Mancini out? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mancini out?

Hamann Pineapple said:
OB1 said:
Blue2112 said:
We've won the league and followed it up with at least a Champions League placing

Sensible stuff, Professor.

Please point out to me where we have guaranteed a Champions League spot. A little presumptious me thinks if not arrogant.
very true

Lose to chelsea and the flapping will get much much worse - if possible

I think we will recover, but I think fans and players too will have been deeply affected by the last couple of weeks, and there's no guarantee we will get back on track as before

Losing a title is traumatic and belief in your team mates, manager, style of play, future etc is everything and losing a title forces everyone to reassess everything

@BluePhil8 said:
de niro said:
the players lost us the game not the manager. they were a shambles. there is talk of them not liking the manager and "throwing" the game, well if thats the case they can fuck off, all of them. you play to the best of your ability when you take to the field of play, fall out with him in the week but on matchday there are 3 points to be won, the whole world are watching and 3500 guys have shelled out good money to watch you perform. now if it was just "one of those days" fine but thats it now. next week we start again and you had better put that man management shit right out of your heads.
Really De Niro? Can you actually tell me what Mancini is paid £8million a year for? Is he just meant to pick a team week in week out and say "there you go, job done! now it's down to the players!"

there is no way mancini told joe to drop the ball or barry to finish like a world class forward.

We are way of challenging for the league and that performance has been coming all season.

i cannot get my head around the transfer policy. We have a very weak squad for the position we are in, champions should not have to bring on Maicon and Kolarov to change a game.

Samba and Diarra(West Ham) were available for about 15mil between them last month. Now they are not world beaters but they were what we need y'day and V L'pool and we could have sold them at the end of the season and probably made a profit

I think the lack of players being bought speaks volumes, I think its curtains for him. The team looked like it was dying last night

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin said:
1 or 2 signings, not necessarily RVP, would have done.

Instead we splurged £50m on players who added depth but no real quality, and lost De Jong, AJ and eventually Balotelli. Not big losses perhaps, but AJ and Mario won games for us last season.

We didn't have to sign world class players in the bracket of RVP, but players who had the potential to add to our team. There are plenty of forwards at Premiership clubs who I would have as a partner to Aguero now over and above what we have.

Dzeko scores, he does enough to warrant better service and he has been failed imho.
He is a title winning player, but nearly all his goals come from crosses

We are caught between two styles now. Playing down the wings to service Dzeko or playing through the middle for Aguero. They do Not play together, so we need to be decisive and play one or the other

We need both, it'd be harder for teams to set up against us too. By having wingers opposing teams have to spread out more which inturn provides more space for Silva and Aguero to work in.

I'm certainly not a Mancini out man but can see why others question him. I like him as a man as I think he is a good one but as we are discussing his managerial skills here's my main issues.

1) Man management. I'm not sure he has got the best out of anyone. His treatment of Balotelli was personal but failed. His treatment of Milner and Lescott baffling.

2) Tactics. 3 man defences. 4 full backs. No wingers. No pace. No centre backs. No plan B. 4 strikers on at once. Our plan seems to be to keep the ball in the middle third for as long as possible and hope the opposition tires.

3) Transfers. No vision. With Wenger, Ferguson, Moyes and even Rodgers at Liverpool you can see why they sign certain players. United go for pace ( and class ). Wenger goes for "nice" footballers, Moyes goes for 100 percenters and Rodgers goes for "nice" footballers. You can see a pattern in their signings. For us it just seems haphazard. Yesterday we ended up playing two fullbacks as wing backs. Why not just sign wing backs? Whats the point in selling Johnson, signing Sinclair and then playing Kolarov?

4) TV. Whether we like it or not TV makes the star teams. To become a global club and stand on our own feet we need to turn ourselves into one of the "big" clubs. To do that we have to be attractive to watch. We have to be a team of choice for the neutral. A team where people think "It's City. This will be good". A lot of die hard City fans don't find the possession football we play exciting so I'm pretty certain that the TV viewers are quite happy to give us a miss. We need to associate our name with excitement not functionality. Having the best defensive record is excellent but having the best attacking record is a lot more fun and exciting.

I think there is a need for some perspective here. There is no such thing as a perfect manager who will get things right every time. Mancini makes mistakes sometimes, but so do all the others.

Those who call for Mancini's exit frequently suggest Mourinho and Klopp as ideal replacements. They are both very accomplished managers with much to offer. However, Mourinho's Real Madrid team has lost five league matches so far this season and sit 16 points adrift of the leaders. Klopp's Borussia Dortmund have lost four league matches so far including a 1-4 thumping at home to Hamburg SV yesterday. They are now 15 points adrift of leaders Bayern Munchen. I guess their fans are about as happy about that as we are about the Southampton result. So we need to keep reality in mind and forget about notions of hiring some mythical miracle worker to replace Mancini.

Mancini isn't perfect. His man-management skills aren't the best. He appears quick to diss his players in public and sometimes slow to praise when appropriate. In certain cases, individuals seem to be harshly frozen out (eg. Lescott). And sometimes Mancini needs to learn to bite his lip. By publicly lambasting Hart yesterday, he risks alienating a player who has produced countless clean sheets for the club and on occasion rescued his boss from abject humiliation (eg. Borussia Dortmund at the Etihad). So Mancini himself - as well as the players - has areas of self-improvement to work on too. But falling short of 100% perfection doesn't mean he should be discarded.

Mancini has managed City to three trophies since joining the club. He must be doing something right! And this season hasn't ended yet; City remain in contention for the FA Cup, and even a Premiership runners-up spot (if achieved) is way beyond what most of us could have dreamed of just five years ago. Life as a blue ain't so bad these days!

Perhaps we need to work with what we've got rather than look to knee-jerk change. Maybe Txiki and Ferran can encourage RM to work more empathically with his players and praise them more readily, and to avoid emotional criticism of them in the media. This is his failing, but it need not be beyond repair. Mancini must learn to overcome his weaknesses, just as the players must work on theirs. But whilst recognising the faults, we mustn't obsess about those in isolation. RM has brought many positives to the club - positives which have delivered three trophies and counting. It would be foolish to throw all that away in haste.

If anybody out there comes across the *perfect* manager, please do let us know. But in the meantime, remember that all the 'dream solution' names come with issues of their own. Mourinho and Klopp are awesome managers. But they lose games too.

de niro said:
@BluePhil8 said:
de niro said:
the players lost us the game not the manager. they were a shambles. there is talk of them not liking the manager and "throwing" the game, well if thats the case they can fuck off, all of them. you play to the best of your ability when you take to the field of play, fall out with him in the week but on matchday there are 3 points to be won, the whole world are watching and 3500 guys have shelled out good money to watch you perform. now if it was just "one of those days" fine but thats it now. next week we start again and you had better put that man management shit right out of your heads.
Really De Niro? Can you actually tell me what Mancini is paid £8million a year for? Is he just meant to pick a team week in week out and say "there you go, job done! now it's down to the players!"

there is no way mancini told joe to drop the ball or barry to finish like a world class forward.
Apart from standing on the pitch and moving players around like kids and saying right tackle him pass to him mark him who Else is it down too got to be the players on the pitch ??

if we dont win anything this season then i feel our owners will deem it totally unnaceptable. i will fear for mancinis job. yes we won the fa cup but any team with a good run and a slice of luck ( notts county )can win a knockout competition. yes we won the league which was brilliant but at the end of the day it cost our owners over 500 million. all i can see now is a weaker squad with a team going backwards. in other words no different to blackburn rovers. i used to cringe on here reading all the tick tock debt ridden end of utd and the power shift because they are in decline. they only lost the title on goal difference last year. theyve strengthened and regrouped which we havent and they will win the league at a stroll this year. yes for a team in decline they are still on for the treble. over to you sheikh mansour.

de niro said:
@BluePhil8 said:
de niro said:

The Chelsea situation under AVB has shown that the senior players were engineering his exit from Stamford Bridge.

de niro said:
@BluePhil8 said:
de niro said:

Ok, well what about there first goal?

Or the Yaya Penalty?

Or the fact that we scored with our first shot on target after 40 minutes?

We were awful and the loss can't be attributed to individual errors. As a team we were static, all of our players were losing the ball. We didn't know how to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.