Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Am having a day of the mancini v jomo today billy,well just the one post anyway :)

2vih9j4.jpg

Me and you are just two sides of the same coin Cookie ... :)

markbmcfc said:
We've had a poor season. Nothing more.

You don't sack a manager after a poor season. Especially when the previous two were successful.

Write this year off, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. In three seasons, we've had one poor season. It's not as if we are steadily getting worse. This season if anything goes against the trend.

Plus we had a shocker in the summer, and that wasn't Mancini's fault.
Disagree but a well reasoned post.

Reality is we only played our best football early last season. We went off the boil and only really came to life when Tevez returned.

We struggled against teams last season who parked the bus and its got even worse this season, no answer to that other than a 3-5-2 formation which fits us like Jo Brand in a pair of size 10 jeans.

For the life of me I don't understand the sentimental logic shown here. Mancini has form for being poor in Europe. We need to make headway and if the past is to be learned from (isn't that why we have stats and analysis) then he's proven to be short of whats required.

Finally and I'm yet to read a post containing this, Players themselves. They have ambition and targets. Some have come here to win things and do well in Europe, quite simply if we aren't then they may look to the next club that offer better possibilities. Thinking otherwise is fanciful, players have short careers and can get paid lots of money elsewhere. Taking a punt on Mancini is also taking a punt on keeping stars like Silva and Aguero. Are they meant to stick around hoping Mancini comes good in Europe and sees sense and plays wingers? Or will a move to Real tempt them?

Being potless come end of season can and does happen. I'm not worried about it happening again but its too simple to just state it like that. You can get potless by end of season by losing in the FA cup semis/final, chase down league to withing a few points etc. Then theres crashing out to Villa in the CC, gaining a solitary point v Ajax over 2 legs in Europe and losing the league by mid Feb.

Eyes don't lie, just hearts bias sight.

I'm no 'Mancini In' obsessive, nor am I obsessive over him leaving like Billy, I would say the jury is out for me at this moment in time. He has a lot to prove and this season has been regressive away from the poor summer and regardless of prior success.

I have a number of frustrations and the book stops with the manager, I just feel it is too early. I'd give him another year, then we will know if the regression is a serious problem, or if this one season is a write off.

That's just me however.

I dont WANT Mancini out as such, but I think he will be gone and I can no longer say that that isn't for the best all round. We really have been a shadow of our former selves all season. The squad isn't actually as good as people make out but by the same token we just haven't put up any kind of fight throughout the whole season.

There are so many aspects to all this, so many questions and issues but ultimately we have gone backwards drastically. Unless we win 11/12 of our remaining fixtures we are going to be way down on points total from last season. There are mitigating circumstances but I just don't think Mancini has the backing of the players any more. Normally I would say fuck the players and support the manager but I have always praised Mancini and the board for not only bringing in quality players but also players that seemed to be level headed and with the right attitude. If then, these 'professional' players seem to have turned on him, I have to wonder where it leaves the manager.

Truth be told I think it will be better for everyone involved if Mancini left in the summer. Certainly he himself seems to not be very happy here and I'm sure the job offers from Italy would come pouring in. He will carry on being successful, no doubt about that.

That said we can only sack him if we have a better candidate lined up to replace. I love Mancini for what he has done for us and will be gutted the day he does leave but I am only interested in the best for MCFC.

ban-mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
ban-mcfc said:
yeah so embarrassing that the plan was to get regular top 4 finishes and win the league within 5 years.

mancini has not only completed the first part, he's also won us an FA cup as a bonus and won the league title a head of schedule.

Then why was he looking for other jobs last season and why were we looking at other managers ?

Actually ... nevermind. You don't have an answer to that and my point has been made loud and clear.

how do you know we were looking at other managers?

and he was protecting himself, the media were calling for his head and he obviously wasn't a 100%

i'd do the same if people were saying i was going to be sacked, even though nothing had come from my bosses.

explain to me why he's got a 5 year contract?

So it was entirely reasonable for Mancini to protect himself, but our owners are so incompetent, they would not have made any attempts to do likewise?

jay_mcfc said:
I dont WANT Mancini out as such, but I think he will be gone and I can no longer say that that isn't for the best all round. We really have been a shadow of our former selves all season. The squad isn't actually as good as people make out but by the same token we just haven't put up any kind of fight throughout the whole season.

There are so many aspects to all this, so many questions and issues but ultimately we have gone backwards drastically. Unless we win 11/12 of our remaining fixtures we are going to be way down on points total from last season. There are mitigating circumstances but I just don't think Mancini has the backing of the players any more. Normally I would say fuck the players and support the manager but I have always praised Mancini and the board for not only bringing in quality players but also players that seemed to be level headed and with the right attitude. If then, these 'professional' players seem to have turned on him, I have to wonder where it leaves the manager.

Truth be told I think it will be better for everyone involved if Mancini left in the summer. Certainly he himself seems to not be very happy here and I'm sure the job offers from Italy would come pouring in. He will carry on being successful, no doubt about that.

That said we can only sack him if we have a better candidate lined up to replace. I love Mancini for what he has done for us and will be gutted the day he does leave but I am only interested in the best for MCFC.

Fair play to you for this

NipHolmes said:
markbmcfc said:
We've had a poor season. Nothing more.

You don't sack a manager after a poor season. Especially when the previous two were successful.

Write this year off, rebuild in the summer and go again next year. In three seasons, we've had one poor season. It's not as if we are steadily getting worse. This season if anything goes against the trend.

Plus we had a shocker in the summer, and that wasn't Mancini's fault.
Disagree but a well reasoned post.

Reality is we only played our best football early last season. We went off the boil and only really came to life when Tevez returned.

We struggled against teams last season who parked the bus and its got even worse this season, no answer to that other than a 3-5-2 formation which fits us like Jo Brand in a pair of size 10 jeans.

For the life of me I don't understand the sentimental logic shown here. Mancini has form for being poor in Europe. We need to make headway and if the past is to be learned from (isn't that why we have stats and analysis) then he's proven to be short of whats required.

Finally and I'm yet to read a post containing this, Players themselves. They have ambition and targets. Some have come here to win things and do well in Europe, quite simply if we aren't then they may look to the next club that offer better possibilities. Thinking otherwise is fanciful, players have short careers and can get paid lots of money elsewhere. Taking a punt on Mancini is also taking a punt on keeping stars like Silva and Aguero. Are they meant to stick around hoping Mancini comes good in Europe and sees sense and plays wingers? Or will a move to Real tempt them?

Being potless come end of season can and does happen. I'm not worried about it happening again but its too simple to just state it like that. You can get potless by end of season by losing in the FA cup semis/final, chase down league to withing a few points etc. Then theres crashing out to Villa in the CC, gaining a solitary point v Ajax over 2 legs in Europe and losing the league by mid Feb.

Eyes don't lie, just hearts bias sight.
excellent post mate, I honestly don't know where all this loyalty to mancini comes from! We have a real chance to dominate the prem with our squad and get Europe talking about how good man city is as a club, sadly we fail on both counts under mancini, yes he won the league but if we're being honest here with that squad it was expected, mancini is stalling the clubs growth big time and he needs to be sacked can any man city fan honestly say hand on heart that the football we play isn't frustrating? That the European performances haven't been pathetic! We have great players who need a great coach and mancini is not the man to take us to the next level. We can keep singing his name supporting him and give him time to grow and change his flaws but by doing that your stalling us as a club and that in my eyes is ludicrous. I've never rated mancini and I never will if anything he's just proved all the worries I had when we hired him. It would be interesting to know the players thoughts on this. My bet is mancini wouldn't be top of the list of managers they would like to work with!

NipHolmes said:

It's a point oft ignored by people ... Mancini isn't under pressure because we might finish the season without a trophy. He's under pressure because of the performances of the team. Thus if he is dispensed with, it'll be because of those performances. Not because we finished the season potentially without a trophy.

markbmcfc said:
I'm no 'Mancini In' obsessive, nor am I obsessive over him leaving like Billy, I would say the jury is out for me at this moment in time. He has a lot to prove and this season has been regressive away from the poor summer and regardless of prior success.

I have a number of frustrations and the book stops with the manager, I just feel it is too early. I'd give him another year, then we will know if the regression is a serious problem, or if this one season is a write off.

That's just me however.

I'm in the back or sack but I'm off the opinion his man management is pitiful and he's out of ideas and is too preoccupied blaming what's gone wrong than trying to get things right.

Width nails this league, Chelsea wity Robben and Duff and United well the list goes on. It'd help Dzeko out and also take the pressure off our midfield.

It's easy to say give another year but that means Mancini gets to spend the overhaul money in the summer. I'd sooner that money is spent by someone of a better ilk to be frank. Mancini bought and failed to get the best out of - Kolarov (15m), Dzeko (27m), Mario (24m), Milner (18+ Ireland). We will lose on resales of each of those and everyone of those players isn't a starter in our team either. That's most worrying, doubling money on players and not getting the most from them. He stamps his feet that he didn't get RVP and De Rossi etc but look at the players he did get yet failed to get best out of.

We haven't even got a first choice pairing yet, our midfielder too slow and we have no real wide presence.

Blame goes elsewhere and dirty linen is aired publicly.

Just nonsense to believe that our project/future is dependant on this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.