Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

MCFC BOB said:
NQCitizen said:
MCFC BOB said:
He gets the best out of his players and he could potentially bring Hummels with him in the summer. If Dortmund weren't so focused on doing so well in Europe they'd be much closer to Bayern, who are actually having their revenge season (haven't they only conceded 7 goals all season?) to win back the Bundesliga title anyway.

Isn't that exactly what we're up against with United having the best run ever?
Well, no, not exactly.

Dortmund won the title in 2011 and defended it in 2012.
They're still in the Champions' League.
They've got less money.
Klopp has much less to work with than Mancini and is achieving better results.

If anyone doesn't 'get' what you just wrote needs to stop watching football, they simply don't understand.

It's simplistic to just compare achievements, you need to factor in competition, time frame, funds and the future. Dortmund have done what we've done but on a shoestring. This isn't to say we're fucked, we just simply need a set of better educated eyes to lead the way. We have the tools, we just need the right man.

You can have the engine, the chassis, the wheels, the abs etc but if you don't have the right driver you won't win the race.

I find it very interesting how many turncoats there are on this site - I have been reviled for being outspoken in my dislike of Mancini; as a person and, more importantly, as a Manager.

His man management skills are non existent and his tactics and team selections utterly baffling - I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on abysmal transfer policy which hasn't helped.

Every team he has picked has been wrong (i give you nasri instead of milner as an example). He always drops players 'in form'. Blames players for poor performances whilst playing them out of position. I don't like his style of play and his negative sideways methods.

I have been the only one here who has warned of this impending calamity - a billion spent and we wont win a trophy - indeed, will we finish 4th?

We are the only team I can recall who win the title and actually go out of our way to ensure we dont do it again. 50m spent on utter rubbish..........................oh,hell,this is the most down I have been as a blue in 50yrs because they just didnt try - and I cant label that at previous sides no matter how crap we've been.

Please, Just go.....................

Moody said:
Exactly he never questions himself we don't score he comes out and says aguero and dzeko didn't play well but anyone knows if you watch city every week like me that Sergio bust a gut every game for the club and that's without any decent service so comes short all the time to get the ball. Mancini needs to look in the mirror not have a pop at the players he lacks tactical skills in some areas and only has one style of play for me he has to go or we risk losing players like Sergio!

+1

He's stupid, arrogant and naive. He thinks he can't make any mistakes.

Marvin said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Skashion said:
Thank fuck he isn't nine points behind in a title race.
He has worked absolute miracles at Dortmund on a small budget and actually qualified from the CL group unlike Mancini and like LoveCity has said previously on this thread he fits perfectly with visions from the owners and the idea of of promoting youth with new academy campus being built at Dortmund he watches the youth side on a regular basis.

Personally my first choice would be Mouriho as he would guarantee trophies but if he isn't attainable then Klopp is a close second.
You want to take your blue tinted glasses off and have a look at MCFC and English football from the outside.

Dortmund play in front of 80k and are 2nd in their League. We play in front of 47k and are 2nd in the League to a club who are going to dominate football for the forseeable future.

I am not dead set against changing manager but before you actively wish it and hope for it, bear in mind that it wont be easy getting the big name you wish for and as Real Madrid have found it guarantees nothing.

I hope Mancini re-captures the belief of his players and City have a great finish to the season at Wembley but that's another pipe-dream

Real Madrid have done just fine. It's laughable that you say it guarantees nothing, last season they were exceptional! Players have had a civil war against manager and still they are in CL and still they look good as a force.

100 points last season, most goals ever scored etc. Yet people dismiss that. Why?

NipHolmes said:
MCFC BOB said:
NQCitizen said:
Isn't that exactly what we're up against with United having the best run ever?
Well, no, not exactly.

Dortmund won the title in 2011 and defended it in 2012.
They're still in the Champions' League.
They've got less money.
Klopp has much less to work with than Mancini and is achieving better results.

If anyone doesn't 'get' what you just wrote needs to stop watching football, they simply don't understand.

It's simplistic to just compare achievements, you need to factor in competition, time frame, funds and the future. Dortmund have done what we've done but on a shoestring. This isn't to say we're fucked, we just simply need a set of better educated eyes to lead the way. We have the tools, we just need the right man.

You can have the engine, the chassis, the wheels, the abs etc but if you don't have the right driver you won't win the race.

Just depends if its a Red Bull or Ferrari

ANY1aBLUE said:
..........................oh,hell,this is the most down I have been as a blue in 50yrs because they just didnt try - and I cant label that at previous sides no matter how crap we've been..

Haha you get funnier.

ANY1aBLUE said:
I find it very interesting how many turncoats there are on this site - I have been reviled for being outspoken in my dislike of Mancini; as a person and, more importantly, as a Manager.

His man management skills are non existent and his tactics and team selections utterly baffling - I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on abysmal transfer policy which hasn't helped.

Every team he has picked has been wrong (i give you nasri instead of milner as an example). He always drops players 'in form'. Blames players for poor performances whilst playing them out of position. I don't like his style of play and his negative sideways methods.

I have been the only one here who has warned of this impending calamity - a billion spent and we wont win a trophy - indeed, will we finish 4th?

We are the only team I can recall who win the title and actually go out of our way to ensure we dont do it again. 50m spent on utter rubbish..........................oh,hell,this is the most down I have been as a blue in 50yrs because they just didnt try - and I cant label that at previous sides no matter how crap we've been.

Please, Just go.....................

Lol

What about Gary Neville?

The only one who knows how Fergie works and could out mind game him?

Re: was I the only one..

SergioInAddedTime said:
That expected to wake up to the news that Mancini was fired? He cant even motivate the players anymore, he needs to fucking go.

And who exactly is available to replace him?

So yes, I think you are the only one.

Marvin said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danamy said:
It won't be long and Soriano will be saying it

I bet Khaldoon is happy he doesn't have to deal with most of this shit anymore.

The great thing about where we now stand as a club, it's great to know all the fans can trust the owners and the people that have been put in place, to make the right calls.
Can we? Big mistakes made in the Summer, and the new suits may be well qualified accountants who were very lucky to be at Barcelona at the right time.

I think I am coming round to your way of thinking, but I don't share your confidence about the future. We are in a vulnerable position. The academy if 18 months off. The new stadium is not going to be full if fans don't have a winning team, and a new manager wont have the funds Mancini and Hughes had. At the same time I think Mancini has had his time.

I understand that, and it's not about blind faith, not at all. For me, prior to the two Barca guys coming in, our board have held a blind spot to something clearly not right this season.

Perhaps, I do them a disservice, and it was a primary driver for those particular appointments?

However, Soriano and Begiristain know full well the exacting standards required to be successful at the top of the game.

Begiristain certainly seems to know his onions. As for the next 18 months, it has to be about moving forward.

I actually think the new manager will be given a lot of money this summer, as a result of outgoings, and what has been held back.

Mancini is also falling foul of the cycle. We accelerated our spending to compete and a number are now peaked and running down contracts.

In that respect, I feel sorry for him. Paying the price for £200m wasted by Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.