Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
waspish said:
citizens_1976 said:
You don't just sack a manager for the sake of it! All the best clubs and most successful clubs have stability- which is something we have never had. Sacking Mancini would be a club disaster! It's very typical City to sack another manager and I'm completely ashamed of some our fans on the board, because of a bad season want Mancini gone. Who do we get if we sack Mancini?! I hear Moyes, Laudrup and Klopp on this forum, none of which are more successful than Mancini. Until this season, Mancini had been the most successful Premier League manager since his arrival. He's won a trophy each season and if he had got the players he wanted in the summer, would be adding to the trophies he already has with us.
Ferguson has had bad seasons at United, like Mancini may have with us this season but there's no need to fire him and replace him, if anything the players haven't done It for him this season. I've seen many below par performances from our best players and many unlucky games in which we should have won. The difference is Van Persie, end of story.

Totally Agee.. Fans should just think back to the appointing Mancini and how that feeling was when we hadn't won fuck all for 35 years and being taking the piss out of and mocked by that banner at the scum Mancini came along promised that it will be pulled down then a year later winning the league and now with this so called blip(second in the league) some fans want him out beggars belief really..

The banner, 35 years, being mocked, etc. Not really important. Progress on the pitch - very important. So on that basis, since we haven't progressed on the pitch since October/November 2011 and since our current trajectory is downwards, the only thing that beggars belief are those City fans who think that Mancini isn't under pressure and shouldn't be under pressure. He has contrived to throw away the league title by mid Feb, regardless of his protestations in yesterday's press conference. Like he said, Khaldoun, they, are not happy.

So if we EVER have one season that is poorer than the previous we should get rid of our manager? Ridicules thinking

waspish said:
citizens_1976 said:
You don't just sack a manager for the sake of it! All the best clubs and most successful clubs have stability- which is something we have never had. Sacking Mancini would be a club disaster! It's very typical City to sack another manager and I'm completely ashamed of some our fans on the board, because of a bad season want Mancini gone. Who do we get if we sack Mancini?! I hear Moyes, Laudrup and Klopp on this forum, none of which are more successful than Mancini. Until this season, Mancini had been the most successful Premier League manager since his arrival. He's won a trophy each season and if he had got the players he wanted in the summer, would be adding to the trophies he already has with us.
Ferguson has had bad seasons at United, like Mancini may have with us this season but there's no need to fire him and replace him, if anything the players haven't done It for him this season. I've seen many below par performances from our best players and many unlucky games in which we should have won. The difference is Van Persie, end of story.

Totally Agee.. Fans should just think back to the appointing Mancini and how that feeling was when we hadn't won fuck all for 35 years and being taking the piss out of and mocked by that banner at the scum Mancini came along promised that it will be pulled down then a year later winning the league and now with this so called blip(second in the league) some fans want him out beggars belief really..

Even 'King' Billy Shears is of the view that Mancini will probably be going around again, if only by default because of the unavailability of a top shelf replacement.

If (I repeat if) this is the case then he really needs to sit back with Txiki and analyse his managerial style, from the way he presents at press conferences, to his man management, the snail-like tempo which has surely disadvantaged players like Silva and Sergio, his weird substitutions and his dislike of wingers.

It will probably be more by good fortune that he retains the job. Is so he better adapt his style quick smart.

Fans can think what they want but bottom line they getting it all from the media reporting that they think Mancini is under pressure! NO ONE KNOWS HOW OUR OWNERS WORK of they don't sack him this summer we know they are sensible owners with long term thinking

waspish said:
So if we EVER have one season that is poorer than the previous we should get rid of our manager? Ridicules thinking

I think you have to be careful when you see signs that a team is going backwards or that a manager has lost some of his motivational skills, about how long you let that decline continue. We will see over the course of the rest of this season whether he can arrest the slide. He spoke bullishly yesterday about how he hasn't given up on the title . Lets hope he can inspire the same determination in his players.

The rag media have been clamoring for Mancini to go from the very moment he got here.
Why give them their wish whilst still second in the league?
The only way I could see him going is if we were to miss out on CL qualification. That would be nothing short of disastrous but is a long way off from happening at the moment.
This is not the time to panic. Stability is key here.
Those calling for him to go need to take a step back and see where we were 3 years ago....

Oh, and for anyone here who maintains RVP does not make the difference, there are 19 goals that say he does!

waspish said:
Fans can think what they want but bottom line they getting it all from the media reporting that they think Mancini is under pressure! NO ONE KNOWS HOW OUR OWNERS WORK of they don't sack him this summer we know they are sensible owners with long term thinking

This thread isn't 180 pages long because of the media. You strike me as someone in heavy denial.

BillyShears said:
waspish said:

I think you have to be careful when you see signs that a team is going backwards or that a manager has lost some of his motivational skills, about how long you let that decline continue. We will see over the course of the rest of this season whether he can arrest the slide. He spoke bullishly yesterday about how he hasn't given up on the title . Lets hope he can inspire the same determination in his players.

Well I agree on that but come on 1 year where we are second and the only difference this year stat wise is our finishing in front of goal, I've watched every city game and yes it's been frustrating sometimes but the amount of chances we miss is unbelievable and we all know goals change mentalities! You want Mancini replaced I want our owners to give him at least another 2 seasons...

waspish said:
You want Mancini replaced I want our owners to give him at least another 2 seasons...

And the world will keep turning and we'll both still be here whichever outcome occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.