards if he took over tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.