Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
baildon blue said:
Mancini european record stinks for City.Lets look at the mighty teams that have beaten us in europe Ajax Sporting Lisbon Dynamo Kiev very average teams in europe and we cant beat them.

We beat 2 of those 3 teams.
Yeah but we still lost overall.Lets not forget last year when we couldnt even finish runners up to those giants of Italian giants Napoli in the champions league group.But losing to Sporting Lisbon was the total pi** take on aggregate

baildon blue said:
NQCitizen said:
baildon blue said:
Mancini european record stinks for City.Lets look at the mighty teams that have beaten us in europe Ajax Sporting Lisbon Dynamo Kiev very average teams in europe and we cant beat them.

We beat 2 of those 3 teams.
Yeah but we still lost overall.Lets not forget last year when we couldnt even finish runners up to those giants of Italian giants Napoli in the champions league group.But losing to Sporting Lisbon was the total pi** take on aggregate

I know you love City with all your heart but don't understand some fans negativity

baildon blue said:
giants of Italian giants
colossus-rh.jpg
I know he's not Italian

Yaya_Tony said:
I also have reservations about Mancini, but in my mind these are far outweighed by our success so far. Europe isn't a concern for me, yet, although I do expect qualification as minimum next season.

The point I was attempting to make was that we used to discuss (and appoint) new managers all the time in the old days, now, imho, we have a pretty decent one, and his future is still under scrutiny, despite success. It seems to me that it is fallout from growing out of mid-table to champs, that we expect perfection. If perfection isn't achieved, immediate response is to change the boss. And discuss alternatives. This doesn't seem rational to me.

I think that post is a bit contradictory. You can't on the one hand say you expect qualification from our CL group "as a minimum" next season, then in the next paragraph say that people who are discussing his tenure this season are being irrational.

You're closer to my way of thinking than you realise mate.

European success may not be a priority for some fans... indeed, a lot of City fans I travel to the game with seem to find Champions League almost a chore (why, I don't know. Maybe because we're so rubbish in it). But for the club itself, Financial Fair Play, our brand name, and us becoming a self-sustaining juggernaut European consistency/relative success (quarters/semis/final) is of the upmost importance. I'm a big Mancini fan but it's not dramatic to call him a failure in the Champions League so far. The best he's done in 7 attempts being the quarter finals but the most alarming thing is he's regressed rather than improved in Europe. Chronologically his CL record is: Group stage, quarter final, quarter final, last 16, last 16, group stage, group stage. Take out his first failure with Lazio (understandable) and it's a downward slope I'm afraid.

Kazzydeyna said:
The god that (for some) is mourinho is currently third in the Scottish , sorry, Spanish league.

He is second in his own city. And miles and miles behind the leaders.

He has also caused a humongous split in his dressing room, with cliques and cabals aplenty throughout the club.

He is a renowned media whore (witness for example his petulance against the shite last week, leaving the dressing room to sit alone in the full glare of the worlds media, knowing full well all cameras would be on him) at half time.

He has left clubs riven by strife each time he leaves.

Basically he is the "foreign Harry redknapp".

Mourinho for city?? No thanks , ill vote to stay with the best city manager I've known in my 42 years on this earth.

Some posters on here are the most depressing, Schindler-esque, ungrateful, clueless, knee-jerking fans on the face of the earth.

Forza Mancini. Ten more years please.

yep but just think the moaners can moan more ;)

LoveCity said:
European success may not be a priority for some fans... indeed, a lot of City fans I travel to the game with seem to find Champions League almost a chore (why, I don't know. Maybe because we're so rubbish in it). But for the club itself, Financial Fair Play, our brand name, and us becoming a self-sustaining juggernaut European consistency/relative success (quarters/semis/final) is of the upmost importance. I'm a big Mancini fan but it's not dramatic to call him a failure in the Champions League so far. The best he's done in 7 attempts being the quarter finals but the most alarming thing is he's regressed rather than improved in Europe. Chronologically his CL record is: Group stage, quarter final, quarter final, last 16, last 16, group stage, group stage. Take out his first failure with Lazio (understandable) and it's a downward slope I'm afraid.
Well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.