Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
markbmcfc said:
We've had a poor season. Nothing more.

You don't sack a manager after a poor season. Especially when the previous two were successful.

Write this year off, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. In three seasons, we've had one poor season. It's not as if we are steadily getting worse. This season if anything goes against the trend.

Plus we had a shocker in the summer, and that wasn't Mancini's fault.
Stop talking sense mark ffs.

markbmcfc said:

You don't sack a manager after a poor season. Especially when the previous two were successful.

Write this year off, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. In three seasons, we've had one poor season. It's not as if we are steadily getting worse. This season if anything goes against the trend.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We can't defend the indefencable in the name of stabilty!
Mancini has had the keys to the treaure chest but he has brought his own downfall
In europe and the premier league pace is the killer of teams
We have no pace, we are one dimensional and his european exploits with Inter were an underachievement.
He helped elevate us to a certain level but who could argue that the premier league is not as strong as years gone by, hence other english sides in europe, certainly over the last couple of years.
When I look at PSG, in an inferior league also, they are doing the transition to a major club twice as quick.
The conclusion is we have reached a level we were going to reach regardless of mancini, but we need to go further and you could argue we need a rebuild again, progression has halted and he has reached the end of his shelf life.
Nothing ever stays the same and if you stand still you move backwards.
The good thing about this season is the majority will be in full agreement we need to change direction

The cookie monster said:
markbmcfc said:

He never started mate so he doesn't need to stop.

Seriously though ... Mancini Out this summer is the only sensible decision the board can make in my view. His failures are brought into stark contrast this week with the CL reaching it's knock out stage and the rags being able to focus solely on that as they pretty much have the league sewn up. I'm sure it's all very very embarrassing for Sheikh Mansour. He dashed Super Mario, and I'm confident he'll dash Bobby Manc and then the next phase of the project will begin in earnest.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
markbmcfc said:

Seriously though ... Mancini Out this summer is the only sensible decision the board can make in my view. His failures are brought into stark contrast this week with the CL reaching it's knock out stage and the rags being able to focus solely on that as they pretty much have the league sewn up. I'm sure it's all very very embarrassing for Sheikh Mansour. He dashed Super Mario, and I'm confident he'll dash Bobby Manc and then the next phase of the project will begin in earnest.

yeah so embarrassing that the plan was to get regular top 4 finishes and win the league within 5 years.

mancini has not only completed the first part, he's also won us an FA cup as a bonus and won the league title a head of schedule.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
markbmcfc said:

Can we keep Kolorov though. I mean I know he isn't that great but he is a good lad

ban-mcfc said:
yeah so embarrassing that the plan was to get regular top 4 finishes and win the league within 5 years.

mancini has not only completed the first part, he's also won us an FA cup as a bonus and won the league title a head of schedule.

Then why was he looking for other jobs last season and why were we looking at other managers ?

Actually ... nevermind. You don't have an answer to that and my point has been made loud and clear.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Can we keep Kolorov though. I mean I know he isn't that great but he is a good lad

Haha - no chance. You can't have squad/back up players on 100k a week plus ...

BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:

Then why was he looking for other jobs last season and why were we looking at other managers ?

Actually ... nevermind. You don't have an answer to that and my point has been made loud and clear.

how do you know we were looking at other managers?

and he was protecting himself, the media were calling for his head and he obviously wasn't a 100%

i'd do the same if people were saying i was going to be sacked, even though nothing had come from my bosses.

explain to me why he's got a 5 year contract?

ban-mcfc said:
explain to me why he's got a 5 year contract?

Right after you explain to me why Adam Johnson got a five year contract before being sold less than 12 months later ... or why Jose Mourinho got a new contract last summer when he's patently leaving Real Madrid this summer ?

Am having a day of the mancini v jomo today billy,well just the one post anyway :)

2vih9j4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.